the church

KingdomRose

No. As I already explained in an earlier post, it's a rationalist explanation for something that had always been held as a mystery.

I thought God wants us all to "reason" together. Use our brains to understand something. I think he wants us to be rational and explain things about His personality and character and the truths about His Son.

(Isaiah 1:18, The Orthodox Study Bible)

God's Truth

I recognize them all. And you do not represent the true understanding of those verses. Jesus quoted from the O.T. throughout his sojourn here on Earth. The O.T. was applicable in his own day as far as he was concerned. Why should we relegate the O.T. to the dust bin? It is as alive today as it was in Jesus' own mouth.

You represent the lie that Satan told to Eve (Genesis 3:4), and therefore you are of your father---the one who told that lie and was called "the father of the lie" by Jesus. (John 8:44) Satan said "you will NOT die." That is what you teach by saying that we have a spirit person inside us that leaves our body when we die. A LIE.

You have a doctrine of death and have to deny and twist many of the scriptures to defend your false beliefs.

God's Truth

You will not find God's Truth in a denomination. The Truth is not in the Catholic denomination, and not in the Jehovah Witness denomination.

Where is God's Truth? God's Truth is can be found in His written Word, the Holy Bible.

Do we find God's Truth by merely reading what is written?

No. We find God's Truth by finding Jesus' teaching and doing what the Way says.

What does the Way say?

The Way says humble yourself, or you will never enter.

Start there.

HisServant

how are you going to find the truth
-if
-you can't find the church Jesus built on a rock?

And you expect me to believe that God went back on his promises and housed his church in Rome?

God MUST be consistent and fulfill his promises.... under no scenario can Rome be Christ's church except via self-delusion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the church teaches
-redemption so you might be saved
-repentance
-grace
-perseverance
-forgiving
-love of neighbor

God's Truth

how are you going to find the truth
-if
-you can't find the church Jesus built on a rock?

The is how you find God's Truth, you get the Holy Bible, and you search for Jesus' teachings, then you obey Jesus' teachings. Jesus will reveal himself to you.

Last edited:

Cruciform

The is how you found God's Truth, you get the Holy Bible, and you search for Jesus' teachings, then you obey Jesus' teachings. Jesus will reveal himself to you.
According to the New Testament, God reveals his truth in and through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6), not through the mere fallible opinions of the myriad non-Catholic sects of men.

john w

Hall of Fame
According to the New Testament, God reveals his truth in and through the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6), not through the mere fallible opinions of the myriad non-Catholic sects of men.

"sects of men."

Vs "sects of God?" Wicked Roman shill/stooge, engaging in sophistry, and grade school "arguments."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
the church teaches
-redemption so you might be saved
-repentance
-grace
-perseverance
-forgiving
-love of neighbor

Cool story.

Remind me again how any of that's relevant to it's otherwise myriad of historical heresy, greed, and tyranny :think:

Cruciform

Nope... all I see in that link are musings of pedophiles and murderers.
Really? Because many of the sources cited in the article are actually from Protestant (non-Catholic) biblical scholars, theologians, and pastors, and not from Catholics.

In any case, your complete inability to actually refute a single point from the cited article is noted. :up:

In others words... writings of people that will not inherit the kingdom and are in desparate need of salvation.
Your desperate avoidance of relevant biblical material is also noted. Here you've merely taken your very favorite position:

head-in-sand-lawyer-businessman-man-in-suit.jpg