The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

You must first understand that sin is the work of man alone.

We are free, and must be if expected to not feel as if slaves or prisoners. Our freedom is the Will of GOD that we might come into faithfulness with HIM out of genuine desire to do HIS Will. Though sin is of the hands of man and GOD created man. If we had been created without freedom then we would not be capable of loving GOD out of reciprocation of the love that GOD shows creation. The root of evil is greed. Is GOD greedy for giving us both freedom and mercy and grace.

I am not denying free will.

If you are saying that God knows everything that we will do before we were created, then we cannot have free will, because it is already written. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Rosenritter

You should consider my question based on not a personal temperal setting, but in reference to ultimately. Do you think the Will of GOD can be averted by man? Do you really think man can change what will happen by the will of what created and formed man and it's habitat and the space that said habitat dwells in?

Perhaps one can change what they perceive GOD will do in reference to their own soul or life or experience due to GOD given faith or repentance due to shame through the GOD given selfless conscience but that isn't to say that GOD didnt already know the exact point at which all or any of those things would take place.

It is our limited capacities that limit us; but GOD is all mighty remember. And invade there is any confusion as to what that might entail; might= power and truth/ knowledge equals power. If GOD is allmighty and all powerful and all knowing then HE is omniscient and omnipotent.

Eternal too...... Just saying.

2 Peter 3:9 KJV
(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Luke 13:3 KJV
(3) I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Ezekiel 33:11 KJV
(11) Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Not so omnipotent that he can make someone repent of their own free will. Not so omniscient that he can know what a free willed creature will decide before it even exists. God may be omnipotent, but it doesn't mean he gets everything he wants. By definition, you cannot force someone to love you of their own free will.

God's Truth

(9) The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

(11) Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Not so omnipotent that he can make someone repent of their own free will. Not so omniscient that he can know what a free willed creature will decide before it even exists. God may be omnipotent, but it doesn't mean he gets everything he wants.

Of course He knows who will choose Him.

marhig

My bank account does the will of myself, not its own will. While from the perspective of inside the bank itself it may appear that my account takes actions, these are actually my actions. Even if it performs automatic transactions, it is because I decreed these actions.
Yes but Jesus had a choice. He could have done his will if he wished, as can we, And he also said that he had a will, your bank account has no will.

But Jesus chose to do the will of the Father who sent him. Thus he's not the father and the father is his God, Christ Jesus even followed commandments given to him. He wouldn't have been given commandments from God. If he was God.

And it's clearly written in the bible, by the apostles "the God and father OF our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have to believe what's written, and Jesus himself even called God his God and father, and he called the father the only true God. So why shouldn't I believe him?

popsthebuilder

If you are saying that God knows everything that we will do before we were created, then we cannot have free will, because it is already written. You can't have your cake and eat it too.
What? You mean like how god can't make a triangle have five sides?

Our limits and perspectives are not those of GOD.

popsthebuilder

Not so omnipotent that he can make someone repent of their own free will. Not so omniscient that he can know what a free willed creature will decide before it even exists. God may be omnipotent, but it doesn't mean he gets everything he wants. By definition, you cannot force someone to love you of their own free will.
That's what i said, but did you miss the words of your own quote?

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Do you think punishment is for repentance of the soul or do you regard it as eternal destruction? Don't you know that even the fallen angels are in the pit for but a term?

GOD is not slack concerning HIS promise.

We know literally all things will be reconsiled to GOD, by HIS Word that is truth and promise.

God's Truth

Yes but Jesus had a choice. He could have done his will if he wished, as can we, And he also said that he had a will, your bank account has no will.

But Jesus chose to do the will of the Father who sent him. Thus he's not the father and the father is his God, Christ Jesus even followed commandments given to him. He wouldn't have been given commandments from God. If he was God.

And it's clearly written in the bible, by the apostles "the God and father OF our Lord Jesus Christ.

I have to believe what's written, and Jesus himself even called God his God and father, and he called the father the only true God. So why shouldn't I believe him?

Jesus reveals himself to those he chooses to reveal himself.

Obviously he has not chosen to reveal himself to you.

The scriptures show us Jesus is God.

But many will fight against what is plainly written.

marhig

Jesus reveals himself to those he chooses to reveal himself.

Obviously he has not chosen to reveal himself to you.

The scriptures show us Jesus is God.

But many will fight against what is plainly written.
And Jesus plainly says that God is his God and father, maybe it is you who needs revelation?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God the Father came as a Man. What do you want Jesus the Man to teach us? That does not make him not God.

God the Father did not come as a man. You serve a deluded God. I serve this one;

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

marhig

God the Father came as a Man. What do you want Jesus the Man to teach us? That does not make him not God.
If Jesus has a father and he was sent by that father, he also he lived by the fathers will, and he prayed to the father, and without the father he said he could do nothing, and he said the father is greater than he, then he's not the father, the father was in and through him by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had a will, and chose to do the will of God, and left us a perfect example for us to follow.

God's Truth

God the Father did not come as a man. You serve a deluded God. I serve this one;

Matthew 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

God is Spirit and the Holy Spirit descended upon Christ Jesus whose Spirit is the Holy Spirit.

There are not three different entities making one God.

God's Truth

If Jesus has a father and he was sent by that father, he also he lived by the fathers will, and he prayed to the father, and without the father he said he could do nothing, and he said the father is greater than he, then he's not the father, the father was in and through him by the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had a will, and chose to do the will of God, and left us a perfect example for us to follow.

There is only one God and He is the Father. He came as a Man. He did not pretend to come as a Man.

Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God. Jesus raised himself from the dead. Jesus is exactly the same as the Father, no difference.

God's Truth

BR and Marhig,

Since you both say Jesus is not the Father, and you both say Jesus is not the Spirit, explain to me who is the Rider on the white horse in Revelation 19?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who is the Rider on the white horse?
Revelation 6:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

God's Truth

Revelation 6:8 King James Version (KJV)

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

No, BR, who is the Rider on the white horse in Revelation 19.

And please, don't just post the scripture. Tell me who is the Rider.