The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

You wouldn't know what was Biblical, so stop pretending.

Every single time you open your mouth, you prove it. Shameful...you lack of knowledge.
Why are you making things up?

Is that how we defend the truth now? No that's right; it's with repeat attack on one's very character and motive usually.

You know grace means kindness right?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

glorydaz

How does any of that support that Jesus was corternal as man to GOD almighty which is Spirit?

Did Jesus himself not say that spirit are not flesh and bone? Is GOD almighty not spirit?

This is nuts; the entire bible including the words of Jesus himself show that he was not literally the utter fullness of GOD or coequal.

Can we please go over the verses that show they the Word of GOD is Jesus?

Bear with me.

No, I'm done bearing with you. You are a fleshly carnal man without spiritual understanding. You will never have spiritual understanding until you confess Jesus Christ as LORD. The Comforter will not come to you if you remain in unbelief.

You are my enemy....an enemy of my Lord and Saviour, and you will be treated as such from here on out.

You made a statement that the verse I gave from Isaiah was talking about the Spirit of God. I gave you proof that it was talking about the Lord Jesus Christ. Now you think you can wheedle your way out of responding or even addressing your error.

Put up or shut up. I'm done listening to your excuses.

Lon

I didn't see you laughing at what I said.
SOMETIMES you do not treat the scriptures or their presentation well :(

I read the scripture.
Then DO something with them:
1 Corinthians 15:27 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ.
Good. What is explicit and what is implicit?

What is CRYSTAL clear here?

See also 1 Corinthians 15:24 "God" or "Father?"
See 1 Corinthians 15:47; 1:2 2 Corinthians 12:8

Then this: 1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5
Realize then the Apostle Paul calls the Lord Jesus Christ "God." The Lord Jesus Christ is not the Father. The Father is God. The Son is God. There is only one God.

I'd expect every Arian and JW to accept these scripture truths without reservation.
...is no rejoinder.

I saw how you added to it to try and turn it into a proof text for your belief.
:nono:
Then this: 1Co 10:9 Nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted Him and were destroyed by serpents. Numbers 21:5
Realize then the Apostle Paul calls the Lord Jesus Christ "God."
▲show me▲ This:
Nor this:
Sorry but I'm not into running everything into your Trinitarian flip.

Paul did not say they tempted Christ.

That's quite the gymnastic imagination you've got going on there.
is dealing with scriptures. Show 'how' it was 1) A Trinitarian slant instead of the VERY plain reading of scripture. Show how it is not. 2) SEE if the Apostle Paul did NOT say word for word, that 'we should not tempt Christ' as they did in Israel. I really don't believe you have a prayer of contention. How could it possibly be rendered otherwise? :idunno:
To me, it looks like YOU are doing the gymnastics. Why would you do that? Why would you NEED to do that? :think: Please engage and show. -Lon
It would STILL have been better had you engaged the scriptures and wrestled as Jacob :(

glorydaz

You wouldn't know what was Biblical, so stop pretending.

Every single time you open your mouth, you prove it. Shameful...your lack of knowledge.

Why are you making things up?

I'm stating facts. You're a poser and your lack of knowledge is shameful.

Is that how we defend the truth now?

YEP

No that's right; it's with repeat attack on one's very character and motive usually.

I'll repeat it again. You're a Pretender. You pretend to be a Christian, but your words prove you are NOT. Your motive is your own problem....I don't need to speculate.

You know grace means kindness right?

I know what Grace means. Grace means our Lord Jesus Christ shed His precious blood....and you keep spitting on it.

Lon

John 20: 26. And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. 27. Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 28. And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 30. And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 31. But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

(The eighth day is a reference to ascension)

Being the Christ (the anointed of GOD) isn't being GOD.

Luke 24: 15. And it came to pass, that, while they communed together and reasoned, Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. 16. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. 18. And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass therein these days? 19. And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people: 46. And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: 47. And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48. And ye are witnesses of these things. 49. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high. 51. And it came to pass, while he blessed them, he was parted from them, and carried up into heaven. 52. And they worshipped him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy: 53. And were continually in the temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

John 1: 4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

(Wouldn't it say HE was life, and not in Him was life if it was the physical temple that is equal to the Spirit of GOD?)

John 1: 8. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 9. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. 14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

(The Word was made flesh. Would it not be translated as the Word Made Himself flesh here?
It DOES in other places. What are we going to do? Erase one thought FOR the other? Not me :nono: I'm going to believe both and THAT makes me necessarily: Trinitarian. Trinitarian IS the biblical position.

I cannot be 'with' me and 'me' at the same time. That is an impossibility but for God. I (and you) just have to believe exactly what scripture says. Not dismiss one scripture for another.

popsthebuilder

No, I'm done bearing with you. You are a fleshly carnal man without spiritual understanding. You will never have spiritual understanding until you confess Jesus Christ as LORD. The Comforter will not come to you if you remain in unbelief.

You are my enemy....an enemy of my Lord and Saviour, and you will be treated as such from here on out.

You made a statement that the verse I gave from Isaiah was talking about the Spirit of God. I gave you proof that it was talking about the Lord Jesus Christ. Now you think you can wheedle your way out of responding or even addressing your error.

Put up or shut up. I'm done listening to your excuses.
There is no difference in Christ and the spirit of GOD.

does that mean we can't go over the verses about the word being Christ or the man Jesus?

popsthebuilder

I'm stating facts. You're a poser and your lack of knowledge is shameful.

YEP

I'll repeat it again. You're a Pretender. You pretend to be a Christian, but your words prove you are NOT. Your motive is your own problem....I don't need to speculate.

I know what Grace means. Grace means our Lord Jesus Christ shed His precious blood....and you keep spitting on it.
How do I spit on it? Elaborate?

popsthebuilder

It DOES in other places. What are we going to do? Erase one thought FOR the other? Not me :nono: I'm going to believe both and THAT makes me necessarily: Trinitarian. Trinitarian IS the biblical position.

I cannot be 'with' me and 'me' at the same time. That is an impossibility but for God. I (and you) just have to believe exactly what scripture says. Not dismiss one scripture for another.
That is your conclusion? You can't be with you and you at the same time so trinity?

I can be wholly against me yet still me.

I can be with me or on my part and still be me.

I can percieve three distinct parts of me internally; but to me that doesn't mean I am not one or that if one of those things wasn't in me that I wouldn't be me.

We cannot limit the capacity of GOD to the capacity of creation.

Conversely; I cannot rightly say that GOD was incapable of dwelling fully within creation. But to me; that doesn't make said creation it's own Creator. I just can't wrap my head around it.

Reactions: Lon

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
To me the Son is not, no.

At very least; not while creation and temporal.

Doesn't Scripture say that He is equal with God the Father?

Philippians 2:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

popsthebuilder

Doesn't Scripture say that He is equal with God the Father?

Philippians 2:5-7 King James Version (KJV)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Philippians 2: 8. And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

(Who was He obidient to?)

Reactions: NWL

Lon

That is your conclusion? You can't be with you and you at the same time so trinity?

I can be wholly against me yet still me.
God cannot. 2 Timothy 2:13 (use scriptures or people will not know where to go to find your assertions).

]I can be with me or on my part and still be me.
No. Frankly, you can't.

I can percieve three distinct parts of me internally; but to me that doesn't mean I am not one or that if one of those things wasn't in me that I wouldn't be me.
Er, no, unless you have a multiple personality disorder and that is still one person trying to live with him/herself.
We cannot limit the capacity of GOD to the capacity of creation.
Exactly, thus for God John 1:1 and for you :nono:

Conversely; I cannot rightly say that GOD was incapable of dwelling fully within creation. But to me; that doesn't make said creation it's own Creator. I just can't wrap my head around it.
I appreciate someone who wrestles with God: Exodus 25:8 Acts 7:48

My thoughts: Yes God is with us. John 1:14 Isaiah 7:14

Bee1

God cannot. 2 Timothy 2:13 (use scriptures or people will not know where to go to find your assertions).

No. Frankly, you can't.

Er, no, unless you have a multiple personality disorder and that is still one person trying to live with him/herself.

Exactly, thus for God John 1:1 and for you :nono:

I appreciate someone who wrestles with God: Exodus 25:8 Acts 7:48

My thoughts: Yes God is with us. John 1:14 Isaiah 7:14
Trinity doctrine: Less than 300 years after the Bible was completed, a Trinitarian writer added to 1 John 5:7 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” That statement did not appear in the original text. “From the sixth century onwards,” notes Bible scholar Bruce Metzger, those words were “found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the [Latin] Vulgate.”

Divine name: Citing a Jewish superstition as their authority, many Bible translators decided to remove the divine name from the Scriptures. They replaced that name with titles such as “God” or “Lord,” expressions applied in the Bible not only to the Creator but also to men, objects of false worship, and even the Devil.—John 10:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6;2 Corinthians 4:4. *

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Lon

Trinity doctrine: Less than 300 years after the Bible was completed, a Trinitarian writer added to 1 John 5:7 the words “in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” That statement did not appear in the original text. “From the sixth century onwards,” notes Bible scholar Bruce Metzger, those words were “found more and more frequently in manuscripts of the Old Latin and of the [Latin] Vulgate.”
C-o-n-j-e-c-t-u-r-e Metzger is a smart man but he is not always a 'right' man. On this, he is taking a particular line of thought: That the bible was translated linearly. It was not, it was copied and circulated more like a web in all directions. Conjecture is, what it is, but it is NEVER gospel (truth unquestioned).

Divine name: Citing a Jewish superstition as their authority, many Bible translators decided to remove the divine name from the Scriptures. They replaced that name with titles such as “God” or “Lord,” expressions applied in the Bible not only to the Creator but also to men, objects of false worship, and even the Devil.—John 10:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 8:5, 6;2 Corinthians 4:4. *
More Jewish than KJV (English). Even G-d is not written by them. In the front of your KJV, 'how' they translated Hebrew names into English, are 1) consistent and 2) given.