The odds of another Earth-like planet

musterion

In short...not good.

A short but tedious read. Money quote from the blithering heathen author:

Still, the model is based on what we currently understand about the universe, and if there’s one thing we have figured out so far, it’s that we still don’t know very much.

EXCEPT THAT WE KNOW THERE IS NO GOD.

Jose Fly

I love how you fundamentalists have basically conceded science to non-Christians. All part of the bigger process. :up:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It confirms what I've been saying for years, WE ARE IT. There is nothing out there, which proves God is real. I'm no scientist, I've just been saying there are no UFOs or aliens and there's nothing else out there, just a hunch on my part.

gcthomas

The Discovery article has an odd headline since the authors calculate in their paper "an estimate of ∼ 2 × 1018 habitable planets around FGK stars in the observable Universe."

That's 2 000 000 000 000 000 000 habitable Earth-like planets, or 2 quintillion of them. That's quite good odds, given the inaccurate headline. :)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He could have made another earth like planet. It could have other intelligent life. It does not change that the fall of man happened, and all of the creation fell with it.

Romans 8

20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21 because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now

Hawkins

What do you mean by another earth?

Does it have a moon to stabilize the geographical poles such that ice can accumulate on both poles to stabilize the whether?
Similarly, does it have an under ocean circulation system to exchange hot and cold water to stabilize the whether?
Does it have the 2 electromagnetic poles with the same strength as our earth to protect the earth from gamma rays and etc?
Similarly, does it have an ozone layer in the protection of the earth?
Does it maintain the distance between sun and earth to make the same range of surface temperature as our earth?

Organisms depend on a lot to survive on our earth, besides a superficial ocean of water as assumed by the stupid scientists.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The Discovery article has an odd headline since the authors calculate in their paper "an estimate of ∼ 2 × 1018 habitable planets around FGK stars in the observable Universe."

That's 2 000 000 000 000 000 000 habitable Earth-like planets, or 2 quintillion of them. That's quite good odds, given the inaccurate headline. :)

habitable =/= inhabited