the church

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
See Post #44.

Too bad you don't know this, you who are being taught by the "true church."
I try to read through your awful posts; I really do. But they nauseate me because you're just so silly. You're like a child, fingers in ears, throwing a tantrum. Here's the first utterly silly thing that I noticed in post 44, because you were so silly as to underline it for me.
They forbid marriage
What a silly, stupid, ignorant thing to say. You "should" be ashamed of yourself, except that when someone goes on and throws a tantrum, they've automatically removed themselves from reasonable discussion, so instead, we are left with only the option of heaping on ridicule in the hopes that something gets through that silly head of yours.

You're a silly person, and there's no way for me to make you change. I just hope that you can see fit to love yourself enough to humble yourself. The Holy See makes it so easy. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is online in its entirety, along with the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and both books are readily available in print for little more than the cost of printing and distribution. Furthermore, there are Holy Catholic parishes almost everywhere, I'm sure there are plenty near wherever you live.

God's Truth

I try to read through your awful posts; I really do. But they nauseate me because you're just so silly. You're like a child, fingers in ears, throwing a tantrum. Here's the first utterly silly thing that I noticed in post 44, because you were so silly as to underline it for me.
What a silly, stupid, ignorant thing to say. You "should" be ashamed of yourself, except that when someone goes on and throws a tantrum, they've automatically removed themselves from reasonable discussion, so instead, we are left with only the option of heaping on ridicule in the hopes that something gets through that silly head of yours.

You're a silly person, and there's no way for me to make you change. I just hope that you can see fit to love yourself enough to humble yourself. The Holy See makes it so easy. The Catechism of the Catholic Church is online in its entirety, along with the Compendium of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and both books are readily available in print for little more than the cost of printing and distribution. Furthermore, there are Holy Catholic parishes almost everywhere, I'm sure there are plenty near wherever you live.

The Catholic denomination does forbid marriage, to those that want to be called 'priest'.

HOWEVER, in Christ, ALL true worshipers are called 'priest'.

The Catholics do NOT obey God.

In this life, if you do not obey God, you will not be saved in this life.

The Catholics go against God in many ways. Would you like to discuss the many ways?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The Catholic denomination does forbid marriage, to those that want to be called 'priest'.
So it's not unqualified then? Hmm. Well that's quite different from what that other knucklehead said now, isn't it?
HOWEVER, in Christ, ALL true worshipers are called 'priest'.
'Holy See says as much.
The Catholics do NOT obey God.
I don't know what you mean.
In this life, if you do not obey God, you will not be saved in this life.
The Catholics go against God in many ways. Would you like to discuss the many ways?
No, of course not. I'm already aware of all your disagreements. You're your own pope, and a silly one at that. I'll pass.

HisServant

-18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter
-19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven
-peter got the keys
-and
-the power to bind and loose
-that means he was in charge
-someone must be in charge
-that should be clear

You seem to like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

All the important things about what we need to know are contained in all 4 gospels, things not repeated are just background noise.

It must be disturbing to realize everything you hold dear and use to justify the core of your faith is something that wasn't important to the Holy Spirit.

You seem to like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

All the important things about what we need to know are contained in all 4 gospels, things not repeated are just background noise.

It must be disturbing to realize everything you hold dear and use to justify the core of your faith is something that wasn't important to the Holy Spirit.

who are YOU to say what is important and what is not? Christ established a CHURCH to lead us. He knew we would need one, knew how confused we would all become w/o one. Look at all the confusion there's been since Luther broke w/ the Church!

60,000 different "churches"

if that is not confusion, what is? They all disagree with one another. And there is a new "church" starting every week. Yet Jesus used the word Church, not Church-ES--"I will build MY CHURCH..." He said (Mt 16:18) He didnt say I will build my ChurchES

God's Truth

So it's not unqualified then? Hmm. Well that's quite different from what that other knucklehead said now, isn't it?
'Holy See says as much.
No, of course not. I'm already aware of all your disagreements. You're your own pope, and a silly one at that. I'll pass.

You do not know what I mean, you say, maybe I can help you understand better.

Tell me, how do Catholics obey this:

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Catholics call their brothers 'father', and their 'fathers' call each other 'father'.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.

Now, tell me how Catholics obey this when it comes to infants:

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Catholics baptize infants who cannot repent and believe.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I got baptized when I could repent and believe.

Your turn.

Tell me how do Catholics obey this:

Acts 10:25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

Acts 10:26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Catholics bow to their pope.

I do not bow to any other Christian.

Your turn.

How do Catholics obey this:

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Catholics pray to Mary and their other "saints".

I pray only to Jesus.

Your turn.

Leviticus 26:1 "'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

Catholics bow to their statues.

I do not bow to any statue.

Your turn.

Cruciform

The Catholics do NOT obey God... The Catholics go against God in many ways.
Coming from someone who publicly denies and rejects the central and defining Christian doctrines of the Trinity and Incarnation---and therefore someone who cannot be considered a "Christian" at all---your comments mean exactly nothing.

Would you like to discuss the many ways?
First demonstrate that the particular man-made non-Christian sect from which you have derived your interpretations and opinions is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and then your comments may actually carry any doctrinal authority whatsoever. Until, then, don't waste your, and everyone else's, time.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Matthew 23:9 And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

this post of yours proves the point that we need a Church to interpret Scripture. If you could interpret Scripture infallibly you would realize that this psg means to think of no human being as being more capable of discerning what is God's will for you than God Himself. In other words, do not let a human replace God. You protestants violate this all the time when you follow human pastors over the Word. You would disobey the Word of God if a Ctholic righty interpreted said Word, just to defy a Catholic, even if you suspected him/her of being right. .. appears you hate Cathoicism more than you love God

Proof of how egregiously WRONG some of your pastors are: some of them endorse the un-Christian, bullying, protester-abusing, LIAR (etc) Donlad T for president!!! Unbelievable

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Matthew 23:9
Spoiler
And do not call anyone on earth 'father,' for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.

Matthew 23:8 "But you are not to be called 'Rabbi,' for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

Catholics call their brothers 'father', and their 'fathers' call each other 'father'.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I do not call my brothers in Christ 'father'.

Your turn.
Our Lord told His Apostles this. So we know that none of the Apostles called Peter "Holy Father," like we do now respectfully when addressing the pope, and the Apostles didn't call one another "Father," because each of them were chosen by our Lord Jesus Christ.

But they all would go on to spiritually sire or father many new members of the Body, and I am sure that they were addressed by non-Apostles, not as "Apostle," but, "Father." I know this because Paul writes about it, one, and two, that's what we do now with our clergy, who are the successors of the Apostles.
Now, tell me how Catholics obey this when it comes to infants:

Mark 1:15
"The time has come," he said. "The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!"

Catholics baptize infants who cannot repent and believe.

I will tell you how I obey Jesus: I got baptized when I could repent and believe.

Your turn.
Did you really mean to use this verse? It's clearly what our Lord told His contemporaries, and not you or me. It does rise to the level of justifying voluntary separation from His Church's sacraments and obedience, though.
Tell me how do Catholics obey this:

Acts 10:25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence.

Acts 10:26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."

Catholics bow to their pope.

I do not bow to any other Christian.

Your turn.
Culture of pagans. We don't have that now. The Church has absolutely wiped most of the earth of every paganism, so bowing today doesn't mean what it meant then. It's analogous to when words' meanings change over long periods of time. Inadvertent equivocation.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

Catholics pray to Mary and their other "saints".

I pray only to Jesus.

Your turn.
If you would resume praying to her, then in honoring her with prayer, prayer in which you ask her, to pray for you, you are getting more bang for your buck. The Church as a Body is in view when we ask Mary to pray for us sinners. Mary knows us better than we know ourselves and when we ask her to pray for us sinners, we're not asking her to pray the Rosary, but for her to pray to her son as only a biological mother can speak with her firstborn son, on our behalf, in whatever way that she sees fit. Nobody knows Him better than her, among creatures.

Leviticus 26:1 "'You must not make for yourselves idols, so you must not set up for yourselves a carved image or a pillar, and you must not place a sculpted stone in your land to bow down before it, for I am the LORD your God.

Catholics bow to their statues.

I do not bow to any statue.

Your turn.
Supra, paganism's gone. It's been crushed. Everything you see Catholics and Orthodox doing is impossible to do without glorifying our Lord and Maker.

You are censored. Seriously, this is one of the silliest things I've ever seen, and I see it regularly from you. This is one anecdote which is part of the set of posts like this; all of which together; proof positive that when given the choice of giving your interlocutor any sort of credit at all, and making an intentionally bating disrespectful comment, you opt for the latter, frequently. You're so, silly. I don't know nor care whether you're a male or female or young or old. If this is an act or a role of yours, this is my overall judgment of it.

It is really, silly. I mean that lovingly. I believe that we are both members of the Body of Christ, however imperfectly united together we may be, so I'm offering this as a sibling who loves you. You act very very silly. So, if you were waiting for someone to come out and tell you, there it is. And if you weren't, I'm doing this because at this point it has become impossible to believe that you're only occasionally silly. It's continual. Whatever is you next strategic move in your private game, make it.

God's Truth

this post of yours proves the point that we need a Church to interpret Scripture.

We need no such thing.

God’s word is understandable even to a young child. How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
See 2 Corinthians 1:13,14. God revealed the truth to little children, and God hid the truth from the wise and learned.

Luke 10:21 At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

If you could interpret Scripture infallibly you would realize that this psg means to think of no human being as being more capable of discerning what is God's will for you than God Himself.
I am telling YOU how YOU can know for YOURSELF.

In other words, do not let a human replace God. You protestants violate this all the time when you follow human pastors over the Word. You would disobey the Word of God if a Ctholic righty interpreted said Word, just to defy a Catholic, even if you suspected him/her of being right. .. appears you hate Cathoicism more than you love God

Proof of how egregiously WRONG some of your pastors are: some of them endorse the un-Christian, bullying, protester-abusing, LIAR (etc) Donlad T for president!!! Unbelievable

I belong to no denomination. I am not a protestant.

Stop merely insulting.

KingdomRose

Now what?

You cited Ephesians 2:20 to show that the apostles were the foundation of the Church, and I said, "Read the whole verse," not just half of it. The rest of the verse shows that Jesus is the MAIN STONE, so to speak---the corner stone, which holds together the whole foundation.

"You are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ himself as the chief corner stone." (New Catholic Edition)

I think this shows who the "rock" is that Christ's church is built on.

God's Truth

Our Lord told His Apostles this.
He told his disciples.
So we know that none of the Apostles called Peter "Holy Father," like we do now respectfully when addressing the pope, and the Apostles didn't call one another "Father," because each of them were chosen by our Lord Jesus Christ.

But they all would go on to spiritually sire or father many new members of the Body, and I am sure that they were addressed by non-Apostles, not as "Apostle," but, "Father."

No such thing.

I know this because Paul writes about it, one, and two, that's what we do now with our clergy, who are the successors of the Apostles.
Did you really mean to use this verse? It's clearly what our Lord told His contemporaries, and not you or me. It does rise to the level of justifying voluntary separation from His Church's sacraments and obedience, though.
Culture of pagans. We don't have that now. The Church has absolutely wiped most of the earth of every paganism, so bowing today doesn't mean what it meant then.
Catholics bow to the statues.

It's analogous to when words' meanings change over long periods of time. Inadvertent equivocation.

God's word does not change.

If you would resume praying to her, then in honoring her with prayer, prayer in which you ask her, to pray for you, you are getting more bang for your buck.

Why would I ask Mary to pray for me? And, be truthful, for you know Catholics pray to Mary and and in that prayer to her, we ask her to go to Jesus for us.

The Church as a Body is in view when we ask Mary to pray for us sinners. Mary knows us better than we know ourselves and when we ask her to pray for us sinners, we're not asking her to pray the Rosary, but for her to pray to her son as only a biological mother can speak with her firstborn son, on our behalf, in whatever way that she sees fit. Nobody knows Him better than her, among creatures.

How do you ever get that Mary knows everyone's heart?

That is what the Bible says about JESUS.

Supra, paganism's gone. It's been crushed. Everything you see Catholics and Orthodox doing is impossible to do without glorifying our Lord and Maker.

It does not glorify God to do what He says not to do.
You are censored. Seriously, this is one of the silliest things I've ever seen, and I see it regularly from you. This is one anecdote which is part of the set of posts like this; all of which together; proof positive that when given the choice of giving your interlocutor any sort of credit at all, and making an intentionally bating disrespectful comment, you opt for the latter, frequently. You're so, silly. I don't know nor care whether you're a male or female or young or old. If this is an act or a role of yours, this is my overall judgment of it.

It is really, silly. I mean that lovingly. I believe that we are both members of the Body of Christ, however imperfectly united together we may be, so I'm offering this as a sibling who loves you. You act very very silly. So, if you were waiting for someone to come out and tell you, there it is. And if you weren't, I'm doing this because at this point it has become impossible to believe that you're only occasionally silly. It's continual. Whatever is you next strategic move in your private game, make it.

I am trying to help you to know God and Jesus.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
You cited Ephesians 2:20 to show that the apostles were the foundation of the Church, and I said, "Read the whole verse," not just half of it. The rest of the verse shows that Jesus is the MAIN STONE, so to speak---the corner stone, which holds together the whole foundation.
So?
"You are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Jesus Christ himself as the chief corner stone." (New Catholic Edition)

I think this shows who the "rock" is that Christ's church is built on.
So?

Opinions are like garbage cans. Everybody's got at least one, and they all stink.

KingdomRose

I am not throwing a tantrum. I'm very calm. I'm just pointing out to you what I see as the obvious truth. Instead of accusing me of being "awful" and "throwing a tantrum," why don't you tell me why I'm wrong? Do you DENY that the Church forbids priests to marry? Then tell me what has changed, and when it was changed. I'd like to know, so I can correct my thinking.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
He told his disciples.

No such thing.

Catholics bow to the statues.

God's word does not change.

Why would I ask Mary to pray for me? And, be truthful, for you know Catholics pray to Mary and and in that prayer to her, we ask her to go to Jesus for us.

How do you ever get that Mary knows everyone's heart?

That is what the Bible says about JESUS.

It does not glorify God to do what He says not to do.

I am trying to help you to know God and Jesus.
Pinhead.

KingdomRose

If you'll look back at my post #44 you'll see that I DID specifically say that the PRIESTS are forbidden to marry. I guess you didn't bother to read my whole post.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I am not throwing a tantrum. I'm very calm. I'm just pointing out to you what I see as the obvious truth. Instead of accusing me of being "awful" and "throwing a tantrum," why don't you tell me why I'm wrong? Do you DENY that the Church forbids priests to marry? Then tell me what has changed, and when it was changed. I'd like to know, so I can correct my thinking.
You said that the Church forbids marriage, without qualification. You should admit that you were wrong before anything else occurs here, don't you think?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
If you'll look back at my post #44 you'll see that I DID specifically say that the PRIESTS are forbidden to marry. I guess you didn't bother to read my whole post.
Oh. I must have been confused since you tied this in with the scripture that condemns those who forbid marriage. In an unqualified manner.

KingdomRose

Coming from someone who publicly denies and rejects the central and defining Christian doctrines of the Trinity and Incarnation---and therefore someone who cannot be considered a "Christian" at all---your comments mean exactly nothing.

First demonstrate that the particular man-made non-Christian sect from which you have derived your interpretations and opinions is in fact that one historic Church founded by Jesus Christ himself, and then your comments may actually carry any doctrinal authority whatsoever. Until, then, don't waste your, and everyone else's, time.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Typical reply from someone who can't refute what was said. Why don't you address each point brought out? Why does it matter what denomination a person is affiliated with? Aren't we here to discuss THE BIBLE? So respond to the scriptural ideas that are presented and explain why the RCC doesn't adhere to those principles.