The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

You do not even understand the simple things of salvation.

You misunderstand about Paul dying everyday because HIS LIFE WAS IN DANGER.

You also teach about death and do not seem to understand about the life of the Spirit.
If our flesh doesn't die, then the spirit can't live, and Christ won't be seen in us and through us!

God's Truth

You said that the thief on the cross merely obeyed. Where did he receive a command? Jesus didn't solicit a confession from him, he responded in reaction to someone else that detracted him. If that thief didn't have faith that Jesus was who he said he was, that he had the power to remember him when he "Came into his Kingdom" then how could he have taken action to begin with?

Do you have a problem with the truth? Show where I said the thief on the cross merely obeyed?

marhig

The flesh DIES TO SIN. The flesh dies to sin and then RAISES UP TO DO GOOD.
That's what I mean, our flesh dies and the spirit lives. That's what I mean by death to self, for our fleshly lusts to go, put to death by the spirit and then we are alive in God.

I seem to get to talk to you at teatime :) I'm off to cook tea for my family :)

God's Truth

That's what I mean, our flesh dies and the spirit lives.

Our flesh lives too.

That's what I mean by death to self, for our fleshly lusts to go, put to death by the spirit and then we are alive in God.
It still does not mean our flesh keeps trying to sin. I hate sin and want no part of it for my body.

I seem to get to talk to you at teatime :) I'm off to cook tea for my family :)

Are you living in England? So what kind of tea?

Rosenritter

Do you have a problem with the truth? Show where I said the thief on the cross merely obeyed?

Look at your own post, "The thief on the cross did not just believe he obeyed."

Although given your objection I suppose you may have meant to the inflection to be on "believe" instead of "just" which could make that mean something entirely different. But given that you were arguing against "just believe" and "only believe" and then proceeded to list actions without mentioning faith that's why it sounded like one, rather than the other.

So it certainly sounds like you are calling "a true faith produces fruit and works" a "false doctrine" and then you start arguing the merits of works. An unusual combination, but as you describe it in words it sounds like a "works only" approach. Why else would you degrade faith and say that a synergy of faith and works is a false teaching? And if that's not what you're saying please stop, slow down, and just clarify calmly.

Rosenritter

Prophecies ceased after the laying of the foundation. As for your favorite martyr, I do not go by the teachings of mere men. I go by the Holy Bible.

Actually, William Tyndale is my favorite martyr. But the prophecy of Jan Huss wasn't a teaching, it was what he said right before they killed him. Now if you go by the holy Bible, it does tell us how to judge a prophet and his prophecy. It's written in Dueteronomy,

Deu 18:20-22 KJV
(20) But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
(21) And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
(22) When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So if you really are going by the Holy Bible, then that bible also acknowledges that there may be also be prophets, and you should judge by whether the prophecy is fulfilled. Jan Huss said that they were about to roast him, but in one hundred years there would be a swan that they would be unable to cook. The prophecy was fulfilled. Martin Luther was never killed by the Roman church, although because they didn't try.

This does not mean to say that Martin Luther was perfect, or even correct in all things, but it does imply that God did have some purpose for him.

God's Truth

Although given your objection I suppose you may have meant to the inflection to be on "believe" instead of "just" which could make that mean something entirely different. But given that you were arguing against "just believe" and "only believe" and then proceeded to list actions without mentioning faith that's why it sounded like one, rather than the other.
You are wrong and just admit it. I didn't say what YOU SAID I did.
So it certainly sounds like you are calling "a true faith produces fruit and works" a "false doctrine" and then you start arguing the merits of works. An unusual combination, but as you describe it in words it sounds like a "works only" approach. Why else would you degrade faith and say that a synergy of faith and works is a false teaching? And if that's not what you're saying please stop, slow down, and just clarify calmly.

I do not have to stop and slow down. YOU have to study harder. While you are studying harder, stay closer to the truth and be careful not to add or take away to what I say. That is probably why you miss it where Jesus says you will not be saved unless you obey.

God's Truth

Actually, William Tyndale is my favorite martyr. But the prophecy of Jan Huss wasn't a teaching, it was what he said right before they killed him. Now if you go by the holy Bible, it does tell us how to judge a prophet and his prophecy. It's written in Dueteronomy,

Deu 18:20-22 KJV
(20) But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
(21) And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
(22) When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So if you really are going by the Holy Bible, then that bible also acknowledges that there may be also be prophets, and you should judge by whether the prophecy is fulfilled. Jan Huss said that they were about to roast him, but in one hundred years there would be a swan that they would be unable to cook. The prophecy was fulfilled. Martin Luther was never killed by the Roman church, although because they didn't try.

This does not mean to say that Martin Luther was perfect, or even correct in all things, but it does imply that God did have some purpose for him.

Again, prophecies ceased.

The Bible is finished.

I do not go by what your choice martyrs say.

I go by what the Holy Bible says.

Rosenritter

Again, prophecies ceased.

The Bible is finished.

I do not go by what your choice martyrs say.

I go by what the Holy Bible says.
Where does scripture say that there shall never be prophecy again? As a side question, do you have any background from the Church of Christ?

God's Truth

Where does scripture say that there shall never be prophecy again? As a side question, do you have any background from the Church of Christ?

I have no background at all from the Church of Christ.

Prophecies have ceased.

1 Corinthians 13:8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease;

Rosenritter

Maybe it doesn't sit well with his beliefs.
It is a book of prophecy, no? If his interpretation of 1 Corinthians 13 is correct, that prophecy has ceased from this world, then he cannot believe the whole Bible or he must argue that Revelation is not Bible. This isn't too big of a leap of deduction.