The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Nor this: is dealing with scriptures. Show 'how' it was 1) A Trinitarian slant instead of the VERY plain reading of scripture. Show how it is not. 2) SEE if the Apostle Paul did NOT say word for word, that 'we should not tempt Christ' as they did in Israel. I really don't believe you have a prayer of contention. How could it possibly be rendered otherwise? :idunno:
To me, it looks like YOU are doing the gymnastics. Why would you do that? Why would you NEED to do that? :think: Please engage and show. -Lon

Paul is telling them not to test Christ the way the father's tempted God.

Easy peasy, bud.

Lon

Paul is telling them not to test Christ the way the father's tempted God.

Easy peasy, bud.
:doh: YOU are better than this. READ it, 1Mind!

1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5

How well did you do in English class? Good enough, right? You KNOW what this is saying! :mmph: You KNOW!

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
:doh: YOU are better than this. READ it, 1Mind!

1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5

How well did you do in English class? Good enough, right? You KNOW what this is saying! :mmph: You KNOW!

I don't hold with the nkjv.

In the KJV there is no him after tempted.

Many years ago I bought an nkjv because they said all they changed was the thees and thous for easier reading.

I found out quickly, they LIED.

glorydaz

There is no difference in Christ and the spirit of GOD.

Christ was born in a manger. :chew:

Luke 2:10-17 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. 15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. 17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child.​

Lon

I don't hold with the nkjv.

You can look this up: 1Corinthians 10:9 μηδὲ ἐκπειράζωμεν τὸν Χριστόν, καθώς καὶ τινες αὐτῶν ἐπείρασαν καὶ ὑπὸ τῶν ὄφεων ἀπώλοντο.

αὐτῶν isn't 'necessary' if you understand they tested 'him' (Christ- Χριστόν). See the ending v on both? Means 'He.' I don't mind doubt, 1M1S. I do mind if we (you or I) stick to an idea that scripture doesn't support. Scripture supports this. It is this clear (thank you for addressing the text). -Lon

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
You can look this up: 1Corinthians 10:9 μηδὲ ἐκπειράζωμεν τὸν Χριστόν, καθώς καὶ τινες αὐτῶν ἐπείρασαν καὶ ὑπὸ τῶν ὄφεων ἀπώλοντο.

αὐτῶν isn't 'necessary' if you understand they tested 'him' (Christ- Χριστόν). See the ending v on both? Means 'He.' I don't mind doubt, 1M1S. I do mind if we (you or I) stick to an idea that scripture doesn't support. Scripture supports this. It is this clear (thank you for addressing the text). -Lon

You're gonna make me start laughing again.

Now you would have me believe the nkjv writers are better Greek scholars than the KJV writers.

And not able to follow context from verse 5 where it says God was not well pleased.

Quit it, man. :)

glorydaz

Well, what about this in the KJV?

1 Corinthians 10:3-5KJV 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.​

NWL

Doesn't Scripture say that He is equal with God the Father?

Philippians 2:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Actually the verse is demonstrating the opposite, the context demonstrates that Jesus, although existing in Gods form -that being a spirit form- did not think that he was equal to him. The "existing in Gods form" part of the text is in reference to bodily composition and is NOT talking about nature or Jesus being in the form of deity. This is clear by the context v7 and when looking at the greek word "morphe" (strongs 3444).

Also, doing a word study on the greek word harpagmos (strongs 725) also demonstrates Jesus did not already the equality mentioned in the verse.

Bee1

C-o-n-j-e-c-t-u-r-e Metzger is a smart man but he is not always a 'right' man. On this, he is taking a particular line of thought: That the bible was translated linearly. It was not, it was copied and circulated more like a web in all directions. Conjecture is, what it is, but it is NEVER gospel (truth unquestioned).

More Jewish than KJV (English). Even G-d is not written by them. In the front of your KJV, 'how' they translated Hebrew names into English, are 1) consistent and 2) given.
So man has change text written in the Bible. I believe there is a verse in Revelations about tampering with the Bible.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So man has change text written in the Bible. I believe there is a verse in Revelations about tampering with the Bible.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Revelation 22:18-19 New Living Translation (NLT)

18 And I solemnly declare to everyone who hears the words of prophecy written in this book: If anyone adds anything to what is written here, God will add to that person the plagues described in this book.

19 And if anyone removes any of the words from this book of prophecy, God will remove that person’s share in the tree of life and in the holy city that are described in this book.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Well, what about this in the KJV?

1 Corinthians 10:3-5KJV 3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ. 5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.​

That question rates right up there with, why did Moses strike that Rock twice? :think:

Lon

So man has change text written in the Bible.
You, nor I, nor Metzger knows that. It is a 'guess.' I do NOTHING off of a guess. It is entertaining rumors and gossip.

I believe there is a verse in Revelations about tampering with the Bible.
And about conjecture, guesses, and gossip as well. I think Metzger 'thinks' this, but he also doesn't believe scriptures are inerrant either.