The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

Did you not say those things weren't for the salvation of man?

What is for the Salvation of man is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

If so then they cannot be a guidance or for their sake of the believer or the lost.

The ONLY way of Salvation provided by God is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

Last edited:

lifeisgood

You said it wasn't useful towards salvation.

Do I really need to go find the post?

I do agree that GOD finds us. That isn't the issue. The issue is what one does in response to being found and shown.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

The only thing that will produce Salvation is faith in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

Get a grip, popsthebuilder, you cannot do a minuscule thing to produce your own salvation; for Salvation is ALL of God and absolutely nothing of you, not even your faith belongs to you, for God has even provided that; otherwise, God would not be able to save you, had He not provided you with a measure of faith.

lifeisgood

How can you say I reject something that is yet to be established? You certainly can't say I've rejected the trinity doctrine according to the things you've shown since you've shown me nothing in relation to the teaching of the trinity.

Again, if you can show me a single scripture that teaches the trinity I'll renounce my faith as a JW and worship the God as a Trinity. Showing me a scripture that simply mentions the Father, Son and Holy Spirit together does not teach or show anything, it does not express that God is one who it three persons.

Do you admit the bible does not anywhere explicitly teach the trinity but you derive your understanding of the trinity from texts that seem to hint to a trinity?

The Bible explicitly teaches God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), you, NWL, reject what God says about Himself.

You, NWL, reject the Trinity/Triunity of God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit).
That is something you will have to take up with the Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) itself.

Truster

Just keep your assumptions to yourself from now on. And don't write here what "you" assume what I'm thinking! Because you're wrong!

They are not assumptions they are facts that anyone with eyes to see can understand from the lies you continually post and agree with.

lifeisgood

1 Samuel 8:7, Matthew 10:40...Study up! :thumb:

So, now, NWL can also save mankind.
sarcasm_zpsyhibrsjs.png

lifeisgood

No.... Her pretense is that one can sincerely desire to turn from what they perceive to be wrong though they may have yet to have been blessed with faith by the will mercy and grace of GOD.

One can hope on repentance and help without knowing either to be true.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Incorrect, gt, pretense is that a UNBELIEVER can OBEY Jesus' commandments TO BE SAVED.

How can a UNBELIEVER hope on repentance? What is the object of their hope for their repentance? What kind of repentance are they providing?, to what end? Repent toward what?

When you were a UNBELIEVER how much repentance did you provide to God? As a UNBELIEVER to which god did you present your repentance to. Think about it, popsthebuilder.

marhig

What is for the Salvation of man is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.

The ONLY what of Salvation provided by God is Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary EXCLUSIVELY.
Here we go again 30 pages of the same thing over and over. Death death death and no life!

NWL

Jesus did say that the scripture said "ye are gods" referring to the Pharisees. His context is not about Israelite judges, but had application to the then and there.

I'll have to correct you on this. Jesus was making a reference to them being Israelite Judges, I think you've forgotten, that John 10:34 is a quotation, Jesus is quoting the OT. This is evident since he said "Is it not written in your Law"just before saying "you are gods".

"..Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’?.. (John 10:34)

Jesus was quoting the law, namely the OT. It is widely known and accepted by scholars that Jesus quote in John 10:34 is in reference to Psalms 82:1,6, moreover Psalms 82:1,6 is in reference to Exodus 18:21, 22. You go onto to mention this so don't know why later say its NOT in relation to the judges, there were no other divinely appointed men other than there judges.

Jesus was making a point stating that they were these gods.

Read the Psalm that he is quoting. The are the gods of the 82nd Psalm. God judges among the gods, but they are corrupt, but they shall die like men, but that God will inherit all nations. Did you forget that Jesus declared himself the judge of the quick and the dead? Jesus is the GOD of the 82nd Psalm. They are the gods that will die like men.

Again, then Jesus makes no sense. If Jesus was calling them false judges then it makes no sense it relation to what the Jews were saying to him. If the Jews were accusing Jesus of being God, capital G, then how does a response of "are you not false gods" make sense. Jesus was NOT making a separate statement he was ANSWERING them, they were accusing him of something and he was making a response in relation to that accusation, John 10:34 "Jesus answered them". Jesus answering to them "you are false gods" makes no sense when compared to what the Jews said. Again:

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself God.
Jesus answer: Are you not false Gods?

Jesus answer to them makes no sense when viewed your way.

If the Jews said this "We are stoning you..for you, although being a man, make yourself God a god" and Jesus replied "are you not gods" then it makes perfect sense, since its clear that Jesus was comparing himself to a divinely appointment person that those judges spoken of in Psalms 82:1,6 were. Viewing the scripture in any other way makes Jesus stupid.

The Jews accusation: You Jesus make yourself a god.
Jesus answer: Are you not gods?

Again please answer me, how does Jesus "answer" of "are you not false gods" answer the charge for blasphemny. Remember the scripture states Jesus was "answering them", thus you need to explain how you interpretation makes sense in relation to the accusation and the answer Jesus gave.

How does it answer the charge of blasphemy? GOD HIMSELF is IMMUNE TO CHARGES OF BLASPHEMY!

This Circular and relying on a false premise to support your point. God is immune to charges of blasphemy but the scriptures state Jesus was "answering" the charge, thus you need to live with this fact and explain how Jesus answer makes sense in relation to the accusation regardless if Jesus is God or not. God is still capable of deny a charge of blasphemy, I'm asking you to look at what Jesus said an deduce from his answer to see if what he said makes sense in relation to how God would answer the charge.

You must have a mental block here. Jesus declared himself God, and THAT'S why they wanted to stone him. Did you miss that part?

No he didn't, you have to be illietrate to claim such a thing, Jesus was making a claim that he was Gods son, not God.

(John 10:34-36) "..Jesus answered them: “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I said: “You are gods”’? 35 If he called ‘gods’ those against whom the word of God came—and yet the scripture cannot be nullified— 36 do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?.."

Jesus made the claim he was "Gods son", that's what the Jews were stoning him for. The Jews weren't stoning Jesus because he called himself God, but because he said the Father was his Dad.

(John 10:18,19,24,29,31,33,36) No man takes it away from me, but I surrender it of my own initiative. I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again. This commandment I received from my Father.” 19 A division again resulted among the Jews because of these words...Then the Jews surrounded him and began to say to him: “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.”... What my Father has given me is something greater than all other things, and no one can snatch them out of the hand of the Father. I and the Father are one...Once again the Jews picked up stones to stone him...The Jews answered him: “We are stoning you, not for a fine work, but for blasphemy; for you, although being a man, make yourself God (or a god).”...do you say to me whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, ‘You blaspheme,’ because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

lifeisgood

And you don't know me, so don't make assumptions as to what I'm thinking and post them online when I'm thinking nothing of the sort, it's just your wrong mind assuming so!

I make no assumptions, marhig, I respond to what you chose to write in these our TOL battle grounds.

lifeisgood

Here we go again 30 pages of the same thing over and over. Death death death and no life!

I, lifeisgood, see nothing else but Life, Life, Life, and no death in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary! However, I know without a shadow of a doubt that you, marhig, only see death death death and no life as you have just stated above.

NWL

The Bible explicitly teaches God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit), you, NWL, reject what God says about Himself.

Oh, then you can sort this issue out right now, show me the verse(s) that state God = the Father, Son and HS?

If the verse(s) explicitly show it then there's no need to say anything other than to cite the verses since they should clearly show that God is one who is three persons, right?

Lets see if you can do it this time or if your making the same absurd claims that you were before. Its one thing claiming something, but its a completely different story when it comes to showing it with you.

lifeisgood

You even said that you were making an assumption about me! As I said, keep them to yourself, you are wrong!

As I have stated to you, I respond to what you write.

You can either accept what I write or you can continue to UNwrite what I write. That is your prerogative as it is mine to do the same with what you write, I can either accept what you write or I can continue to UNwrite what you write. It goes both ways in these our TOL battle grounds.

marhig

I, lifeisgood, see nothing else but Life, Life, Life, and no death in Jesus Christ and His finished/completed work on the Cross of Calvary! However, I know without a shadow of a doubt that you, marhig, only see death death death and no life as you have just stated above.
That's all you talk about, the cross, what about the life of Jesus and his teachings, how about talking about the gospel seeing as that is what Jesus came to do. Bare witness to the truth and preach the gospel?