The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Look more closely at both posts.

No prerequisite. No doing of my own.

Only hope and acceptance of need.

Romans: 5. 6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

What now?

I did nothing and was undeserving.

I don't expect you to know of sorrow or repentance. Count it a blessing.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
By the way.... Did you catch that? While we where yet..... As in; we will not knowingly continue there in upon salvation and heeding the call.

NWL

All of them for those who are not blinded by their own two little hands.

Haha! This is like me telling you to read from Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:21 as proof that God is the Father only and not a trinity, its meaningless unless I can actually demonstrate it to you.

You cited over 70 verses, I asked you to show me how a single one teaches the trinity, as you claimed, and you use the excuse that I'm the blinded? Maybe if you tried to actually demonstrated how scripture(s) states what you claim could you say I'm blind. So far I've been met with citations of text with zero explanation to how they prove the trinity and then met with accusations that I'm blinded when I ask how they prove the trinity.

You're inability to back up what you claim is laughable.

lifeisgood

The Trinity helps us answer the question, "What was God doing before he created the universe?" Augustine's answer: "He was preparing Hell for people who ask questions like that!"

The Trinity sets the limits on human speculation about the nature of God.

The Trinity teaches us that God is beyond all human comprehension.

The Trinity exalts the Father, the Son, and the Spirit.

The Trinity helps us understand what really happened at the Cross.

====

The above not lifeisgood work.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Haha! This is like me telling you to read from Gen 1:1 to Rev 22:21 as proof that God is the Father only and not a trinity, its meaningless unless I can actually demonstrate it to you.

You cited over 70 verses, I asked you to show me how a single one teaches the trinity, as you claimed, and you use the excuse that I'm the blinded? Maybe if you tried to actually demonstrated how scripture(s) states what you claim could you say I'm blind. So far I've been met with citations of text with zero explanation to how they prove the trinity and then met with accusations that I'm blinded when I ask how they prove the trinity.

So I gather you reject Father, Son, Holy Spirit as being God. Got it.

You reject every single verse that shows you the Trinity/Triunity of God, that is your loss.

lifeisgood

By the way.... Did you catch that? While we where yet..... As in; we will not knowingly continue there in upon salvation and heeding the call.

And how much did you help God with while you were yet/still/as yet(did you catch that) a sinner....to be saved.

lifeisgood

Look more closely at both posts.

No prerequisite. No doing of my own.

Only hope and acceptance of need.

Not what you wrote. You said, I, popsthebuilder, while I was still a unbeliever I hoped, I repented…. You sound as gt.

Romans: 5. 6. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. 7. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. 8. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

And how much hope and repentance did you provide in God commanding His love toward you while you are yet/still/as yet(did you catch that) a sinner....to be saved.

What now?

You tell God.

I did nothing and was undeserving.

Not what you, popsthebuilder, said. This is what you, popsthebuilder, said:
I had never heard the gospel when I was atheist. I didn't know it was God's will for me to be greived and sorrowed to the point of wishing for death, and recognizing my inability to wholly do what I knew was right on my own. I had no clue all I needed to do was hope of the Lord, and call to GOD for help. Really I don't even know if what I did was any sort of prerequisite at all, but I do know that I'd I had never hoped then I would have never received.

Show me a verse in the Bible that says that a UNbeliever who has never heard the Gospel must grieve and sorrow TO BE SAVED.

I don't expect you to know of sorrow or repentance. Count it a blessing.

For the BEliever when she/he does something that grieves the Holy Spirit, yes.

For the UNbeliever, simply proudness. (Hey, God, look at all the grieving and repentance I’m doing….)

lifeisgood

The Trinity helps us answer the question, "What was God doing before he created the universe?" Augustine's answer: "He was preparing Hell for people who ask questions like that!"

====

NWL

So I gather you reject Father, Son, Holy Spirit as being God. Got it.

You reject every single verse that shows you the Trinity/Triunity of God, that is your loss.

You're doing it again, how can I reject something when its yet to be explained!?

Again, if I say read from Gen 1 to Revelation 22 to learn that God is NOT a trinity, and you ask where and how does it say that, how stupid would I have to be to respond "You reject every single verse that shows you the Trinity/Triunity of God, that is your loss."

When you can actually demonstrate how the verse(s) teach a trinity is when you can then say I deny it.

====

Don't know why this has been posted. In any case, Augustine's answer is contradictory since Hell is part of the created universe.

lifeisgood

I provided 70 and you wanted only one.
I am so sorry. :nono:

lifeisgood

You're doing it again, how can I reject something when its yet to be explained!?

You have been given 70 verses and you said you will only accept one. Sorry, no can obey you.

Again, if I say read from Gen 1 to Revelation 22 to learn that God is NOT a trinity, and you ask where and how does it say that, how stupid would I have to be to respond "You reject every single verse that shows you the Trinity/Triunity of God, that is your loss."

When you can actually demonstrate how the verse(s) teach a trinity is when you can then say I deny it.

I will not waste YOUR time for you have rejected what the Bible say about God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) already.

Don't know why this has been posted. In any case, Augustine's answer is contradictory since Hell is part of the created universe.

This is the Trinity thread isn’t not. Not a question.

Augustine's answer is perfect for ignorant questions.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I tried to pm but have reached some memory quota. Deleting messages has yet to fix the issue.

So I am posting this here.

Sorry, thanks, peace

Mr. Mike,

please do not consider me against any perception man might receive of our Loving GOD.

I have two contrasting points.

Perhaps you could give your thoughts, by GOD, and not of our own vain imaginings.

I cannot justifiably believe that any man whatsoever should ever be literally equated to the literal fullness of GOD.
This is verified by much scripture.

The other point;

I cannot limit the capacities of GOD; If it was the will of GOD to manifest utterly and wholly into a human vessel, then who am I do deny such?

Equating man to GOD will and does lead to atrocity through entitlement.

Though I place the man Jesus under the subjection of the eternal GOD as he walked the earth in physical manifestation, I do consider the Christ of GOD to be synonymous with the Eternal GOD now as GOD is Spirit and the Spirit of Jesus did surely return to the right hand of GOD.

My fight is not against Jesus/ the Christ, but against the blinding of the potential of man who does follow and wish for the Will of GOD alone in their life, by the vanity and pride of mislead men.

I see no reason to divide any among Trinity/unity lines unless it is leading to entitlement, inequity, and pride/discrimination.

I wish you the very best Sir. I had wondered about you recently.

I am glad to see you are very well, and gladder still for the visit you did witness.

peace brother

Dear pops,

You're the best!! Thanks for replying to my post! I will have to answer tomorrow night because it is already 6a.m. here and I have an dental appt. today, so I must get to bed. I will be back soon. I have to get a few hours of sleep so I can wake up okay. It will take me a while to post back to you, so it will have to wait. Thanks Tons And May God's Love Fill Your Heart!!!

Michael

popsthebuilder

And how much did you help God with while you were yet/still/as yet(did you catch that) a sinner....to be saved.

None

As if the all powerful all knowing needed a thing from me.

What you seem to be missing is that though GOD saves whom is chosen by GOD....which, by the way, is each and every one of us; we must be made to see first, as the rich man(one consumed with the wants of the flesh) cannot hear the Word of GOD. indeed this must come first though it is technically of GOD as all is.

To say that GOD saves whomever based solely on the free gift is to say that god is evil as if those that don't hear aren't able to unless god forces them.

We must receive the free gift. And we are free to urs from it and even never be at a capacity to receive it; due to the works of our own hands and the wants of our own flesh.

peace

popsthebuilder

Not what you wrote. You said, I, popsthebuilder, while I was still a unbeliever I hoped, I repented…. You sound as gt.

And how much hope and repentance did you provide in God commanding His love toward you while you are yet/still/as yet(did you catch that) a sinner....to be saved.

You tell God.

Not what you, popsthebuilder, said. This is what you, popsthebuilder, said:

Show me a verse in the Bible that says that a UNbeliever who has never heard the Gospel must grieve and sorrow TO BE SAVED.

For the BEliever when she/he does something that grieves the Holy Spirit, yes.

For the UNbeliever, simply proudness. (Hey, God, look at all the grieving and repentance I’m doing….)
Never said must.... Only that it is what took place in my experience.

I was going to send you my testimony privately, but you have repeatedly declined; preparing still to assume very much.

I am sorry that I cannot and do not always convey what it is I wish so dearly to express.

I see no contradiction in my words; but please do show them to me clearly, and gently, as I am learning too, and do not care to ever lie; especially about such weighty matters.

NWL

Spoiler
Clipping some for readability:

No, my typing didn't quite convey what I meant. It can happen when you have a newborn and you get distracted. I'll be more precise: Jesus was not referring to older Israelite judges, rather he was referring to the Pharisees, who were the current Israelite judges. No dispute that he is targeting the Pharisees, I hope?

How did you get "false judges" out of that? This is very simple. I'll answer your thought process step by step, maybe it will help:

Q: If the Jews were accusing Jesus of being God, capital G, ....
A: Technically, they were accusing him of impersonating God, or taking liberties that only belonged to God. Actually accusing him of being God would have taken faith and comprehension beyond where they were at.

Christ's answer makes perfect sense. They say that he makes himself God, and he does not deny the charge. He says that he is their judge, the God that judges among the Gods. Jesus judges them, as God with a capital G. Their accusation of blasphemy is irrelevant against God Himself. What's wrong with your estimation of the situation is that Jesus somehow needed to protect himself from the Pharisees, as if he had a reason to be scared of them. This is the same Jesus that beheld Satan fall from heaven like lightning! This is the same Jesus that made the world. This is the same Jesus that says, before Abraham, I AM.

Of course your hypothetical version above makes no sense. He didn't say they were "pagan" gods. He said they were those gods, the corrupt princes who would die like men, that he would judge at the end of the world when he inherited the nations.

No, your version makes Jesus a little god that is a corrupt judge that will "die like men, and fall like one of the princes." Maybe you're forgetting this, but Jesus ROSE, and will inherit all nations. The GOD that judges among the gods, of verse 8.

He one upped them.

He did not deny that He made himself GOD, he PROVED that he made himself God, and told them that He would be judging them.

Are you forgetting how they reacted to the answer? They picked up stones again to stone him. If he had denied being God, and made himself a "little g" there would have been no stones. Jesus was NOT a Jehovah's Witness, Jesus was Jehovah in the flesh.

It does answer it. He isn't under their jurisdiction, and that's exactly what he said. You may not be familiar with this, but no matter what you are charged in a court of law, a challenge to the jurisdiction must be answered first. God is not to be judged by men, rather God judges men. You've somehow got in your mind that Jesus needed to play by their rules. He who raised the dead plays by His own rules and with His timing.

The Son of God is God manifest in the flesh. See Paul's writings in Hebrews when he describes what it means to be made like unto "the Son of God." Without beginning or end of days, abiding continually. Paul's an actual Jew and understands what the term means, better than someone born 2000 years too late, in a country on the other side of the globe.

(John 10:33-26 KJV)"..The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?[a] 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?.."

Please answer these questions:

What reason does Jesus state they were stoning him, because he called himself God or because he called himself Gods son?

As I have mentioned multiple times, do you agree that Jesus when referring to them as gods was talking about the divinely appoint order of Judges God ordained on the nation of Israel throughout history, but of course making reference to those specific pharisees at that point in time?

How did you get "false judges" out of that? This is very simple.

In one of your replies to me you stated regarding Jesus listnders in John 10:34 "[they] are the gods of the 82nd Psalm. God judges among the gods, but they are corrupt, but they shall die like men, but that God will inherit all nations. Did you forget that Jesus declared himself the judge of the quick and the dead? Jesus is the GOD of the 82nd Psalm. They are the gods that will die like men.".

You yourself stated they were corrupt judges/gods, therefore I used the word "false", I believe the word false judges can be a correct synonymous word for corrupt judges can it not? In any case It create no issue with what I was previously trying to express, something that you made no reply to, namely, how do Jesus words make sense in regards to what they said and how Jesus answered them?

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself God.
Jesus answer: Are you not corrupt judges/gods?

Jesus answer makes no sense in relaition to what they said. I get you claim that Jesus was trying to say he was God (even though Jesus doesn't claim he said this) and that he was judging them but this makes no sense in relation to the context. To make it easier try and paraphrase in short the Jews accusation along with what Jesus meant by his words, please do this for me as I have done above in orange.

Moreover what you claim Jesus said and what he actually said are two different things, where does Jesus say he claimed to be God? All Jesus does is quote a tiny portion of text, "are you not gods". You are imposing the God of Psalms 82 and assuming the God in it is Jesus, where does Jesus demonstrate this by what is said in John 10??

popsthebuilder

Dear pops,

You're the best!! Thanks for replying to my post! I will have to answer tomorrow night because it is already 6a.m. here and I have an dental appt. today, so I must get to bed. I will be back soon. I have to get a few hours of sleep so I can wake up okay. It will take me a while to post back to you, so it will have to wait. Thanks Tons And May God's Love Fill Your Heart!!!

Michael
Thank you very kind Sir; but we know I am nothing and noone.

Take all the time you need as haste helps nothing but to compound strife.

again;
peace brother

NWL

You have been given 70 verses and you said you will only accept one. Sorry, no can obey you.

I will not waste YOUR time for you have rejected what the Bible say about God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) already.

This is the Trinity thread isn’t not. Not a question.

Augustine's answer is perfect for ignorant questions.

If I told you the evidence against the trinity was from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22 would you accept that as proof that God is NOT a trinity?

lifeisgood

….What you seem to be missing is that though GOD saves whom is chosen by GOD....which, by the way, is each and every one of us

So, God saves everybody even those who reject Him. Got it.

As if the all powerful all knowing needed a thing from me.

Not what you said. This is what you said:
I didn't know it was God's will for me to be greived and sorrowed to the point of wishing for death, and, I, popsthebuilder, recognizing my inability to wholly do what I, popsthebuilder, knew was right on my own. I had no clue all I, popsthebuilder, needed to do was hope of the Lord, and call to GOD for help. Really I don't even know if what I did was any sort of prerequisite at all, but I do know that I'd I had never hoped then I would have never received.

Notice how it is all about, popsthebuilder, doings TO BE SAVED.

Where is that verse that says that God tells the UNbeliever to grieve and sorrow to the point of wishing for death, TO BE SAVED.

To say that GOD saves whomever based solely on the free gift is to say that god is evil as if those that don't hear aren't able to unless god forces them.

Therefore, I, popsthebuilder, having to ADD my own works to Jesus Christ and His already finished/completed work of the Cross of Calvary.

We must receive the free gift.

Yes, it is called belief. If you work for the gift it no longer is a gift.

And we are free to urs from it and even never be at a capacity to receive it; due to the works of our own hands and the wants of our own flesh.

????

Last edited:

lifeisgood

Spoiler

(John 10:33-26 KJV)"..The Jews answered Him, saying, “For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy, and because You, being a Man, make Yourself God.”34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods”’?[a] 35 If He called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), 36 do you say of Him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You are blaspheming,’ because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’?.."

Please answer these questions:

What reason does Jesus state they were stoning him, because he called himself God or because he called himself Gods son?

As I have mentioned multiple times, do you agree that Jesus when referring to them as gods was talking about the divinely appoint order of Judges God ordained on the nation of Israel throughout history, but of course making reference to those specific pharisees at that point in time?

In one of your replies to me you stated regarding Jesus listnders in John 10:34 "[they] are the gods of the 82nd Psalm. God judges among the gods, but they are corrupt, but they shall die like men, but that God will inherit all nations. Did you forget that Jesus declared himself the judge of the quick and the dead? Jesus is the GOD of the 82nd Psalm. They are the gods that will die like men.".

You yourself stated they were corrupt judges/gods, therefore I used the word "false", I believe the word false judges can be a correct synonymous word for corrupt judges can it not? In any case It create no issue with what I was previously trying to express, something that you made no reply to, namely, how do Jesus words make sense in regards to what they said and how Jesus answered them?

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself God.
Jesus answer: Are you not corrupt judges/gods?

Jesus answer makes no sense in relaition to what they said. I get you claim that Jesus was trying to say he was God (even though Jesus doesn't claim he said this) and that he was judging them but this makes no sense in relation to the context. To make it easier try and paraphrase in short the Jews accusation along with what Jesus meant by his words, please do this for me as I have done above in orange.

Moreover what you claim Jesus said and what he actually said are two different things, where does Jesus say he claimed to be God? All Jesus does is quote a tiny portion of text, "are you not gods". You are imposing the God of Psalms 82 and assuming the God in it is Jesus, where does Jesus demonstrate this by what is said in John 10??

You are not interested in The Truth.

No amount of explanation from such a puny no one as myself will convince you of anything.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) has to reach into your indoctrination for you to see Him and that is my prayer for you, that God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) reaches you the same way He reached me.

NWL

You are not interested in The Truth.

If you're only interested in making accusations that you cannot back up with actual words such as the one above and things like the trinity, then please refrain from talking to me.

This is a discussion forum, you clearly do not want to discuss anything but make baseless claims.