pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

kenjacobsen

Revelation 19 KJV
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Good day to you, sir. You are on ignore/un-ignore.

Is it actually possible that an adult could be so stunningly ignorant as to think that Jesus is actually fighting actual real people and riding a real horse somewhere while holding a real sword in his mouth??

I can't imagine anyone over ten years old believing that.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Prophesy is full of symbolism.

You are supposed to read contextually.

Many of you don't seem to know that God is love. He is not sadistic God.

Last edited:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
It is just like Jesus' first coming down to earth, they expected Jesus to be Jews' king and destroy Romans who are oppressing.

But Jesus did not do that.

You are expecting Jesus wrong again repeating the same mistake about His role.

When are you going to realize or learn about God and Jesus' love?

6days

No, the lowly Galilean fisherman, being the alleged "pacifist," "sweet baby lying in a manger," harmless, would not....

John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;.....

....would, He?

Good day to you, sir.
I don't think it's quite that simple, to use that one verse to dismiss all arguments from 'pacifists'. We need to look at all of Christ's teachings. Although I am not in total agreement with Meshak, she does present scripture that we need to wrestle with, and try to understand in context..... and try to make it relevant in our lives. How does "love your enemy" look like when you are drafted to fight the Vietcong? Are you justified in killing "enemy" soldiers simply because of your duty to country? I dunno... Likewise would German soldiers who were Christians in WW2 be justified in killing American soldiers because of duty to country?? I am sympathetic to brothers and sisters in Christ....sincere followers of Jesus who are pacifist to one degree or another.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
John 2:15 KJV and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;.....

You use this to claim Jesus is advocate killing people?

this has been refuted over and over.

Jesus did not harm anyone. All He did was drving out of the temple using the whip. It is so laim excuse.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't think it's quite that simple, to use that one verse to dismiss all arguments from 'pacifists'. We need to look at all of Christ's teachings. Although I am not in total agreement with Meshak, she does present scripture that we need to wrestle with, and try to understand in context..... and try to make it relevant in our lives. How does "love your enemy" look like when you are drafted to fight the Vietcong? Are you justified in killing "enemy" soldiers simply because of your duty to country? I dunno... Likewise would German soldiers who were Christians in WW2 be justified in killing American soldiers because of duty to country?? I am sympathetic to brothers and sisters in Christ....sincere followers of Jesus who are pacifist to one degree or another.

You are trying to find the loopholes to justify violent faith.

In Jesus time was no different, it was violent everywhere. Jesus and His disciples did not get involved with any of it. They got killed instead. Read the OP.

kenjacobsen

Wouldn't it be better to follow the teachings of Christ, assuming you call yourself a Christian, rather than "wrestling" with them?

Could they possibly be clearer, since Jesus backed up his words with his own innocent suffering and death rather than strike back, like these blood thirsty hypocrites want to do?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' followers are representative of Jesus. we have responsibility to witness to the world that God is love.

Jesus was sent to teach us how to love.

Killing each other is not Jesus' way.

"love your enemy" is core of Jesus' teachings.

We should not call ourselves His followers if we don't like or accept what Jesus has to say.

"love your enemy" message does not need explanation. It is self-explanatory.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
the west is known as Christian country and they have been deeply involved with the war, beginning with RCC and protestants are following her.

We are not much different from Muslim country with our action.

two wrongs do not make one right.