The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Satan is laughing in his boots by you telling the ones who are already his that they are to obey Jesus' commandments as if they could.

Satan knows that when a UNbeliever belonging to him HEARS the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary for their salvation, many will be snatched out of Satan's hand, and Satan shakes in his boots.

You sound childish, as if you are merely parroting what you false teachers taught you in Sunday school.

God's Truth

1st Peter 2:5 (KJV)

There's One temple, not billions of temples.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

Rosenritter

(John 10:33-26 KJV)"..The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?[a] 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?.."

Please answer these questions:

What reason does Jesus state they were stoning him, because he called himself God or because he called himself Gods son?

He didn't make a statement as to why they were stoning him. You'd have to add to the text to come up with something different than what the Jews specified, "because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

As I have mentioned multiple times, do you agree that Jesus when referring to them as gods was talking about the divinely appoint order of Judges God ordained on the nation of Israel throughout history, but of course making reference to those specific pharisees at that point in time?

Actually, you have asked a slightly different question before. Yes, those Pharisees are the little "gods" of the Psalm.

In one of your replies to me you stated regarding Jesus listnders in John 10:34 "[they] are the gods of the 82nd Psalm. God judges among the gods, but they are corrupt, but they shall die like men, but that God will inherit all nations. Did you forget that Jesus declared himself the judge of the quick and the dead? Jesus is the GOD of the 82nd Psalm. They are the gods that will die like men.".

You yourself stated they were corrupt judges/gods, therefore I used the word "false", I believe the word false judges can be a correct synonymous word for corrupt judges can it not? In any case It create no issue with what I was previously trying to express, something that you made no reply to, namely, how do Jesus words make sense in regards to what they said and how Jesus answered them?

No, "false judges" would not be an accurate term. An appointed judge is a judge, regardless if he is honest or corrupt. Additionally, the term "false god" has a meaning that this is a god in the sense that is is an object of worship. Therefore, "false gods" would be an inappropriate term in this case.

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself God.
Jesus answer: Are you not corrupt judges/gods?

Yes, that is the convenient introduction that he uses.

Jesus answer makes no sense in relaition to what they said. I get you claim that Jesus was trying to say he was God (even though Jesus doesn't claim he said this) and that he was judging them but this makes no sense in relation to the context. To make it easier try and paraphrase in short the Jews accusation along with what Jesus meant by his words, please do this for me as I have done above in orange.

The only reason this makes no sense to you is because you insisting that scripture must bend to JW doctrine.

1. Who is it that judges among those gods? Jesus said it was he.
2. Who is it that arises, or has risen? Jesus said it was he.
3. Who is it that shall inherit all nations? Jesus said it was he.

... and the Psalm says GOD. If Jesus meant to deny that "he made himself God" this would be a bizarre Psalm to reference!

Moreover what you claim Jesus said and what he actually said are two different things, where does Jesus say he claimed to be God? All Jesus does is quote a tiny portion of text, "are you not gods". You are imposing the God of Psalms 82 and assuming the God in it is Jesus, where does Jesus demonstrate this by what is said in John 10??

See above. Plus, you know that Jesus was indirect in the approach to these things. Did he tell his disciples "I am the Son of God" or did he ask them, "what do men say that I am?" Sometimes the scripture does come straight out and tell us that Jesus is indeed our God, and you argue up and down that this can't possibly be what it means. If you deny the explicit statements, how can you expect to understand the iceberg of implicit statements beneath?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Lol Show where I do not believe in the resurrection of Jesus.
I never said you didn't, meathead.
The truth is far from you.
Nope.
The saved are the temple.
That's what I said.
We are not to follow tradition or church laws
Vs. "the pillar and ground of the truth." 1st Timothy 3:15 (KJV) :rolleyes:
or any human rules as authority for the church (Matthew 15:1-14; Colossians 2:8; Galatians 1:6-9; Proverbs 14:12; 2 John 9-11; Jeremiah 10:23).

God’s word is understandable even to a young child.
I already agreed with you here. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV) "He (the Lord Jesus) is risen." Romans 10:9 (KJV)
How from infancy you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus, see 2 Timothy 3:15. We do not need elected men to interpret God’s word for us, but we are to check the scriptures to check out those claiming to be teachers, see Mark 7:14; 2 Timothy 3:15, 16, 17; John 20:30, 31; Acts 17:11; and, Psalm 119:105. For we do not write you anything you cannot read or understand. And I hope that, as you have understood us in part, you will come to understand fully that you can boast of us just as we will boast of you in the day of the Lord Jesus.
You don't boast in the Lord Jesus, nor in His Apostles, nor in their Church; you boast in yourself. :rolleyes:

Rosenritter

Yes, I know, and you did not like my answer. My answer will not change, if you ask again.

That is an extremely sad testimony.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3 KJV
(1) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
(2) And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
(3) And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
1st Peter 2:5 (KJV)

There's One temple, not billions of temples.
Notice the difference between that passage and the ones I and GT quoted in 1 Corinthians.

The verses we provide show the individual as being a temple, but the one's written by Peter the Apostle, to the diaspora of the Jews, was written to them as a group, and not individuals.

There's a reason for this:

God had a corporate relationship with the Jews, considering them one entity. However, with the Body of Christ, it's a personal relationship, not a corporate one, where each individual can have a relationship with God, 1-on-1.

God's Truth

Notice the difference between that passage and the ones I and GT quoted in 1 Corinthians.

The verses we provide show the individual as being a temple, but the one's written by Peter the Apostle, to the diaspora of the Jews, was written to them as a group, and not individuals.

God had a corporate relationship with the Jews, considering them one entity. However, with the Body of Christ, it's a personal relationship, not a corporate one, where each individual can have a relationship with God, 1-on-1.

No, all the saved are like living stones being built up in a Spiritual house.

The saved bodies are the temple, but don't forget that Jesus is also the temple in which the saved live.

Jesus lives in the saved and the saved live in Jesus.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
When was the last time your church taught you that you will have to present yourself at the White Throne Judgment as the Bible says?
2nd Corinthians 5:10 (KJV), if we are saved (Ro10:9KJV), how is it that "we must all . . . receive the things done in [our] body . . . whether it be good or bad?" How can we "come boldly unto the throne?" Hebrews 4:16 (KJV)

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned

Oh . . . so I'm running headlong into your dispensationalism, is what it is.

How many Bodies of Christ are there?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Oh . . . so I'm running headlong into your dispensationalism, is what it is.

How many Bodies of Christ are there?
One. One Body of Christ... ah ah ah. But there are billions of people who are a member of that group, from many nations.

However, while there are billions in the Nation of Israel, it's only one nation. Israel is the Bride of Christ.

There are two Churches in the New Testament. The first was comprised of the Jews, and proselyte Jews, those who converted. This Church is the one that was destroyed by Paul, which he states very clearly in Galatians 1:13.

9cc18aac2bcfde357796d306f959dae1.jpg

(and yes, I am aware that other translations insert "tried/attempted to destroy," which is why I am using the Greek, because the original Greek writing states that he did destroy it, not tried to)

The second Church, the one that exists today, is the one whom Paul established with his ministry to convert the Gentiles to Christianity. Christians are the Body of Christ. The head of the Body of Christ is not the Church, because the Church is the Body. The head of the Body of Christ is Christ Himself, He is the one whose words we should heed, not the Church, because the Church does not have authority over Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
One. One Body of Christ... ah ah ah. But there are billions of people who are a member of that group, from many nations.
That's what I said.
However, while there are billions in the Nation of Israel, it's only one nation. Israel is the Bride of Christ.
The Church is the Bride of Christ, as Paul said.
There are two Churches in the New Testament. The first was comprised of the Jews, and proselyte Jews, those who converted. This Church is the one that was destroyed by Paul, which he states very clearly in Galatians 1:13.
He clearly stated that the Church is the Body of Christ.
9cc18aac2bcfde357796d306f959dae1.jpg

(and yes, I am aware that other translations insert "tried/attempted to destroy," which is why I am using the Greek, because the original Greek writing states that he did destroy it, not tried to)

The second Church, the one that exists today, is the one whom Paul established with his ministry to convert the Gentiles to Christianity. Christians are the Body of Christ. The head of the Body of Christ is not the Church, because the Church is the Body. The head of the Body of Christ is Christ Himself, He is the one whose words we should heed, not the Church, because the Church does not have authority over Christ.
No one ever said the Church has authority over Christ.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
@popsthebuilder

@popsthebuilder

popsthebuilder said:
I respect Jesus, and don't understand what it is you are getting at really.
Respect what He said and did, especially when He did what He said that He'd do. Matthew 16:18 (KJV)
popsthebuilder said:
Surely the congregation of the faithful to GOD is ever present and will be until the end. My sins? If you knew them and called me by them openly? I would be even more shamed than I sometimes am still now. Hopefully that shame would bring me to even further repentance.
Hebrews 4:16 (KJV), figure it out; figure out how Sacred Scripture could dare tell us to do such a thing.
popsthebuilder said:
Really though; I most likely wouldn't mind too much for a couple of reasons; we are all equal/ sinners.
There are graver and less-grave sins, but we are all sinners, yes.
popsthebuilder said:
We aren't told to respect the opinions of men.
Then you should be a big fan of mine, since I don't.
popsthebuilder said:
I really couldn't care too much if one who is obviously already against me and or my words calls me names anyway; it's standard procedure round these parts.
Good attitude. :e4e:

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
The falseness of tradition is in the Bible.
Not of the Church! There is no such thing as "the falseness of tradition" of the Church in the Bible!
The falseness of the witness of those who had been chosen is in the Bible.

The whore of Babylon is in the Bible.

The two headed beast is in the Bible.

The fact that all are equal with only One priest is in the Bible.

The fact that likening GOD to man is grave sin is in the Bible.

St. Peter is/ was blessed and did follow-the Way and heed the call of GOD. The whore of Babylon is responsible for nearly all misdirection in Christianity.

And you say for me to respect the church.
The Bible says to.
I'll have you know that if and when I step into a church building that I am as respectful as I can possibly be regardless of sect, color, style or method of praise, or even doctrine.
OK. :idunno:
Now if by elders of the church you mean those responsible for the writings of the Bible in part and even those books intentionally kept out of the Bible then I would say they too have my respect.
I mean the elders/overseers/bishops.
So.... What are you saying I'm not respecting again? Oh that's right; false doctrine and tradition.... Yeah, I can't respect that.... Sorry
Well nobody's asking you to respect those things.

Sent Z983 Tapatalk[/QUOTE]