The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is a book of prophecy, no? If his interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13 is correct, that prophecy has ceased from this world, then he cannot believe the whole Bible or he must argue that Revelation is not Bible. This isn't too big of a leap of deduction.

If this is the verse you are referring to, you are in error. It is future tense meaning that it will pass away not that it has already.

1 Corinthians 13:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [a]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

Rosenritter

If this is the verse you are referring to, you are in error. It is future tense meaning that it will pass away not that it has already.

1 Corinthians 13:8 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of [a]prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV
(8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I think it means that although these other gifts or attributes might be of value, they aren't what is going to really last. Ten thousand years from now, will it really matter whether we understood prophecy, or even if we were the vehicle by which it was delivered? The event is fulfilled and the prophecy is forgotten. The gift of being understood in a foreign language may seem mighty and powerful, but that will become irrelevant like your baby's shoes. Love and charity, these are the things that truly matter, these are ageless, these are priceless, these are the heart and mind of God.

GTruth asked about beliefs. Those are my beliefs. God is love, God is perfect love, be ye therefore perfect like your Father in heaven. If you aren't perfect yet, do not despair, because practice makes perfect.

God's Truth

It is a book of prophecy, no? If his interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13 is correct, that prophecy has ceased from this world, then he cannot believe the whole Bible or he must argue that Revelation is not Bible. This isn't too big of a leap of deduction.

What you say makes no sense.

The Bible is a book of prophecy and it is finished.

God's Truth

1 Corinthians 13:8 KJV
(8) Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I think it means that although these other gifts or attributes might be of value, they aren't what is going to really last. Ten thousand years from now, will it really matter whether we understood prophecy, or even if we were the vehicle by which it was delivered? The event is fulfilled and the prophecy is forgotten. The gift of being understood in a foreign language may seem mighty and powerful, but that will become irrelevant like your baby's shoes. Love and charity, these are the things that truly matter, these are ageless, these are priceless, these are the heart and mind of God.

GTruth asked about beliefs. Those are my beliefs. God is love, God is perfect love, be ye therefore perfect like your Father in heaven. If you aren't perfect yet, do not despair, because practice makes perfect.

I asked about BR's beliefs on prophesies ceasing.

keypurr

I am delighted and comforted to know that keypurr officially changed his vote to yes . . . In spirit

Thou should not lie friend, to break one commandment is to break them all.

I can never go back to believing in the false trinity doctrine.

I love my God and my Lord to much to do that.

marhig

What you say makes no sense.

The Bible is a book of prophecy and it is finished.
No more prophets? What about this?

Ephesians 4

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;.For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

God's Truth

No more prophets? What about this?

Ephesians 4

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;*For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:*

That is for during the New Testament times.

marhig

Keypurr, Christ means God. There is only One God, and He is the Father. Jesus is that One God and Father come in the flesh as a Son.

Christ mean anointed one, and Jesus was anointed of God.

Acts 10

Jesus from Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all those being oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

God's Truth

Christ mean anointed one, and Jesus was anointed of God.

Acts 10

Jesus from Nazareth, how God anointed Him with*the*Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all those being oppressed by the devil, because God was with Him.

Christ means God and that scripture does not say otherwise.

God's Truth

No it isn't. Where does it say that?

This scripture is about the times in which Paul lived.

Ephesians 4

And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;*For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:*

marhig

This scripture is about the times in which Paul lived.

Ephesians 4

Where does it say that in the Bible?

And why are there still evangelists and pastors and teachers of God now then?

marhig

You mean why are there people who call themselves those things now? Anyone can give themselves a title.
I'm not talking about the people who are false, there are true people of God out there preaching the truth living it out and doing Gods will. And they have different strengths and different roles in the body of Christ. It doesn't say anywhere that what Paul said was only for that time. It says that Christ appoints them to different roles.

These are in every generation, for the edification of the body of Christ. Whilst the church of Christ is alive, there will be men and women of God alive with different gifts and different things to do to keep the body alive in God.

God's Truth

I'm not talking about the people who are false, there are true people of God out there preaching the truth living it out and doing Gods will. And they have different strengths and different roles in the body of Christ. It doesn't say anywhere that what Paul said was only for that time. It says that Christ appoints them to different roles.

You mean it doesn't say anywhere that what Paul said was for our times.

These are in every generation, for the edification of the body of Christ. Whilst the church of Christ is alive, there will be men and women of God alive with different gifts and different things to do to keep the body alive in God.

There are no nowadays tongues and no prophecies.

You know you cannot add any prophecy to the Bible.