the church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Especially love your choir boys!

-that is a pathetic cheap shot ktoyou
-and
-that apparently is not beneath you
-nonetheless
-thank you for another opportunity to point out that the church no longer knowingly ordains homosexuals

God's Truth

According to the New Testament, God reveals his truth in and through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6), not through the mere fallible opinions of the myriad non-Catholic sects of men.

Jesus' church is his body. How else do you think the GATES will not prevail. Was the Catholic church in Hell? No. Jesus' body was in Hell.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Jesus' church is his body. How else do you think the GATES will not prevail. Was the Catholic church in Hell? No. Jesus' body was in Hell.
People have the deepest and most significant reasons for rejecting the plain scriptural story. Our Magisterium succeeds our Lord's handpicked Apostles, and they know this, even if every parish priest does not, and even if every bishop commits the gravest moral offenses. Even if the current pope is the most immoral man you can imagine, it is guaranteed that he is being so in full knowledge of just exactly Who our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ actually is.

Guaranteed.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
-and
-nonetheless
-thank you for another opportunity to point out that the church no longer knowingly ordains homosexuals
Cheap shot? Not as pathetic as the church practice of moving child abusers around to hide their transgressions. They never did claim they 'knowingly' ordained pedophiles, as sure, they do not 'knowingly' do it today. Same old hidden church practices of settling case outside the law, Same old same old. Celibacy attracts pedophiles.

God's Truth

People have the deepest and most significant reasons for rejecting the plain scriptural story. Our Magisterium succeeds our Lord's handpicked Apostles, and they know this, even if every parish priest does not, and even if every bishop commits the gravest moral offenses. Even if the current pope is the most immoral man you can imagine, it is guaranteed that he is being so in full knowledge of just exactly Who our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ actually is.

Guaranteed.

The Catholic church is apostate from the gospel. It does not matter so much if a Catholic bishop, or priest commits personal sins.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
And yet, it remains a fact that your statement in Post #236 above engages in an Ad Hominem Fallacy, and so is demonstrably false.

GENEVA -- The Vatican revealed Tuesday that over the past decade, it has defrocked 848 priests who raped or molested children and sanctioned another 2,572 with lesser penalties, providing the first ever breakdown of how it handled the more than 3,400 cases of abuse reported to the Holy See since 2004.

The Vatican's U.N. ambassador in Geneva, Archbishop Silvano Tomasi, released the figures during a second day of grilling by a U.N. committee monitoring implementation of the U.N. treaty against torture.

Tomasi insisted that the Holy See was only obliged to abide by the torture treaty inside the tiny Vatican City State, which has a population of only a few hundred people.

But significantly, he didn't dispute the committee's contention that sexual violence against children can be considered torture. Legal experts have said that classifying sexual abuse as torture could expose the Catholic Church to a new wave of lawsuits since torture cases in much of the world don't carry statutes of limitations.

Tomasi also provided statistics about how the Holy See has adjudicated sex abuse cases for the past decade. The Vatican in 2001 required bishops and religious superiors to forward all credible cases of abuse to Rome for review after determining that they were shuffling pedophile priests from diocese to diocese rather than subjecting them to church trials. Only in 2010 did the Vatican explicitly tell bishops and superiors to also report credible cases to police where local reporting laws require them to.

The Vatican statistics are notable in that they show how the peaks in numbers over the years - both of cases reported and sanctions meted out - roughly parallels the years in which abuse scandals were in the news. And they showed that far from diminishing in recent years, the number of cases reported annually to the Vatican has remained a fairly constant 400 or so since 2010, the last year the scandal erupted in public around the globe. These cases, however, concern mostly abuse that occurred decades ago.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/vatican-reveals-how-many-priests-defrocked-for-sex-abuse-since-2004/

You should learn what "Ad Hominem" means; I am not attacking you, only the Catholic church

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Cheap shot? Not as pathetic as the church practice of moving child abusers around to hide their transgressions. They never did claim they 'knowingly' ordained pedophiles, as sure, they do not 'knowingly' do it today. Same old hidden church practices of settling case outside the law, Same old same old. Celibacy attracts pedophiles.

the church will survive this as well as all the other catholic haters like yourself

KingdomRose

You have a doctrine of death and have to deny and twist many of the scriptures to defend your false beliefs.

Oh? How do you answer Satan's lie? You just side-stepped that whole point. All you can do is denunciate me. You don't say WHY you think what I say is "a doctrine of death." Why say such a thing? Why do you believe what Satan said? (Gen.3:4)

God's Truth

Oh? How do you answer Satan's lie? You just side-stepped that whole point. All you can do is denunciate me. You don't say WHY you think what I say is "a doctrine of death." Why say such a thing? Why do you believe what Satan said? (Gen.3:4)

You are speaking falseness about me, so how much more about the written Word of God?

I told you the WHY. We all die physically. How do you ever get this is not a dying and a death?

God's Truth

Yes...himself. He has no partnership with demonistic practices like wars and fornication and lies. His true church is as pure as a man-lead organization can be. Jesus makes sure his church is clean and loving.

You are not giving a good argument to him, for even a preacher of the Truth can sin and himself be disqualified.

Do you not recognize the truth that I am speaking? Tell me, why did Paul beat his body to make it a slave to him?

OSAS is a false doctrine, for once we are saved and given the truth, then we must watch our own lives so that we do not get disqualified.

Picking out sins from Catholic priests does not prove the whole denomination does not know the truth. How do we know the whole Catholic denomination does not know the truth? We know because their teachings go against what is written that is how we know.

KingdomRose

According to the New Testament, God reveals his truth in and through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6), not through the mere fallible opinions of the myriad non-Catholic sects of men.

Nowhere is it suggested that the Catholic Church is Christ's church. The FRUITS of the RCC expose it as a pack of wolves. After the Apostles died, it bulged and burst into a great apostate cancer that spread throughout the earth.

St. Paul said: "I know that after my departure [death] savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them." (Acts 20:29,30, NASB)

St. Peter said: "False prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves. Many will follow their sensuality, and because of them the way of the truth will be maligned; and in their greed they will exploit you with false words; their judgment from long ago is not idle, and their destruction is not asleep....They count it a pleasure to revel in the daytime. They are stains and blemishes, reveling in their deceptions, as they carouse with you, having eyes full of adultery that never cease from sin, enticing unstable souls, having a heart trained in greed, accursed, forsaking the right way, they have gone astray...." (2Peter 2:1-3, 13-15, NASB)

This description matches nicely the reality of what is going on with the RCC today. Open your eyes and see what has been going on. (The new book out by Gerald Posner called God's Bankers is very revealing.)

KingdomRose

-and
-nonetheless

LOL! Just because they were exposed! Do you think that if no one had ever come forward about the molestation of children that the church would've ever done something about it? Ha! And anyway, I'm not convinced that the church "no longer ordains homosexuals." If the truth were known, I'll bet that's not true. Catholic clergy in Rome has a high old time in gay bars and other places of trysts. It's well known! How come you don't know about it? Oh, I know.....your head is in the sand!

KingdomRose

Guaranteed.

BULL S***.

KingdomRose

You are speaking falseness about me, so how much more about the written Word of God?

I told you the WHY. We all die physically. How do you ever get this is not a dying and a death?

You ignore the truth that dead people do not go on living---in ANY form. Dead means dead. You advocate another part of us that doesn't really die but goes on living. That is Satan's lie.

"The dead know nothing." (Ecclesiastes 9:5)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
the church will survive this as well as all the other catholic haters like yourself

I am not a Catholic hater, I dislike the way the Catholic demonizes sex. The stricture of celibacy is appealing to some men with abnormal sexual tendencies who view the priesthood as a means of keeping their desires under control. The Church should not condone this now that they know better. Celibacy should always be voluntary.