• Total voters

keypurr

WRONG! as usual. Check a reference first. This is from dictionary.com

eternal

[ih-tur-nl]

Spell Syllables

Synonyms Examples Word Origin

adjective

without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ):

eternal life.

perpetual; ceaseless; endless:

eternal quarreling; eternal chatter.

enduring; immutable:

eternal principles.

Metaphysics. existing outside all relations of time; not subject to change.

noun

something that is eternal.

the Eternal, God.

Will we be eternal? If so, we had a beginning.

genuineoriginal

WRONG! as usual. Check a reference first. This is from dictionary.com

eternal
[ih-tur-nl]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
adjective
without beginning or end; lasting forever; always existing (opposed to temporal ):
eternal life.
perpetual; ceaseless; endless:
eternal quarreling; eternal chatter.
enduring; immutable:
eternal principles.
Metaphysics. existing outside all relations of time; not subject to change.
noun
something that is eternal.
the Eternal, God.
When does the Bible state that eternal life begins?

Mark 10:30
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.​

Maybe in this case, eternal means without end but does not mean without beginning.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think I clearly stated what I see as truth. I know most do not discard the fables they have been taught to go deep enough to find truth. The truth is right if front of your nose BR. Jesus was born as a man to be the Saviour of mankind. But that is not what makes him God or Godlike. It was the SPIRIT in him that was a created form of God, that spoke through Jesus and brought light into this world. Why do you turn away from the words of your Lord when he says that his Father is the only true God? Who do you wish to please, God or man?

Again you show your ignorance. The spirit of God is not created.

keypurr

Gnostic nonsense from a pagan. Sorry for you keypurr. You're in for a hell of a shock when you meet the Lord.

As I told you BEFORE, you have NO IDEA what the WORD "express image" means. It's a SINGLE, NON-COMPOUND Greek word.

charaktēr

Nowhere in scripture can you find that Jesus was taken over by a SECOND spirit. He ALWAYS had the Spirit of God because HE IS GOD.
Mat 3:16-17 KJV And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: (17) And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Notice, you heathen idolater, that the Spirit of God lighted UPON Him. It did NOT enter Him or take Him over or any other such thing.

Your the one speaking as a child, read Acts 10:38 and see where the POWER was given to Jesus at that time. Your words are showing what kind of spirit is driving you RD.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When does the Bible state that eternal life begins?

Mark 10:30
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.​

Maybe in this case, eternal means without end but does not mean without beginning.

Why don't you stay out of things that are not addressed to you. It was given to keypurr not to you. But, the again, you need to see it to since you deny the truth of 1 John 1:1-2. Jesus is eternal and possessing that attribute is therefore God.

genuineoriginal

NO, NO, NO. You have no reference for posting what you did and now you have no way to get out of the web you have spun. You should be able to give a simple reference for your work where other scholars agree with you.
I gave the reference.
It is the Bible as a whole.

You can read it yourself, like I did, and come up with your own estimate, like I did.

Or, you can take all the verses that everyone has used to try to prove that the Trinity is in the Bible and add up the words yourself.
Every word that is not in those verses speak of God from a Unitarian view.

To start you off, here is a list of all the verses in the Old Testament that can be used for a Trinitarian view:
Genesis 1:26
Genesis 3:22
Genesis 11:7
Isaiah 6:8

All the rest of the verses in the Old Testament teach a Unitarian view.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave the reference.

You can read it yourself, like I did, and come up with your own estimate, like I did.

Or, you can take all the verses that everyone has used to try to prove that the Trinity is in the Bible and add up the words yourself.

To start you off, here is a list of all the verses in the Old Testament that can be used for a Trinitarian view:

How about a reference other than the bible otherwise what you have said is pure speculation on your part.

genuineoriginal

Why don't you stay out of things that are not addressed to you. It was given to keypurr not to you. But, the again, you need to see it to since you deny the truth of 1 John 1:1-2. Jesus is eternal and possessing that attribute is therefore God.

You are twisting the verses so much to try (and fail) to make them say something that the verses were never intended to say that I was not able to stand by without showing your error.

The difference in our approaches is that you take the doctrines taught to you and then twist scripture to make it fit your doctrines, whereas I take the scripture as it is written, identify the message the people writing it most likely intended to convey to the people they were writing to, and then accept or reject doctrines based on how well the doctrines line up with scripture.

genuineoriginal

How about a reference other than the bible otherwise what you have said is pure speculation on your part.
I showed you how to prove or disprove my statement, what more do you want?
Are you attempting to claim "Appeal to Authority" as a logical fallacy to disprove my statement?

RBBI

You could NOT be more WRONG.

Jesus was NOT taken over by another Spirit or you think that Jesus had TWO spirits?

Jesus IS the LORD FROM HEAVEN, just like the Bible that you reject says.
1Co 15:47 KJV The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
Get with it kepurr. You're a heathen idol worshiper. Get saved and believe in the LORD FROM HEAVEN.

You're the one who doesn't believe in the Lord from HEAVEN. The Lord from heaven is SPIRIT, always was Spirit, and still IS Spirit. And it is THIS WORD that was MADE FLESH. Catch that? MADE flesh. He was made flesh, so that the invisible could have visibility.

1Cor 15: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy (INCLUDING THE FLESH MAN YESHUA): the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

It can't be any clearer. We bore the image of the first man, Adam, which was of terrestrial flesh, and we shall bear the image of the second man WHICH IS SPIRIT AND CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, and is of celestial flesh, having a different glory. Yeshua bore the image of the first man, earthy, AND He bore the image of the second man who He was/is, the spiritual man, the Lord from heaven.

It was THIS man that appeared in different forms of Adam when He arose. It was THIS man that appeared all through the OT in different forms. It was THIS man that received the anointing, and of whom Father said, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON when He appeared in glory on the Mount with the two cherubim (Moses and Elijah) the law and the prophets who disappeared into the New Ark of the Covenant, bearing the image of the heavenly at last. I AM the resurrection.....Peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can't you answer the simple question BR. Will we be eternal someday?

Look at the whole definition and put it in context. In that we will exist forever yes, we will be eternal. To the fullest extent of the meaning of the word, no.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are twisting the verses so much to try (and fail) to make them say something that the verses were never intended to say that I was not able to stand by without showing your error.

The difference in our approaches is that you take the doctrines taught to you and then twist scripture to make it fit your doctrines, whereas I take the scripture as it is written, identify the message the people writing it most likely intended to convey to the people they were writing to, and then accept or reject doctrines based on how well the doctrines line up with scripture.

You do not take the simplicity of what they mean. Jesus is without beginning and without end. He is eternal.

keypurr

So your now saying that Jesus was not born to Mary in Bethlehem.
You need to separate the flesh from the spirit BR.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I gave the reference.

Do you want to be proved false right now. From CARM.org

Plurality of God in the Old Testament
Gen. 1:26, "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.'"
Angels do not create.
We are not made in the image of angels.
There is no place in the OT where a leader refers to himself with the term "us."
Gen. 3:22, "Then the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, lest he stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever--'"
Gen. 11:7, "Come, let Us go down and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech."
Gen. 19:24, "Then the Lord [YHWH] rained on Sodom and Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord [YHWH] out of heaven."
Psalm 45:6-7, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of uprightness is the scepter of Your kingdom. 7 You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of joy above Your fellows."
This is quoted in Heb. 1:8, "But of the Son He [God] says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, and the righteous scepter is the scepter of His kingdom."
The Jehovah's Witness Bible has it translated as "God is your throne forever and ever . . . " But, God would not be a throne for anyone. A king sits upon a throne, and God sits on His throne, not anyone else on God as a throne.
Isaiah 6:8, "Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I. Send me!'"
Isaiah 48:16, "Come near to Me [God], listen to this: From the first I have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place, I was there. And now the Lord God has sent Me, and His Spirit.”
Amos 4:10-11, “I sent a plague among you after the manner of Egypt; I slew your young men by the sword along with your captured horses, And I made the stench of your camp rise up in your nostrils; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord [YHWH]. 11 “I overthrew you as God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah, And you were like a firebrand snatched from a blaze; Yet you have not returned to Me,” declares the Lord."

And how many other verses allude to the Triunity of God?

Right Divider

Body part
You're the one who doesn't believe in the Lord from HEAVEN. The Lord from heaven is SPIRIT, always was Spirit, and still IS Spirit. And it is THIS WORD that was MADE FLESH. Catch that? MADE flesh. He was made flesh, so that the invisible could have visibility.
Oh boy.... another poor little feller.

Firstly, the WORD is GOD.

Secondly, I did "catch that" and I know what it means. It means that God came to earth as a man. The man Jesus had the Spirit of God.

1Cor 15: 37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain: 38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: 43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: 44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. 45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual. 47 The first man is of the earth, earthy (INCLUDING THE FLESH MAN YESHUA): the second man is the Lord from heaven. 48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. 49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

It can't be any clearer. We bore the image of the first man, Adam, which was of terrestrial flesh, and we shall bear the image of the second man WHICH IS SPIRIT AND CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, and is of celestial flesh, having a different glory. Yeshua bore the image of the first man, earthy, AND He bore the image of the second man who He was/is, the spiritual man, the Lord from heaven.
I guess that you don't understand metaphors, similes, figures of speech, etc. etc.

It was THIS man that appeared in different forms of Adam when He arose. It was THIS man that appeared all through the OT in different forms. It was THIS man that received the anointing, and of whom Father said, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON when He appeared in glory on the Mount with the two cherubim (Moses and Elijah) the law and the prophets who disappeared into the New Ark of the Covenant, bearing the image of the heavenly at last. I AM the resurrection.....Peace
Please divulge your sources for this gnostic believe system.