The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Elia

You ought to be rejected if you deny the truth of the Trinity and the Deity of Christ.

Bs"d

God is one and not three:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

And there is only God, and that is Y-H-W-H, and besides Him there is no god.

Therefore there is no divinity in your messiah.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”
Jer 16:19-21

Elia

If one accepts Paul's assertion in Colossians 1:16 then there is no doubt Christ was the Creator identified in Genesis 2:4.

Bs"d

That Creator however, is Y-H-W-H, so that doesn't hold water:

"This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that Y-H-W-H God made the earth and the heavens"

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”

Elia

G.O. you just can't/won't see the truth of the Trinity in Scripture. You're either
blind to truth, not a true believer, or just a guy caught up in false doctrine.
Which is it?

Bs"d

Why is it that you can't/won't see that God is one? It is all over Scripture, see HERE

Why are you blind for the truth in Scripture?

Why do you keep on running after extra-Biblical lies like trinity?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Holy Spirit is the Fathers Spirit which begat Jesus.

and the Holy Spirit "as a third person" does not get a mention in the Bible.

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:
1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 1:4 I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;

Now I see your problem.

keypurr

Ok, highlight this in yellow or purple or whatever color you want.

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
(John 1:3 NKJV)​

So what was made without him? Were the heavens and earth made without him?

...and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him.
(Colossians 3:10 NKJV)​

Were humans made without him?

...has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds. (Hebrews 1:2 NKJV)​

Were the worlds made without him?

Consider the words: ...though whom also He made the worlds.

Consider also Gen 1, the spirit of God moved across the face of the waters.
The spiritual son is the spirit of God. All things were created by God through his spirit son. Who is the word in John 1.

CherubRam

Colossians 1:12-17
12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

An argument can be successfully made that everything I highlighted in YELLOW refers to the Father and everything highlighted in GREEN refers to the Son.
Him who? Yahwah, or, Yahshua? The Old Testament says that ONLY Yahwah created all things. The Catholics removed the name of God from the New Testament scripts. Dressing up a lie as the truth is like lipstick on a pig.

Colossians 1:16
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

CherubRam

Ok, highlight this in yellow or purple or whatever color you want.

He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
(John 1:3 NKJV)​

So what was made without him? Were the heavens and earth made without him?

...and have put on the new man who is renewed in knowledge according to the image of Him who created him.
(Colossians 3:10 NKJV)​

Were humans made without him?

...has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds. (Hebrews 1:2 NKJV)​

Were the worlds made without him?

This does not agree with the Old Testament.
Quote: "whom also He made the worlds."

CherubRam

This is how it should read.

16 For by Yahwah were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is how it should read.

16 For by Yahwah were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17 And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist.

WRONG!! He is not talking about the Father. He is talking about Jesus. :duh:

Right Divider

Body part
The NT speaks of our Father in heaven, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit. However, I find it impossible to think of the Holy Spirit as a person.

Jesus compared the Holy Spirit to rivers of living waters. A river is not a person.
He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water. But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive for the Holy Spirit was not yet given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.
(John 7:38-39 NKJV)​
What happened to the Holy Spirit while Jesus was not yet glorified?
Jesus said to the woman of Samaria, "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." (John 4:14 NKJV)​
How can a person be compared to a fountain of water?
...for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of waters. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes. (Revelation 7:17 NKJV)​
Again we have the reference to fountains of waters, not a person.

It's not possible for me to think of the Holy Spirit as anything other than a manifestation of God's Spirit, i.e., his power.
So your opinion out-weighs everything?

The Holy Spirit is not some impersonal "force".
Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
You can't lie to a "force". You can ONLY lie to a PERSON. And this PERSON is GOD.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Act 5:3-4 KJV But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? (4) Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.
You can't lie to a "force". You can ONLY lie to a PERSON. And this PERSON is GOD.

To add to what you have said. The Spirit has;
a mind, Romans 8:27
a will, 1 Corinthians 12:11
He speaks, Acts 8:29, 13:1
He loves, Romans 15:20
He grieves, Ephesians 4:30
He prays, Romans 8:26

Forces do not do those things, persons do.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Yep!

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Yep!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Consider the words: ...though whom also He made the worlds.

Consider also Gen 1, the spirit of God moved across the face of the waters.
The spiritual son is the spirit of God. All things were created by God through his spirit son. Who is the word in John 1.

My builder is "through whom" I built my house.