Jesus the Christ, the new covenant, and the Christian

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The mark of a Christian is that he lives by faith. The mark of the Christian is the life he lives by faith. He is obedient to God being obedient to Jesus Christ, God’s Son.

Robert Pate

Banned
The mark of a Christian is that he lives by faith. The mark of the Christian is the life he lives by faith. He is obedient to God being obedient to Jesus Christ, God’s Son.

The Christians obedience is not a condition for fellowship with God or his Son Jesus Christ.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Christians obedience is not a condition for fellowship with God or his Son Jesus Christ.
True. But those who are not obedient have neither relationship nor fellowship. This from that all who are of faith are obedient to God. It has been said that a person (who is saved) can lose fellowship but never relationship.

Robert Pate

Banned
True. But those who are not obedient have neither relationship nor fellowship. This from that all who are of faith are obedient to God. It has been said that a person (who is saved) can lose fellowship but never relationship.

How can you lose something that is hid with Christ in God? Colossians 3:3.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ, Romans 8:35, not even our sins.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How can you lose something that is hid with Christ in God? Colossians 3:3.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ, Romans 8:35, not even our sins.
True.

Galatians 2:17 NASB - 17 "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be!

Romans 6:1-2 NASB - 1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

Robert Pate

Banned
True.

Galatians 2:17 NASB - 17 "But if, while seeking to be justified in Christ, we ourselves have also been found sinners, is Christ then a minister of sin? May it never be!

Romans 6:1-2 NASB - 1 What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?

To live by faith is to live by Spirit and not law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Galatians 3:12 NASB - 12 However, the Law is not of faith; on the contrary, "HE WHO PRACTICES THEM SHALL LIVE BY THEM."

Romans 3:28-31 NASB - 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is He not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one. 31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

Galatians 3:1-9 NASB - 1 You foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified? 2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 3 Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh? 4 Did you suffer so many things in vain--if indeed it was in vain? 5 So then, does He who provides you with the Spirit and works miracles among you, do it by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith? 6 Even so Abraham BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS. 7 Therefore, be sure that it is those who are of faith who are sons of Abraham. 8 The Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, "ALL THE NATIONS WILL BE BLESSED IN YOU." 9 So then those who are of faith are blessed with Abraham, the believer.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I'm wondering if maybe the scripture Acts 2:42 can help inform us maybe also what marks a Christian life, because Acts 2:42 seems to be what marked the Christians when we very first appeared in the world.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm wondering if maybe the scripture Acts 2:42 can help inform us maybe also what marks a Christian life, because Acts 2:42 seems to be what marked the Christians when we very first appeared in the world.
What you are saying is acceptable.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God because many false prophets have gone out into the world. (1 John 4:1 NKJV)​

How do we know if a spirit is of God?

It's simple, the leading of the Spirit is validated by God's instructions for us as recorded in the NT.

For example, scripture says that God has provided us with a perfect law, which you choose to reject.

Too bad.

keypurr

Jesus the Christ, the new covenant, and the Christian

To love him is to keep his commandments. That means obedience is expected. We are taught not to sin, repentance calls for obedience to his law in the spirit. The law is to be in our hearts and minds. Is he not returning for those who keep the commandments of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ? Faith requires action.

meshak

BANNED
Banned

If you live by Spirit, you will love Jesus and keep His commands.

Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commands.

You seem to running away from Jesus' word so hard.

Surrender, friend, and you will live.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
If you live by Spirit, you will love Jesus and keep His commands.

Jesus says if you love Me, keep My commands.

You seem to running away from Jesus' word so hard.

Surrender, friend, and you will live.

Let's talk about Jesus' commands meshak - here they are:

Matthew 22:37-40

RBBI

To remove both stones is to be a eunuch. Eunuchs were not allowed to minister as priests either. He would that they were ALL priests....there's a law for you.....another acceptable elephant in the room? Peace

achduke

Let's talk about Jesus' commands meshak - here they are:

Matthew 22:37-40

These two commandments are from the Old Testament. They are not new.

Deuteronomy 6:5 And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. 6And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart:

Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.