JOEL OSTEEN

OCTOBER23

I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THE ENCOURAGEMENT

FROM JOEL OSTEEN BECAUSE WE ALL NEED ENCOURAGEMENT IN THIS SOCIETY.

De 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

De 1:38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

De 3:28 But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.

2Sa 11:25 Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

Jos 1:6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

CherubRam

De 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

De 1:38 But Joshua the son of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall go in thither: encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherit it.

De 3:28 But charge Joshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for he shall go over before this people, and he shall cause them to inherit the land which thou shalt see.

2Sa 11:25 Then David said unto the messenger, Thus shalt thou say unto Joab, Let not this thing displease thee, for the sword devoureth one as well as another: make thy battle more strong against the city, and overthrow it: and encourage thou him.

Jos 1:6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

TV Evangelist preach smooth things for people with itching ears, for what they want to hear. They are popular because they avoid the more difficult things. It is more about being popular than truthful, it is about money and support.

john w

Hall of Fame
Does he speak truth?

claude-osteen.jpg

You're thinking of boxer Carl "The Truth" Williams.

KingdomRose

He knows how to quote Scripture. Who else is good at quoting Scripture? (Luke 4:1-12) Have you seen the living conditions he's accustomed to? Somehow they don't remind me of Jesus' living conditions.

Osteen has a ridiculously big white smile, and I think he would sell his mother up the river if it meant more money for him.

Jesus said: "This gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come." (Matt.24:14, NASB) He also said that preaching about the Kingdom was why he was sent forth. (Luke 4:43) Therefore, we can legitimately ask ourselves...."Does Osteen preach about the one thing that was the FOCUS of Jesus' ministry? What does he say about the Kingdom, if anything?" If he's not preaching about God's Kingdom---God's own GOVERNMENT---he is not a legitimate representative of Christ.

See Isaiah 9:6,7; Daniel 2:44.

brewmama

My husband listens to him a lot, and gets a lot of inspiration from him. He does have a very positive message, and I have never once heard him ask for any money. My biggest complaint is that it is hard to square what he says with the suffering and persecution other Christians face around the world.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
My husband listens to him a lot, and gets a lot of inspiration from him. He does have a very positive message, and I have never once heard him ask for any money. My biggest complaint is that it is hard to square what he says with the suffering and persecution other Christians face around the world.

In those nations which persecute the church? it is my view that it happens because the FULL gospel is not preached.....they preach spirituality to the neglect of ordinary every day human needs

what the Commies rightly call "pie in the sky" religion.

There is an underlying reason why Christians do not preach and LIVE the full gospel....take this on the chin now....

They do not want God in their normal everyday affairs [which actually God is VERY interested in] they want Him partitioned off to Sundays and a few holy hours a week...that is His slot

brewmama

In those nations which persecute the church? it is my view that it happens because the FULL gospel is not preached.....they preach spirituality to the neglect of ordinary every day human needs

what the Commies rightly call "pie in the sky" religion.

There is an underlying reason why Christians do not preach and LIVE the full gospel....take this on the chin now....

They do not want God in their normal everyday affairs [which actually God is VERY interested in] they want Him partitioned off to Sundays and a few holy hours a week...that is His slot

Are you seriously saying that Christians around the world dying and suffering for their faith are not "preaching and living the full gospel?"

Unbelievable.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Are you seriously saying that Christians around the world dying and suffering for their faith are not "preaching and living the full gospel?"

Unbelievable.

Not quite...but it was [imhv] the cause in Russia for the emergence of communism which had it's effect upon the Chinese communist leaders in their dealings with the church.

Look here, people need help and provision. I doesn't believe that man is made to be self sufficient, communities of people need looking after.

I say that ALL of man's needs are met in the gospel. His physical and temporal needs as well as his spiritual needs.

But if the church abdicate from this responsibility then the state will step in and use it as a means to control the people.

To preach Christ the answer to all our spiritual needs only is an abdication of responsibility. And I never blame the people but I address my remarks to the "leadership" of the church.