The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

Men over the years have distorted the word. We build our faith on the bits and pieces we have found. To ad to the problem is the differences in the languages involved in the translations we do have today. It is the content that we must seek to find.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TOL mobile app

Evil.Eye.<(I)>

BANNED
Banned
John 17:3 disagrees with you Lon.

Is Jesus wrong?

Who can we trust then?

John 10:30 30 I and My Father are one.” And John 17:3 ... And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

So... um... er... lookey here... He just linked Himself to the Father in the verse that clearly supports Lon.

Next?

keypurr

John 10:30 30 I and My Father are one.” And John 17:3 ... And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

So... um... er... lookey here... He just linked Himself to the Father in the verse that clearly supports Lon.

Next?
I am one with the Father also.

You can be also.

Lon

Men over the years have distorted the word. We build our faith on the bits and pieces we have found. To ad to the problem is the differences in the languages involved in the translations we do have today. It is the content that we must seek to find.
There are few Greek scholars that are Unitarian (if any). Take a Greek class. You are not too old.

Is Jesus wrong?

Who can we trust then?

Θεὸν καὶ ᾿Ιησοῦν Χριστόν
See the "v" endings? It equates the same. Only context would bust them apart, thus "God" and "Jesus Christ" can be seen as the same. Did you know that?

keypurr

There are few Greek scholars that are Unitarian (if any). Take a Greek class. You are not too old.

Θεὸν καὶ ᾿Ιησοῦν Χριστόν
See the "v" endings? It equates the same. Only context would bust them apart, thus "God" and "Jesus Christ" can be seen as the same. Did you know that?

Wish I could learn Greek Lon but I must admit at 81 a person has problems remembering things.

I can only rely on my many translations to guide my thoughts.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Christ is a created god for his God gave him his fullness.

Should we worship this "god"?

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

He is "a" form of God, not God himself. O God=a god.

Keypurr, I already explained that passage to you. Are you ignoring what I said?

Let me explain it again.

In Koine Greek (and perhaps in Greek in general), there is no word "a", only the word "the." If you want to say "a god", you just say "god". However, there is a rule in Greek called the Granville Sharp Rule, and it follows as thus:

"The following rule by Granville Sharp of a century back still proves to be true: `When the copulative KAI connects two nouns of the same case, if the article HO or any of its cases precedes the first of the said nouns or participles, and is not repeated before the second noun or participle, the latter always relates to the same person that is expressed or described by the first noun or participle; i.e., it denotes a further description of the first-named person."
- (A*Manual Of The Greek New Testament, Dana & Mantey, p. 147)
(From: http://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule)

When you say, "the father and husband," are you talking about two people? No, you're talking about one person. What about "the father and the husband?" More likely than not, you are talking about two people. That is an example of the GS rule.

Now, let's apply this to Scripture.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: - 2 Peter 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter1:1&version=NKJV

"the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

Simon Syme?n Peter Petros, a servant and kai apostle apostolos of Jesus I?sous Christ Christos , to those ho who have received lanchan? a faith pistis that through en the justice dikaiosyn? of ho our h?meis God theos and kai Savior s?t?r Jesus I?sous Christ Christos is of equal privilege isotimos with ours h?meis : - 2 Peter 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter1:1&version=MOUNCE

As I've said before, "HO" in Greek is the definite article "the." And in Greek, whenever there is the definite article "the" before the word "THEOS," in this case, literally "[our] [the God]," it's talking about the one true God. Notice, however, that there is no "HO" (definite article "the") before "S?T?R" (English "Savior"), so we can correctly apply the Granville Sharp rule, and know that "our God and Savior Jesus Christ" is talking about the same person, Jesus Christ who is God.

Luk 22:70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Son of God? And he said unto them, Ye say that I am.

The Son of God is NOT God, he is the Son of God.

He is BOTH.

There is only one God, the Father.

There is only one God, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Did he not teach us to pray to the FATHER LIKE HE DID?

He did. No one is denying that.

The Father is GREATER than ALL including his Son.

No one has said otherwise. Jesus Christ, God, the Son of God [the Father], submits Himself to the Father.

Christ was SENT by his God to bring us light, do not shut your eyes to it.

God the Son's God is God the Father. This is only supported by Jesus Christ submitting Himself to the Father.

The only person who has shut their eyes to the light of Christ is yourself, Keypurr.

Reactions: Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Haven't you gotten far enough along in your studies to realize that Hebrews 1:8 is a very sloppy translation?

Hebrews was originally written in Greek. The only translation being done is from Greek to English, and that's pretty darn easy to do.

Tell me, KR, what is your evidence that A) Hebrews was translated, B) What was it translated from, and C) How is it sloppy?

It is a quote from Psalm 45:6,7,

89a4b09668fc538e99e8a72e56099b07.jpg

Seems to me that it says the exact same thing, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever."

Or did you miss the memo that "Elohim" (especially in that context) means "God."

and it is rendered by the Jewish Publication Society,

Alright...

in part, as:

"Your divine throne is forever and ever."

Then they're wrong and/or intentionally mistranslating it. The Hebrew reads (quite literally) "[Your throne] [O God] [(is) forever] [and ever]".

See the image I attached above for the actual Hebrew rtl text.

The Son's throne gets its authority from the divine Father, who is God. It's like saying "God is your throne forever."
You'd probably be correct, except that "Elohim" is a noun, not an adjective like "divine" is, and the order of the Hebrew words does not match that translation.

The SOURCE of the Sons' authority is God.

No argument there, though you could also say that the source of His authority is Himself, since He is God.

In fact, can't you see at all that in the very next verse it says, "That is why God, YOUR GOD has anointed you with the oil of exultation..."

You love righteousness and hate wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions. - Psalm 45:7 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm45:7&version=NKJV

eeb962a32122c8ab7b0c05dba3f68c2a.jpg

If you're looking at JUST those two verses, and knew nothing about Hebrew or the rest of the Bible, they would seemingly contradict one another, because in verse six it calls the Son God, and in verse 7 it calls the Father God. How could that be if there is only ONE God?

Those two verses together only make sense if God is a plurality, having more than one person in the Godhead.

If the Son was God, how could he HAVE a God?

God the Son's God is His Father God.

The Son willingly submits Himself to the Father, in effect making His Father His God. This is why God says for us to honor our parents, because Jesus honors his Father, and God (the trinity) wants us to be like Him.

Someone really messed up that translation from Psalm 45. They try to say the Son is God, and yet he HAS a God! Really, JR? Can you think?

Again, I provided you with the Hebrew scripture. If you can show that the original texts say something different (in Hebrew, not English) than what I provided above, then you will have evidence that the scripture was mistranslated. But until then, I'm going to go with what I have provided, which says "your throne, O God, is forever and ever."

Oh, I almost forgot to discuss Hebrews 1:8... Back to Greek and English we go, because "To the Hebrews" (as far as I can tell) was originally written in Greek, not Hebrew or Aramaic...

But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. - Hebrews 1:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8&version=NKJV

But de regarding pros the ho Son hyios he says, · ho “ Your sy throne thronos, O ho God theos , is for eis all ho time ai?n ho , · ho and kai the ho scepter rhabdos of ho absolute justice euthut?s is the scepter rhabdos of ho your sy kingdom basileia . - Hebrews 1:8 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Hebrews1:8&version=MOUNCE

"DE PROS HO HYOS HO SY THRONOS HO THEOS EIS HO AION HO"

"[But] [regarding] [the] [Son] he says, "[Your] [throne], [the God], [is for] [all] [time]."

Again, "ho" is the definite article "the" in Greek. There is no word for "a", such as "a God." You would only say "theos" for "a god," not "ho theos," which means "The God," and that refers to the one true God.

"SY THRONOS HO THEOS"

"Your Throne, the God"

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Jesus says to worship God only.

No disagreement there...

You don't seem to like Jesus' word.
And you don't seem to know His entire Word.

BTW,

Jesus says His Father is His God. and His God is our God.

Again, no disagreement there. Just the clarification that Jesus (God the Son) submits Himself to His Father (God the Father), making God's God, well, God.

[QUOTEYou need to get the facts strait.

You need to first learn the facts. One of my teachers in high school once told me (and I didn't believe him at the time, but as I thought about it, it made more sense to me), "First you need to know something before you can understand it."

How do you think you can understand God's word if you don't even know it, even refuse to read it?

Don't change the scripture to suit your man-made doctrine.

No one here, as far as I'm aware, has changed any scriptures.

Jesus also says we are His brothers.

We (Christians) are His brothers (and sisters) in that like Him we have been given new life, and the opportunity to be with God the Father for all of eternity.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Matthew 14:33New International Version (NIV)

33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”

Matthew 28:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him.

Matthew 28:17 New International Version (NIV)

17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted.

Luke 24:52 New International Version (NIV)

52 Then they worshiped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.

John 9:38 New International Version (NIV)

38 Then the man said, “Lord, I believe,” and he worshiped him.
Don't forget that the Magi worshipped Jesus as a toddler, well before Keypurr's supposed "indwelling."

keypurr

Should we worship this "god"?

God say every kneen should bow to him as Lor5d, not God.

Keypurr, I already explained that passage to you. Are you ignoring what I said?

Let me explain it again.

In Koine Greek (and perhaps in Greek in general), there is no word "a", only the word "the." If you want to say "a god", you just say "god". However, there is a rule in Greek called the Granville Sharp Rule, and it follows as thus:

- (A*Manual Of The Greek New Testament, Dana & Mantey, p. 147)
(From: http://www.theopedia.com/granville-sharps-rule)

When you say, "the father and husband," are you talking about two people? No, you're talking about one person. What about "the father and the husband?" More likely than not, you are talking about two people. That is an example of the GS rule.

Now, let's apply this to Scripture.

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: - 2 Peter 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter1:1&version=NKJV

"the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ"

Simon Syme?n Peter Petros, a servant and kai apostle apostolos of Jesus I?sous Christ Christos , to those ho who have received lanchan? a faith pistis that through en the justice dikaiosyn? of ho our h?meis God theos and kai Savior s?t?r Jesus I?sous Christ Christos is of equal privilege isotimos with ours h?meis : - 2 Peter 1:1 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2Peter1:1&version=MOUNCE

As I've said before, "HO" in Greek is the definite article "the." And in Greek, whenever there is the definite article "the" before the word "THEOS," in this case, literally "[our] [the God]," it's talking about the one true God. Notice, however, that there is no "HO" (definite article "the") before "S?T?R" (English "Savior"), so we can correctly apply the Granville Sharp rule, and know that "our God and Savior Jesus Christ" is talking about the same person, Jesus Christ who is God.

The was Peter w3rong here?

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

How about Paul and John:

1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Joh 14:1 "Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me.

Joh 17:21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me.

He is BOTH.

Jesus Christ is Lord, not God. He is :a" god.

There is only one God, the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Where does it say that in scripture?

No one has said otherwise. Jesus Christ, God, the Son of God [the Father], submits Himself to the Father.

There is no God the Son in scripture.

God the Son's God is God the Father. This is only supported by Jesus Christ submitting Himself to the Father.

The only person who has shut their eyes to the light of Christ is yourself, Keypurr.

You go to great lengths to stretch the words to fit your traditions my friend.

Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

1Pe 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Jam 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Rev 1:5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn of the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loveth us, and loosed us from our sins by his blood;
Rev 1:6 and he made us to be a kingdom, to be priests unto his God and Father; to him be the glory and the dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
Rev 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

No mention of another God named Jesus, but there is a Son named Jesus the Christ, anointed by God.

keypurr

Don't forget that the Magi worshipped Jesus as a toddler, well before Keypurr's supposed "indwelling."

He was the one that was foretold to them as Saviour of the mankind. King of the Jews. Christ was not in him at his birth as he had to grow in wisdom. The logos had all the wisdom and power.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

No, it doesn't. It adds to what Lon is saying.

Is Jesus wrong?

Jesus is never wrong.

Who can we trust then?

God the Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

Men over the years have distorted the word.

Keypurr, do you remember the Dead Sea Scrolls? If you were to compare the Hebrew texts we use today (such as in the photos of the app I used above for the Hebrew versions of the OT) to the Dead Sea Scrolls, You would find that other than a few minor differences, due mainly to updates in language, and grammar and spelling "differences," the texts are almost exactly the same. And Keypurr, the DSSs are REALLY OLD. It shows how little the the Scriptures have changed over the millennia, due to the careful copying of the scribes who copied them manually.

We build our faith on the bits and pieces we have found.

The pieces we've found match almost perfectly to what we have today. There's literally no differences that matter.

To ad to the problem is the differences in the languages involved in the translations we do have today.

Keypurr, the OT was translated into Greek (which we know as the Septuagint) around 400 years before Christ was born. They were extremely careful in their translation, and since we have both the Septuagint AND most of the original Hebrew Old Testament, we can compare them to what we have today and see that our modern versions are, for all intents and purposes, the same.

That means that the English translation we have of the OT is AT MOST only 2 steps away from the original, but as far as I'm aware, was made using the original Hebrew instead of the Septuagint, which means, in terms of translation work, that things aren't going to be very different from the originals, the message remains the same.

The New Testament was originally written in Greek, and from Greek to Hebrew (such as what the MOUNCE shows) is AT MOST 1 step away from the original text, meaning that the english version of the NT is not going to differ, if at all, from the original Greek.

So Keypurr, to say that there's a problem because of the differences in language is not a very good argument, because the languages are not dead languages, and we understand them quite well, AND we have most of the originals, enough to know that what we use today is accurate in what it says.

It is the content that we must seek to find.

See the paragraphs above.

I am one with the Father also.

You are not "one with the Father" in the same way that this verse is talking about. This verse is talking about Jesus literally being one and the same as God the Father, meaning that He is God.

You can be also.

Not like Jesus is one with the Father.

Wish I could learn Greek Lon

Keypurr, I know very little Greek. But I know how to look things up, so that I can understand what's being said. I also use resources like MOUNCE Reverse Interlinear NT to have a side-by-side comparison of what the Greek says in English.

but I must admit at 81 a person has problems remembering things.

I can only rely on my many translations to guide my thoughts.

So why not rely on what people have already translated, and from the original texts, no less?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
He was the one that was foretold to them as Saviour of the mankind. King of the Jews. Christ was not in him at his birth as he had to grow in wisdom. The logos had all the wisdom and power.
Keypurr, only GOD HIMSELF is worthy of worship. What do you not get about that? NO ONE ELSE is worthy of worship. So why was Jesus, whom you say was ONLY HUMAN, worshipped as if he were God?

keypurr

Keypurr, only GOD HIMSELF is worthy of worship. What do you not get about that? NO ONE ELSE is worthy of worship. So why was Jesus, whom you say was ONLY HUMAN, worshipped as if he were God?
Kings were worshipped, Moses was worshipped.

But I do agree that only the Father is to be worshipped as God.