What do you not understand wit5h theswe verses?

keypurr

I will check it out - thanks. It will probably be a little while before I can really dive into any additional studies, however, as I am busy finishing up my last semester of my Masters in Computer Science.

I think you will love this translation and the note in this edition. Its an eye opener.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think you will love this translation and the note in this edition. Its an eye opener.

Whether in Aramaic or English the truth is the truth.

John 1:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Word Made Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

You are still blind and lost in the sin of unbelief.

keypurr

Whether in Aramaic or English the truth is the truth.

John 1:1 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Deity of Jesus Christ
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

The Word Made Flesh
14 And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

You are still blind and lost in the sin of unbelief.

BR, you will not get all the truth from a Greek to English translation for the Greek itself has distorted the true meaning of the Hebrew and Aramaic originals. No stone should be left unturned in seeking his truth. I have 30+ Greek to English translations that differ in many ways. John 1 is a great example of how the words of God were misunderstood by he Greek translators.

I bet all your life you just believed what you were taught in Sunday school, you most likely never question the wisdom of your Pastors, or educated folks. But the truth is knowledge of God comes from God to those who care enough to seek him in spirit. What you have learned is only the tip of the iceberg.

I know your sincere friend, you love our God as much as I do. But you really do not know him or his son.

Notaclue

Gal.3:16. Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

which is Christ.

Who did God promise? The Son of God, or God the Son?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BR, you will not get all the truth from a Greek to English translation for the Greek itself has distorted the true meaning of the Hebrew and Aramaic originals. No stone should be left unturned in seeking his truth. I have 30+ Greek to English translations that differ in many ways. John 1 is a great example of how the words of God were misunderstood by he Greek translators.

I bet all your life you just believed what you were taught in Sunday school, you most likely never question the wisdom of your Pastors, or educated folks. But the truth is knowledge of God comes from God to those who care enough to seek him in spirit. What you have learned is only the tip of the iceberg.

I know your sincere friend, you love our God as much as I do. But you really do not know him or his son.

I also have many copies of the scriptures plus those available on the internet. I believe the easiest to understand are the word for word translations such as the NASB.
Ah, my friend, How little you know about me. I have two certificates of biblical studies, one from Fountaingate Bible College the other from the Pillar of Truth Bible Institute and am studying for a certificate of Christian Theology With the Institute of Biblical Defense. In doing so I have been able to think for myself and question the meaning of the scriptures for some time now. However, learning is not that which we learn from the head but what we learn from the heart. Have you come to know that friend? I think not since you still come to believe that Jesus was merely a man, a learned teacher and nothing more. Come to see Him as the Son of God friend and your life will be fulfilled. I think it unfair for you to judge whether or not I know God. He knows. When you come to know the truth, the truth will set you free.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

At least in the first part of John 1 I see no difference. For example:

In the beginning there was The Miltha {The Word}, and He, The Miltha {The Word}, was with Alaha {God}. And Alaha {God} Himself was The Miltha {The Word}. This One was existing in the beginning with Alaha {God}. All came to be by His Hand {i.e. by His Power}, and without Him, not even one thing came to be, which has come to be. (John 1:1-3)

And The Miltha {The Word} became flesh {i.e. a Human Being} and pitched His tent {lit. tabernacled/sheltered} among us, and we saw His Glory, Glory as of The Only-Begotten {lit. The One} who is from Aba {The Father}, who is full of Taybutha {Grace} and Qushtha {Truth}.
(John 1:14)​

keypurr

At least in the first part of John 1 I see no difference. For example:

In the beginning there was The Miltha {The Word}, and He, The Miltha {The Word}, was with Alaha {God}. And Alaha {God} Himself was The Miltha {The Word}. This One was existing in the beginning with Alaha {God}. All came to be by His Hand {i.e. by His Power}, and without Him, not even one thing came to be, which has come to be. (John 1:1-3)

And The Miltha {The Word} became flesh {i.e. a Human Being} and pitched His tent {lit. tabernacled/sheltered} among us, and we saw His Glory, Glory as of The Only-Begotten {lit. The One} who is from Aba {The Father}, who is full of Taybutha {Grace} and Qushtha {Truth}.
(John 1:14)​

Notes from the book:

Miltha refers to the "Manifestation" of the Rauch haKodesh within Mashiyach.The physical body of Mashiyach is not the Word of YHWH, but his words and actions demonstrate the Will and Word of YHWH, which upholds observance of Torah.

keypurr

Christ was not the Son of God until he became the Son of Man by being born of woman. At his resurrection the Son of God became God the Son.

I disagree, God did not use a man to create the Universe.

Only the son of man came down from heaven, that would be the spirit son, not Jesus.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Christ was not the Son of God until he became the Son of Man by being born of woman.

Wrong Jaimie.

Daniel 3:25
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

At his resurrection the Son of God became God the Son.

No, that's when God made him Lord and Christ.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Only the son of man came down from heaven, that would be the spirit son, not Jesus.

There was no Son of Man until Jesus was born of woman. The Son of Man was the Son of God and at his resurrection became God the Son.

And Alaha {God} Himself was The Miltha {The Word}. This One was existing in the beginning with Alaha {God}.

All came to be by His Hand {i.e. by His Power}, and without Him, not even one thing came to be, which has come to be.​

The Miltha existed in the beginning with Alaha and the Miltha created everything that came to be according to the Aramaic translation.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wrong Jamie.

Daniel 3:25
He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

...and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

The word "like" means to resemble and is descriptive. Like is not used as a verb in this passage. The verb would have been is.