The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Impossible, she had to have help.

Yeah. The complacency of Abraham.

From reading the story it looks like God always initiated the contact. Abram nor Abraham had a bat phone.

How convenient wouldn’t you say.

Yep, only natural.

Agreed.

Nope, the husband is the head of the wife.

Abram while Abram, not a good husband for a head.
Abraham as Abraham, not a good husband for a head either.

No wonder Sarai/Sarah got mad at him. Were it not for God's incredible protection, Abraham, not Abram, would have 'sold' out Sarah, not Sarai, to Abimelek. (Genesis 20:2)

This is an outright lie.
Really??? “So Abraham rose early in the morning and took bread and a skin of water and gave it to Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, along with the child, and sent her away” (Genesis 21:14). I do not believe Abraham ever saw Ishmael or Hagar again.

Yes, I know the Lord told him to send them away, but I do not see in the narrative the Lord saying, 'just bread and water.' Do you?

Yep, only natural.

Unacceptable since Sarai was the one who triggered.

I do the deed, you get accused.

Reminds me of Onesimus.

Onesimus had run away while a unbeliever, he heard the Gospel preached to him, and then he repented. Good example to follow.

Abraham also had the Gospel preached to him, Jesus said so.

I rather think it shows how all of us are even though we believe in God.

Agreed.

God's Truth

Now that you have taken the time to find some definitions master the concept. The concept of law is from defamation principles. Libel is written defamation. Slander is spoken defamation. Maybe this will help you grasp the distinctions:

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/social-media-online-defamation.html

We are not speaking to one another. We are writing to one another. Publishing. I am not a talking head on the television saying something about another, that is, speaking.

So stop claiming you are being slandered unless you are actually viewing videos of someone speaking or actually taking to them in a crowded venue where others can hear the conversation.

If you are going to complain here, the proper understanding is to complain people are libeling you. Now accept the correction and proceed accordingly.

AMR

You won't believe the truth if it is shown to you.
I have proven to you that people can slander by what they write. I am speaking of the Word of God, not about your little suing knowledge.

God's Truth

By the way, AMR, you need to stop gossiping about me in the chat box. I don't do what you accuse me of and out of my many thousands of posts, you are not the object of attention to me.

God's Truth

No trinitarian will answer my question as asked and that is to tell me where Jesus' man spirit is if it is not the Holy Spirit?

The Bible plainly says their is one divine Spirit, but trinitarians have made two and three.

Some trinitarians here have made three divine Spirits when they say the Father Himself is a Spirit too.

The Father IS Spirit.

Jesus' Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

There are three and the three have the same one Spirit.

Glorydaze says Jesus has a man's spirit in him.

I say Jesus' Spirit inside him is the Spirit of the Holy Spirit come as a man's.

I gave scripture to the trinitarians here where God the Father speaks of HIS SON'S SPIRIT.

I asked which Spirit the Father was speaking of since glorydaze says Jesus had his man spirit and it is not the Holy Spirit.

She says the Father was speaking about the Holy Spirit.

So WHAT HAPPENED to Jesus' man spirit then? Why would the Father not speak of His Son's man spirit?

Show the scriptures that say there are two different divine Spirits.

God's Truth

In these scriptures the Father is clearly spoken of as SENDING the SPIRIT OF HIS SON.

Trinitarians say that Spirit is the Holy Spirit and NOT the man spirit of Jesus.

A person IS THERE SPIRIT, the flesh accounts for nothing.

Why then is Jesus' man spirit not the spirit being spoken of when the Father plainly says the Spirit of His SON?

Galatians 4:6
And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, "Abba, Father!"

Romans 8:9
You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.

Romans 8:15
For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!"

God's Truth

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Jesus is through all the saved, John 17:26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

The Holy Spirit is not a proxy for the Father's Spirit and the 'spirit' of Jesus.

According to the trinitarians, the Father is Spirit, the Son has his Man Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is said to be ANOTHER PERSON/SPIRIT.

There is no such three or two divine Spirit teaching in the Bible.

There is only one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Did you read that last scripture?

That scriptures says ONE BODY AND ONE SPIRIT.

That ONE BODY is the body of Jesus.

That ONE SPIRIT is his one and only Spirit inside him.

He did not have two spirits inside him.

His Spirit IS the Holy Spirit.

Why would the scripture say we have access to the Father BY ONE SPIRIT if Jesus also had a different/man spirit also?

popsthebuilder

God the Father is through all the saved, Ephesians 4:6one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

Jesus is through all the saved, John 17:26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

The Holy Spirit is not a proxy for the Father's Spirit and the 'spirit' of Jesus.

According to the Father is Spirit, the Son has his Man Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is said to be ANOTHER PERSON/SPIRIT.

There is no such three or two divine Spirit teaching in the Bible.

There is only one Spirit.

Ephesians 2:18
For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called;

Did you read that last scripture?

That scriptures says ONE BODY AND ONE SPIRIT.

That ONE BODY is the body of Jesus.

That ONE SPIRIT is his one and only Spirit inside him.

He did not have two spirits inside him.

His Spirit IS the Holy Spirit.

Why would the scripture say we have access to the Father BY ONE SPIRIT if Jesus also had a different/man spirit?
Not sure, but I think you meant to add the word "trinitarians" somewhere in this sentence.

"According to the Father is Spirit, the Son has his Man Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is said to be ANOTHER PERSON/SPIRIT."

peace

God's Truth

Not sure, but I think you meant to add the word "trinitarians" somewhere in this sentence.

"According to the Father is Spirit, the Son has his Man Spirit, and the Holy Spirit is said to be ANOTHER PERSON/SPIRIT."

peace

I did. I am so glad that you understand exactly what I am saying.

God's Truth

Again, I ask the trinitarians, since they say Jesus' man spirit is not the Holy Spirit, then where is Jesus' spirit spoken of in the Bible? If the Father when speaking of the Spirit of His Son is about the Holy Spirit---then WHEN, WHERE, does the Father ever speak of the Son's spirit?

God's Truth

It isn't true that you are illogical just because some conflate logic with the traditions of man.

Fight on sister; might GOD guide us all, and may we both hear, and follow that guidance by the Spirit for the sake of all and the glory of One.

peace

What a beautiful prayer. Thank you. Thank you too for the kind words and the encouragement in the Lord.

popsthebuilder

(seems pertinent; also shows that our Lord, the man Jesus that the Holy Spirit filled even within his earthen vessel, was, while within the temporal vessel, subsidiary in nature to the Father, GOD almighty.
peace)

2 Thessalonians 1: 4. So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure: 5. Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer: 6. Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; 7. And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8. In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ: 9. Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power; 10. When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day. 11. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power: 12. That the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.