Lent is ungodly and sinful

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The current Pope (and he is just one in a line of Pope's) has stated "In particular, in that Decree the Catholic Church acknowledges that the Orthodox Churches “possess true sacraments, above all – by apostolic succession – the priesthood and the Eucharist, whereby they are still joined to us in closest intimacy” (15). The Decree goes on to state that in order to guard faithfully the fullness of the Christian tradition and to bring to fulfilment the reconciliation of Eastern and Western Christians, it is of the greatest importance to preserve and support the rich patrimony of the Eastern Churches. This regards not only their liturgical and spiritual traditions, but also their canonical disciplines, sanctioned as they are by the Fathers and by Councils, which regulate the lives of these Churches."
I agree completely.
I know the Catholic Church tries often to reunite with the Orthodox Church, but very few Orthodox are interested. It would be fine with me though.
I definitely could be wrong, but given the meeting between the patriarch of the Russian Orthodox Church and the pope recently, the Catholic Church, I wonder whether, soon will invite Orthodox Christians to communion, no strings attached.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I know the Catholic Church tries often to reunite with the Orthodox Church, but very few Orthodox are interested. It would be fine with me though.[/SIZE]
nice to hear that -
but -
your support from afar is actually more valuable -

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I respectfully disagree with your interpretation. That isn't how I read the Catechism. I read there that there is a very real and great divide between objective immorality, and sin. I read that in order for the eternal guilt of a moral offense, grave or otherwise, to impute to the moral offender, the offender must be acting in complete and total, unequivocal freedom and liberty when so offending. It is only during such a circumstance that a moral offense's guilt is imputed to the offender, and only then is that same moral offense sin.

The Church does teach to confess grave moral offenses regardless, however, which---and this is only my personal reading, understand---helps us when we are in particular spiritual trouble, which can manifest as our commission of grave moral errors.

No hard feelings. :)

it is not my interpretation -
what the church says goes -
and -
that includes lent rules -