The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

marhig

As I have stated to you, I respond to what you write.

You can either accept what I write or you can continue to UNwrite what I write. That is your prerogative as it is mine to do the same with what you write, I can either accept what you write or I can continue to UNwrite what you write. It goes both ways in these our TOL battle grounds.
You can write whatsoever you like as long as you don't put down what you assume I'm thinking when you're completely wrong!

lifeisgood

Oh, then you can sort this issue out right now, show me the verse(s) that state God = the Father, Son and HS?

If the verse(s) explicitly show it then there's no need to say anything other than to cite the verses since they should clearly show that God is one who is three persons, right?

Lets see if you can do it this time or if your making the same absurd claims that you were before. Its one thing claiming something, but its a completely different story when it comes to showing it with you.

You are like the foolish ones who say, 'well, I want the verse that say exactly what I want to hear because if it does not say exactly like I demand it, I will not believe.' Just like Thomas, 'Until I do this and this and this, I, Thomas, choose not to believe.' It didn't matter the testimony of the ones who told Thomas, 'The Lord has resurrected. He is alive! We have seen Him!' Nah, said Thomas. For you, like Thomas, it does not matter the testimony of God's written Word. The Lord has to come up to you physically so that you can do this and this and this just like Thomas. You can take my response any way you like.

marhig

As I have stated previously to you, marhig, however, you seem to reject the notion, 'You, marhig, are not the boss of me.'
And you don't know my mind, so don't assume anything about me again please.

This my last post regarding this whatever you say!

lifeisgood

That's all you talk about, the cross, what about the life of Jesus and his teachings, how about talking about the gospel seeing as that is what Jesus came to do. Bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel?

Jesus came EXCLUSIVELY to die on the Cross of Calvary as the Father commissioned Him to do and that only at the TIME God told Him to die on the Cross of Calvary, while, He was waiting to receive the time from God, Jesus did many wonderful things to prove that He was God, for even the leaders could not but say, 'we have never seen somebody like this man.'

In Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary is The Life found. However, because you marhig, reject the blood of the Lamb, you can only see death death death and not life. What a shame. What a shame indeed.

For the preaching of Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work of the Cross is foolishness for those who willingly choose to perish....

Truster

That's all you talk about, the cross, what about the life of Jesus and his teachings, how about talking about the gospel seeing as that is what Jesus came to do. Bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel?

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of Elohim.​

NWL

You are like the foolish ones who say, 'well, I want the verse that say exactly what I want to hear because if it does not say exactly like I demand it, I will not believe.' Just like Thomas, 'Until I do this and this and this, I, Thomas, choose not to believe.' It didn't matter the testimony of the ones who told Thomas, 'The Lord has resurrected. He is alive! We have seen Him!' Nah, said Thomas. For you, like Thomas, it does not matter the testimony of God's written Word. The Lord has to come up to you physically so that you can do this and this and this just like Thomas. You can take my response any way you like.

No I'm not. You can't see that all I want is a verse that states what YOU claimed it states. I'm merely asking for you to back up what you claim. Remember YOU are the one that said it explicitly states the trinity. Yet when I ask for you to show me where it explicitly shows it you say I'm asking for a scripture that's too specific!? :confused:. If you say the scriptures explicitly teach the trinity what other type of scripture should I ask for other than one that teaches the trinity like you said it explicitly does, namely that God is one who is three persons?

Either the scripture explicitly teaches it or it doesn't, which is it? Are you telling me you can't show me verse that explicitly teaches the trinity even though you just said they explicitly teach the trinity?

I don't think you know what explicitly actually means.

God's Truth

If you do not know that you are or are not pleasing God, you have a problem.
The Holy Spirit will ALWAYS nudge one when He is not pleased with us.

You condemn those he personally saved and you claim this is from the Holy Spirit.

WE ARE told to watch our doctrine and our lives closely.

Stop acting as if you do not have to do that!

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

You act as if believers cannot be ensnared by the devil to believe and preach falseness.

lifeisgood

The trinity doctrine confuses people because it is not the truth.

The Trinity/Triunity doctrine confuses people because they CHOOSE to reject it.
If you choose to see it you can see God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) gloriously displayed all over His word.
Only those who reject what the Bible says will not see God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
It behooves us to believe what God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) has so graciously bestowed upon us --- His Salvation --- regardless if we want the Bible to say exactly what we want it to say.

God's Truth

I said no such thing.

BTW you cannot seek salvation. God seek us to save us. We, when He finds us, are going in our merry way straight to hell.

What a awesome, glorious, unfathomable God I serve that He came down to me for He knew that I, me, and myself, could never, ever go up to Him.

hahahahaha!

You said we cannot seek salvation!

Do you even care to check on what you say?

We are to seek God.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

God's Truth

Have you also sold everything you have? That's Jesus' command. Maybe your response is that that commandment is not for you either like gt says all the time and then demand vociferously that the UNbeliever has to obey all Jesus' commands exactly like she does. :nono:

You keep telling people that, but you still have not given the scripture where God commands everyone to do that.

Jesus came to earth and had an earthly ministry to tell us the commands and rules for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

Show where Jesus commands all to sell their home.

lifeisgood

You condemn those he personally saved and you claim this is from the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit did not save you. The Holy Spirit pulled you to look at Jesus Christ and His finished work at the Cross of Calvary, which is what saves anybody.

WE ARE told to watch our doctrine and our lives closely.

Wise advice.

Stop acting as if you do not have to do that!

Amazing how the devil always want a BEliever to stop talking about Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary. Don't you think?

I do NOT have TO DO anything TO BE SAVED for Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary has DONE EVERYTHING for me TO BE SAVED.

You, gt, say, "do, do, do" and then you will be saved.
Christ Jesus says "DONE, DONE, DONE" come and receive the gift of what I did at the Cross of Calvary for you, come and enter into MY rest, said Jesus.

1 Timothy 4:16 Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

So, now you are saying that Paul is saying that you save yourself. Think about it, gt. Think about it.

Paul is telling Timothy to be careful not to be taken away from the doctrine he, Paul, had already given him, Timothy.

One more example of you choosing to pluck a verse out of its original context and parrot a pretext.

You act as if believers cannot be ensnared by the devil to believe and preach falseness.

Only those who choose to take their eyes off Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary.

The devil HATES Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary; therefore, always trying to remove a BEliever from Him and what He did.

lifeisgood

You keep telling people that, but you still have not given the scripture where God commands everyone to do that.

Jesus came to earth and had an earthly ministry to tell us the commands and rules for the new covenant, and then he shed his blood on the cross for the new covenant.

Show where Jesus commands all to sell their home.

That is something you say you have to do, because you say you, gt, obey ALL Jesus' commands and Jesus commanded, 'sell all that you have.'

lifeisgood

hahahahaha!

You said we cannot seek salvation!

Do you even care to check on what you say?

I always check what I write and I stand by what I say, You cannot seek salvation. God comes seeking you to save you.

We are to seek God.

BELIEVERS are to seek God because now that God has saved them, we want to know more and more about the one who saved us.

1 Chronicles 28:9 "And you, my son Solomon, acknowledge the God of your father, and serve him with wholehearted devotion and with a willing mind, for the LORD searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek him, he will be found by you; but if you forsake him, he will reject you forever.

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Matthew 7:8
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Acts 17:27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us.

If you really took a deep breath and read the verses you provide, which are wonderful BTW, you would see that all of them are about God and what God does.

lifeisgood

No I'm not. You can't see that all I want is a verse that states what YOU claimed it states. I'm merely asking for you to back up what you claim. Remember YOU are the one that said it explicitly states the trinity. Yet when I ask for you to show me where it explicitly shows it you say I'm asking for a scripture that's too specific!? :confused:. If you say the scriptures explicitly teach the trinity what other type of scripture should I ask for other than one that teaches the trinity like you said it explicitly does, namely that God is one who is three persons?

Either the scripture explicitly teaches it or it doesn't, which is it? Are you telling me you can't show me verse that explicitly teaches the trinity even though you just said they explicitly teach the trinity?

I don't think you know what explicitly actually means.

Already answered and it was a waste of your time.

God's Truth

The UNbeliever cannot produce any work pleasing to God. That is the premise of gt's belief that the UNbeliever can produce good works pleasing to God FOR SALVATION.

Why do you keep saying unbelievers? What is wrong with you? I say an unbeliever can obey and a believer who is not yet saved can obey.