The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Unfortunately for you, the Bible does come with capitalizations. If it didn't, we'd have even more people like you who can't tell the difference between the Father and the Son. Those are capitalized so people know they are speaking of God, and not the father of John or the son of Zebedee.

The truth is found in the CONTEXT, which is something you always fail at.

Mocking the word of God is just as bad as mocking God the WORD.

Now you're enamoured with your own mocking. What a disgrace.

I have done no such thing.

As for capitalization, some Bible translations have a capital 'S' where others have a lowercase 's'.

glorydaz

That is not a reference to the written word alone, most definitely.

Spoken or written....we preach the Gospel, it's the word of God. We read the Bible, it's the word of God. All of Scripture contains the word of God...as He spoke or revealed Himself to the prophets...to Paul. Then Paul told the churches, and he wrote it down.

The Word who became flesh and dwelt among us has the NAME, the Word of God. The written word (Scripture) did not become flesh and dwell among us. That's why both you and God's UNtruth get so confused when you read the Bible. You think every time you see "word of God" it's taking about God who became flesh.

God's Truth

Spoken or written....we preach the Gospel, it's the word of God. We read the Bible, it's the word of God. All of Scripture contains the word of God...as He spoke or revealed Himself to the prophets...to Paul. Then Paul told the churches, and he wrote it down.

The Word who became flesh and dwelt among us has the NAME, the Word of God. The written word (Scripture) did not become flesh and dwell among us. That's why both you and God's UNtruth get so confused when you read the Bible. You think every time you see "word of God" it's taking about God who became flesh.

The Word of God is the words of God, even in the old testament.

The new testament is the old testament revealed.

It is what Paul says.

glorydaz

I don't think she has a point; I think she twisted up what you were saying.

I do have a point. The text under discussion is being ignored and adulterated by you in your quest to prove Jesus is the Spirit. You will go to whatever lengths you can to discredit what the word of God actually says. Pointing off in some lame direction having nothing to do with the wisdom Paul is giving here.

We are to put on the whole armour of God so we can stand against the wiles of the devil....spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph. 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.​

I gave you the perfect example of how we are to wield the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, just as Jesus did in the wilderness, but you were in too much of a hurry to jump back on your homemade soap box to hear what Paul is saying. That's a pity, and you do it ALL THE TIME. You ignore scripture so you can preach your own prideful ideas about God.

This is why no one can ever discuss scripture when you are butting in. You won't discuss the verse or topic at hand, you spit on the word of God and make up your own version with your misreading.....all to prove your stupid idea that there is no distinction in the persons of God. The way you tell it, God was wrong, and didn't actually mean Father, Son, and Spirit. He didn't really mean, "Let US make man in OUR image."

Disgusting. :down:

popsthebuilder

Hey wow, imagine that; more intentional misrepresentation of the faith and understanding of another believer.....again.
How very concieted and foolish are your words if you actually think that either of us do not make proper distinction between the written word of the Bible written by the hands of men inspired by the Holy Spirit, and the Word of GOD that was the first creation and too what all was created through and for and is subsisted with.

Blatant misrepresentation in a poor effort to place oneself above another believer.

Sad days

God's Truth

I do have a point. The text under discussion is being ignored and adulterated by you in your quest to prove Jesus is the Spirit. You will go to whatever lengths you can to discredit what the word of God actually says. Pointing off in some lame direction having nothing to do with the wisdom Paul is giving here.

We are to put on the whole armour of God so we can stand against the wiles of the devil....spiritual wickedness in high places.

Eph. 6:11-12 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.​

I gave you the perfect example of how we are to wield the Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, just as Jesus did in the wilderness, but you were in too much of a hurry to jump back on your homemade soap box to hear what Paul is saying. That's a pity, and you do it ALL THE TIME. You ignore scripture so you can preach your own prideful ideas about God.

This is why no one can ever discuss scripture when you are butting in. You won't discuss the verse or topic at hand, you spit on the word of God and make up your own version with your misreading.....all to prove your stupid idea that there is no distinction in the persons of God. The way you tell it, God was wrong, and didn't actually mean Father, Son, and Spirit. He didn't really mean, "Let US make man in OUR image."

Disgusting. :down:

I don't agree with anything you say.

glorydaz

The Spirit is the Father. The Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and is the Father of Jesus.

The Son is the Spirit, the scriptures say so plainly.

The scriptures also reveal that truth to us with carefully studying, as the Rider on the horse being the Spirit because the sword belongs to the Spirit.
They are BOTH called the Word of God. The Rider is called the Word of God, and the Sword is called the Word of God. They are the same.

Jesus is the Son.

If, as you say, there is only one GOD and He is the Father, then Jesus would not be GOD, because He is not the Father. He is the Son.

The Lord Jesus is GOD the Word made flesh.

Jn 1:1 and 1:14

Steko :thumb:

Last edited:

God's Truth

If it is as I say, you say. I said what the Bible says.

Ephesians 4:6 one God and Father of all,

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father,

Malachi 2:10
"Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?

Steko, did not Jesus create us?

glorydaz

How is it possible that the word that comes from GOD is GOD? easy; it is the limit to which man can know of GOD, through Christ/ the Spirit.

Why would GOD send GOD to be a sacrifice for, and a payment to GOD?

You're still confusing "word" with "the Word." Stop it.

You spew nonsense propagated as truth that has been spoon fed to you through the vanity of man.

My understanding of scripture is not from the explanations of man. In fact my faith was given to me directly and I did not read scripture or go to church prior to that. I didn't read the new testament until a several years ago; whereas my faith was recieved by me in 2011.What I am saying is that my faith didn't come from man, church, or the Bible, and most assuredly didn't come from any explanation by any man, but by the Spirit of GOD/ Christ alone.

And this is what we have to contend with....these deluded egomaniacs that believe they have God's truth....one even calling herself by that name. EGAD :bang:

Romans 10:14
How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.​

glorydaz

You don't know what that scripture means. That scripture means the natural man, the man living only to please his flesh, he cannot accept the things of the Spirit because that would mean giving up the things that please the flesh, things such as fornication and adultery. You are misusing the scriptures.

I do know what it means, which is why I quoted it for pops. The natural man does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in him, and so does not have the mind of Christ. The same can be said of you, which is why you hold so many unbiblical views.

1 Cor. 2:13-16 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.​

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of the Triune Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, if we say anything, we must say:

Within the one being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons (distinctive subsistences), namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1, 26, 3:22, 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,
3. the Holy Spirit is God,
4. the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit,
5. the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit,
6. the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son, and
7. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three gods, but one God.

The essence of something is that something’s being. The word essence has its root in the Latin, to be. When speaking of God, the question arises as to how God’s essence makes its existence known, for God is more than just having being or existence. Indeed, God is being, for He declared this to be so to Moses in Exodus 3:14-15. In the Exodus passage (see also John 5:26; Acts 17:24-25) God declares His self-existence (aseity), implying He is a boundless, ineffable, absolute, and transcendent being.

How does God's essence relate to the three persons of the Godhead?

God is a simple and uncompounded spiritual being. By simple we do not mean God is dim-witted. Nor do we mean that God is easy to understand. Simple, as a divine attribute, is the opposite of composite, the opposite of compounded. God is not made up of parts, composed of a genus (class), differentiations of species by attributes within a genus, and so on. The simplicity of God means God is not made up of goodness, mercy, justice, and power. He is goodness, mercy, justice, and power. Every attribute of God is identical with his essence.

So we cannot say love is more central to God than sovereignty, or vice-versa. Christians make this mistake all the time. You’ll hear people say, “God may have justice or wrath, but He is love.” The unstated implication: love is more central to the nature of God. But God is a simple being, not a composite being. So God is righteousness in the same way God is love.

In other words, the simplicity of God not only prevents us from ranking certain attributes higher than others, it allows God to have a distinct and infinite life of His own within Himself. God is not an abstract Absolute Idea who happens to have love, wisdom, and holiness, as if we first conceive of a being called God and then relate qualities to him. Rather, God in His very essence, within Himself and by Himself, is love, wisdom, and holiness. God is whatever He has, for He has nothing that He is not.

We can also say the same by stating, God is a simple and uncompounded spiritual essence. Essence is that by which something is what it is, that is, its nature. Generally speaking, essence and being are interchangeable in most discussions of God. Some also use nature and essence interchangeably.

Essence refers to the being of God, while person is used as subsistence within being. When something really exists we say this something possesses subsistence. When we speak of the characteristics of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, we are speaking about the individuated subsistences of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These subsistences do not divide the essence of God. While there is but one essence of God, there are three distinctly different modes of subsistence in that essence, which we call Persons.

The divine essence does not exist independently along with the three persons. Which is to say, there is not some essence, "God", sitting over there somewhere, along with the three persons of the Godhead. The divine essence has no existence outside of and apart from the three Persons. For if the divine essence did, there would be no true unity, but a division that would lead into tetratheism (four Gods).

God’s indivisible essence is common to the three subsistences (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), each possessing the one divine essence as one undivided nature—‘as all the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Christ’, so also in the Holy Spirit; and of the Father. In other words, the personal subsistences are not dividing up the one divine essence, as in one-third for the Father, one-third for the Son, and one-third for the Holy Spirit. Rather, the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are co-equal, co-participants of the one divine essence (the meaning of fullness in Col. 2:9).

The whole undivided essence of God belongs equally to each of the three persons. Thus the three persons co-inhere in the one divine essence existing simultaneously with one another as distinct subsistences or persons. This also means that the divine essence is not at one time entirely manifest as the Father (but not in or as the Son or Spirit), and then at another moment manifest exclusively as the Son, and yet again at another time solely as the Spirit. Rather, all three persons (subsistences) exist simultaneously.

AMR

glorydaz

Of the Triune Godhead, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, if we say anything, we must say:

Within the one being that is God, there exists eternally three coequal and coeternal persons (distinctive subsistences), namely, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:1, 26, 3:22, 11:7, Isaiah 6:8, 48:16, 61:1, Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14

1. the Father is God,
2. the Son is God,
3. the Holy Spirit is God,
4. the Father is not the Son or the Holy Spirit,
5. the Son is not the Father or the Holy Spirit,
6. the Holy Spirit is not the Father or the Son, and
7. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not three gods, but one God.

Thanks for posting this, AMR. I especially appreciate those verses which debunk God's UNtruth so nicely.

God's Truth

I do know what it means, which is why I quoted it for pops. The natural man does not have the Holy Spirit dwelling in him, and so does not have the mind of Christ. The same can be said of you, which is why you hold so many unbiblical views.

1 Cor. 2:13-16 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15 But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.​

The mind of Christ is an obedient mind; a mind obedient to God's words.