The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The term "Godhead" is an English variant of the word "godhood" and was first introduced by John Wycliffe (1330-1384 C.E.) in English Bible versions as godhede. The word "Godhead" is a interpretation of three different Greek words, theion (meaning "divinity, deity, divine eternal", # 2304 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Acts 17:29, theiotēs (meaning "divinity, divine nature", # 2305 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Romans 1:20, and theotēs (meaning "deity", # 2320 in Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament) at Colossians 2:9.

And?

CherubRam

Trinitarianism in Judaism is a sin punishable by death. Trinitarianism has never been a belief in Judaism. Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by Gnostic Pagans.

Joshua 22:22
The One Mighty God, Yahwah! The One Mighty God, Yahwah! He knows! And let Israel know! If this has been in rebellion or disobedience to Yahwah, do not spare us this day.

Psalm 50:1
A psalm of Asaph. The One Mighty God, Yahwah, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father ? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Romans 3:30
since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Messiah Yahshua, for whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Messiah Yahshua,…

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trinitarianism in Judaism is a sin punishable by death. Trinitarianism has never been a belief in Judaism. Trinitarianism was introduced into Christianity by Gnostic Pagans.

Joshua 22:22
The One Mighty God, Yahwah! The One Mighty God, Yahwah! He knows! And let Israel know! If this has been in rebellion or disobedience to Yahwah, do not spare us this day.

Psalm 50:1
A psalm of Asaph. The One Mighty God, Yahwah, speaks and summons the earth from the rising of the sun to where it sets.

Malachi 2:10
Do we not all have one Father ? Did not one God create us? Why do we profane the covenant of our ancestors by being unfaithful to one another?

Malachi 2:15
Has not the one God made you? You belong to him in body and spirit. And what does the one God seek? Godly offspring. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful to the wife of your youth.

Romans 3:30
since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith.

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Messiah Yahshua, for whom all things came and through whom we live.

Ephesians 4:6
one God and Father of all, who is over all, and through all, and in all.

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Messiah Yahshua,…

James 2:19
You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
I take it you do not believe in the Trinity?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There was a time when I believed Trinitarianism was a biblical truth, but after studying the issue, I realized that I had deceived myself.
What did you do with all the trinitarian passages you use to know, John 1:1, 14. Colossians 1:16, ! John 1:1-2? Did you just put them aside? If I may ask, what denominational Church did you attend as a Trinitarian and are you still the same denomination?

CherubRam

What did you do with all the trinitarian passages you use to know, John 1:1, 14. Colossians 1:16, ! John 1:1-2? Did you just put them aside? If I may ask, what denominational Church did you attend as a Trinitarian and are you still the same denomination?
I just ignore any biblical corruptions. I was baptized 50 years ago in a Baptist Church. Upon occasion I visit different congregations. It is difficult not to say anything when hearing any error. I do not want to disrupt any services.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just ignore any biblical corruptions. I was baptized 50 years ago in a Baptist Church. Upon occasion I visit different congregations. It is difficult not to say anything when hearing any error. I do not want to disrupt any services.

Why would you call truth a corruption? What do you find corrupt in the passages quoted.

keypurr

None of these verses are Trinity passages BR.

It seems our differences are between God and a form of God.

God and his spiritual Son are two not one being.
One in purpose, but two beings.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The most Trinitarian passages in the whole Bible are Matthew 16:18-19, John 21:15-17. The Holy See is Trinitarian.

Apple7

More clinic time for the JW...

More clinic time for the JW...

If Bart Ehrman translated a version himself to publish, he would write "and the word was a god."

Dead wrong.

Bart Ehrman already has rendered John 1.1 on his blog website, proving you ignorant, yet again, as thus...

bartehrman_100x100.jpg

Bart Ehrman January 7, 2013

I don’t have an informed view of the Jehovah’s Witnesses, although it’s true that Arians believed that Jesus was God but not that he was equal with God the Father or co-eternal with him. John 1:1 — I think the proper translation is “The Word was God.” (In this Gospel Jesus appears to be equal with God — here I disagree with the Arian view — but he is not *identical* with God, a major point I think.)

http://ehrmanblog.org/my-next-book/

Owned.

Again.

KingdomRose

They SHOULD be put aside, because they do not say what you want them to say. John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is God, and Colossians 1:16 shows that Jesus was involved in the creation of everything, but not that he was God.

You stand on slippery ground, and I pray that you start listening to the solid, sane truth.

KingdomRose

I was also baptized 50 years ago in a Baptist Church, in Florida. What a racket. I belong to one congregation now, and I know that I would have to say something if I went to any other churches.

KingdomRose

Why would you call truth a corruption? What do you find corrupt in the passages quoted.

I pointed out to you long ago on these threads why your rendering of John 1:1 is corrupt, as well as others. But you ignore my points completely. What you espouse is not "truth." Far from it.

KingdomRose

The most Trinitarian passages in the whole Bible are Matthew 16:18-19, John 21:15-17. The Holy See is Trinitarian.

The "Holy" See is also the most corrupt institution on the planet. It is anything but holy! It's interesting, though, that the Church has said that there is nothing to positively show that God is a Trinity. The closest the Bible comes is Matthew 28:19, and even then nothing there indicates that those three are EQUAL, or even that the H.S. is a person. Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-17 don't even HINT at a trinity.

KingdomRose

Dead wrong.

Bart Ehrman already has rendered John 1.1 on his blog website, proving you ignorant, yet again, as thus...

Owned.

Again.
I have his book, The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture. YOU are stinkin ignorant, dog. I read in his book that he said that John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is God, because "the word was god" does not have an article" the way "and the word was with the god" does. Page 113. In black and white!

If he is saying something else now, he has reverted back to the dark ages. I call that a major job of WAFFLING! Shame on him. No backbone. He said, "what one does find in the phrase 'the only-begotten Son' is a phrase that affirms Christ's unique divine character, without stating that he is the one and only God himself (which not even verse 1 asserts, because 'god' lacks the article)." BOOM. BANG. BAM. OWNED. GO LOOK IT UP IN HIS BOOK! I gave you the page number.

Apple7

I have his book, The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture. YOU are stinkin ignorant, dog. I read in his book that he said that John 1:1 does not say that Jesus is God, because "the word was god" does not have an article" the way "and the word was with the god" does. Page 113. In black and white!

If he is saying something else now, he has reverted back to the dark ages.

Dr. Ehrman grand slams your assertion.

Deal with it.

Apple7

Folks,

Look at how this JW still clings tenaciously to a 21 year old outdated and outmoded book as her gold reference standard!

Look at how she does the jitter-bug when she just discovered that her idol, Dr. Ehrman, now plainly, and irrefutably states that Jesus is God in John 1.1....!

:devil:

Reactions: Lon

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 3:16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.