pacifism for true Jesus' followers.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
There is no 'pacifism' in the Bible- it is a war in which Jesus lies an ultimatum where, if you don't accept, you will be destroyed.

It's as simple as that, there is no in between or debate.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Paul teaches that the soldier is an institution of God to reward the righteous and to punish the unrighteous.

Understand that around half of Paul's letters have been found to be forgeries.

Many followers of Paul were "get along--go along" with the Romans and developed faux letters to back them up. That's why some of Paul's letters advise that everyone obey the government.

It was the Roman Empire that killed Jesus.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was for peace.
He was not a hypocrite.

Preaching peace, atonement, reconciliation and compassion characterizes his mission.
If you stop worshiping Christ and start following Jesus you will realize this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus was for peace.
He was not a hypocrite.

Preaching peace, atonement, reconciliation and compassion characterizes his mission.
If you stop worshiping Christ and start following Jesus you will realize this.

Follow Jesus the Christ and give Him the worship that He deserves. It will be good for you.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Follow Jesus the Christ and give Him the worship that He deserves. It will be good for you.

Worship demands NOTHING of us.

We can repeat in low, sonorous tones to believe, worship and believe and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change our own behavior.

I guess you can call yourself a Christian and believe a list of certain things, but you can assent to some beliefs and still be a cruel jerk.

I have seen this many, many times.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

We can repeat in low, sonorous tones to believe, worship and believe and yet not suffer the slightest urge to change our own behavior.

I guess you can call yourself a Christian and believe a list of certain things, but you can assent to some beliefs and still be a cruel jerk.

Nothing permits anyone to be a jerk.

My apology.

Rosenritter

Matthew 15:8-9 KJV
(8) This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
(9) But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

John 4:23-24 KJV
(23) But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
(24) God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

There is a difference between vain worship (false worship) and true worship (worship in spirit and truth). Do not confuse the meaning of worship with false worship.

Rosenritter

Nothing permits anyone to be a jerk.

My apology.

Daniel 12:10 KJV
(10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 22:11-12 KJV
(11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Or it could be said that God has permitted some to be jerks... at least for a little while.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Daniel 12:10 KJV
(10) Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

Revelation 22:11-12 KJV
(11) He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
(12) And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Or it could be said that God has permitted some to be jerks... at least for a little while.
No. That would be wrong or false.