The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This would be error. Our Lord was one person with two natures.

Our Lord was fully God and fully man in an indissoluble union ----------- assumed a human nature that cannot be separated, divided, mixed, or confused.

Only after the resurrection.

However it is still possible to know the difference between the Father and His son who is a man.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Jehovah" as "YHWH," the Tetragrammaton, appears in the Bible 7,000 times. YHWH is certainly the personal name of God, as he states many times in the O.T. The KJV has included his name 4 times (which is better than none), the most familiar place being Psalm 83:18.

It's interesting that you say that God cannot be named. Jehovah begs to differ with you. The Living Bible says, at Exodus 3:15:

"Tell them, 'Jehovah, the God of your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is my eternal name, to be used throughout all generations."

The fact that Jehovah GAVE Jesus the name above every name shows that Jehovah is superior to even Jesus. You leave out important parts of verses.

"God highly exalted him, and bestowed on him the name which is above every name." (Philippians 2:9, NASB)

A person doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that if God GAVE Jesus that name and prominence, His own name would be understood to be the highest of all, as Psalm 83:18 states. We would naturally understand that Jesus' name is above every name with the exception of the One who gave him that name.

No exception.

The Christ is the name above all names.

LA

kenjacobsen

"God highly exalted him, and bestowed on him the name which is above every name." (Philippians 2:9, NASB)

A person doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to see that if God GAVE Jesus that name and prominence, His own name would be understood to be the highest of all, as Psalm 83:18 states. We would naturally understand that Jesus' name is above every name with the exception of the One who gave him that name.

Sorry, but you're missing something –the name that is above all names is the name of Jesus, not anyone or anything else.

Here's the verse with the part you left off:

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth"

The name that God put above all names is Jesus not something called "Jehovah" a word that nowhere appears in any Bible, neither in the OT or the New, a word never used by anyone in the Bible.

And you cannot use Psalms, or any other OT verse, to cancel out what God did to the name of Christ, which is to put it above any other name, sorry.

Also, for anyone who cares, YHWH means simply "the one who is", which is how it reads the Hebrew and that, as it says, is how God wants to be known.
And those who have Christ, have God.

Last edited:

keypurr

Sorry, but you're missing something –the name that is above all names is the name of Jesus, not anyone or anything else.

Here's the verse with the part you left off:

"Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth"

The name that God put above all names is Jesus not something called "Jehovah" a word that nowhere appears in any Bible, neither in the OT or the New, a word never used by anyone in the Bible.

And you cannot use Psalms, or any other OT verse, to cancel out what God did to the name of Christ, which is to put it above any other name, sorry.

Also, for anyone who cares, YHWH means simply "the one who is", which is how it reads the Hebrew and that, as it says, is how God wants to be known.
And those who have Christ, have God.

According to the Aramaic,YHWH is his name.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
IF our Maker is the "Most Holy Trinity"! IF. Well, our Maker is NOT. And the verses in Luke do not say "Mother of God." Quote the verse that says "Mother of God." If it says that, I will stand corrected.

If that is your proof that God loves us, I shudder. Dear heavens. All the things I mentioned are clearly OF THE DEVIL. Yet you defend that snake's influence on your church. So be it. Keep on going with your blinders on. Jesus gave instructions to his disciples as to what to do when someone just won't accept the pearls we offer.

"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matt.7:6, NASB) Which is what you are trying to do to me.

"Whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake the dust off your feet." (Matt.10:14, NASB) Consider the dust shaken off my feet.

:wave2:
You are such a silly, silly person.

iamaberean

I think you have not fully grasped what being a Berean means. The Bereans did not conduct daily discourse using but only Holy Writ. The listened to those having the same light in their minds, took things into consideration, and then went away and sought out the veracity of what they were discussing and hearing from the Scripture.

AMR

That is not what the bible says that they did.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
They received the word,not their word, and searched the scriptures. They weren't looking for the opinions of man. To confirm truth they compared scripture with other scripture, that is how one knows truth.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Zec 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.
Mar 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
1Co 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

Last edited:

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not what the bible says that they did.

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scripture

Back up and get the entire context. The opening of Acts 17 has Paul entering the synagogue on three Sabbaths. What is he doing in there?

And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
Opening and alleging...

That "opening and alleging" means "explaining and proving".

Paul's efforts were met by some of the Jews of Thessalonica with anger.

Paul and Silas go to Berea and Paul goes to the synagogue. What is he doing in there? The same thing he did in Thessalonica, using Scripture and explaining and proving what Scripture has to say. The Bereans took what Paul had to say under consideration (that is they received his words), then studied Scripture to see if what Paul was saying to them was true.

So, be like these Bereans who took every word they heard captive. You have been given much resources to review. Now go do so and compare what you study to what Scripture has to say.

AMR

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Most of the time, it is to God.

thanks for your clarification.

Are you saying that the self that you are talking to when you talk to yourself is GOD?
Are you saying that Meshak is GOD? I don't think you mean that?

I'm asking Meshak a simple question without reference to GOD, at this point.

The simple question is:

When Meshak talks to herself, is she talking to Meshak?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Are you saying that the self that you are talking to when you talk to yourself is GOD?
Are you saying that Meshak is GOD? I don't think you mean that?

I'm asking Meshak a simple question without reference to GOD, at this point.

The simple question is:

When Meshak talks to herself, is she talking to Meshak?

No I am not talking to myself when I am talking to God.

I am sure I talk to myself sometimes instead of God too.

thinking and talking are very much the same, IMO.

what are you getting at?