The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

No, what I said was about you, gt, not knowing what kind of faith James is talking about because you simply pluck a verse you like out of its original CONTEXT and then you parrot a pretext.

You are not honest. You said:

"No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.
They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said."

This is what James says:

"You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did."

lifeisgood

You are not honest. You said:

"No, their faith was not made complete by what they did.
They acted BECAUSE their faith was already COMPLETE on what God said."

This is what James says:

"You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did."

You, gt, have no idea of what kind of faith James is talking about.

Spoiler
Jesus’ prayer reveals that He existed as a distinct, eternal person with His Father in eternity past. In fact, Hebrews 13:8 tells us that, like the Father, Jesus never had a beginning. “Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever.”

In other words, there never was a time when Jesus Christ existed in a different mode of God or as a different person. When He took on humanity, His deity remained the same.

[MENTION=4465]Bright Raven[/MENTION]

I do not have time to go through such an enormously long tread. Let me state what I understand you to believe so that I do not get your stance on the Trinity incorrect.

1. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are eternal beings.
  2. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are separate beings.
  3. You believe that Both Jesus and the Father are perfect beings.

Once you reply, I will be able to further develop a conversation with you without trying to assume what you believe.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I do not have time to go through such an enormously long tread. Let me state what I understand you to believe so that I do not get your stance on the Trinity incorrect.

1. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are eternal beings.
  2. You believe that both Jesus and the Father are separate beings.
  3. You believe that Both Jesus and the Father are perfect beings.

Once you reply, I will be able to further develop a conversation with you without trying to assume what you believe.

Correct

Have you considered the fact that it is impossible for two eternal, perfect beings to co-exist?

One would have to end in order for the other to begin which would make both beings lack something, and therefore, neither being could then be perfect.

Rosenritter

Nope... but totally confused, you sound.

Not if they're a bad as the "example" that you gave.

• We weren't talking about "Jesus" and "Christ"
  • Jesus IS THE Christ.
  • Once again you're confusing words where their meaning is CLEAR from the Bible

Your "modern" application is to twist the Bible into a pretzel based on your contempt for it.

I'm not going to "debate" that ANOINTED and SAVIOR are NOT the same word. That is CLEAR to anyone without a preconceived need to say otherwise.

Jesus is:
  • The Word
  • The Christ
  • The Son of God
  • The King of Kings
  • The Lord of Lords
  • The Door
  • The Good Shepard
  • and many, many more.
That He is ALL of these things does NOT make all of these WORDS synonymous.

I have no intent in participating in a bicker-fest, but are you sure "King of Kings" is not a synonym of "Lord of Lords?"

Rosenritter

God disproves you.
Deut. 6:4 Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our Eloheem[PLURAL] is one[SINGULAR] Jehovah.

It seems to me that Elohim would mean the LORD of Hosts, and the plural sense is applicable because he represents Himself and the host of heaven. The clarification is made in that statement above, that in truth the one named Jehovah is really a singular entity, not a plurality. That's a statement of Oneness and Unity, not a statement of plurality.

popsthebuilder

When you first jumped into my conversation with gt, you missed that we were talking about TO BE SAVED. You would have to go back from the beginning to see why you are totally confused about my responses.
No. I know what it is to be saved and have been observing the conversation for some time. I am not confused and again implore you to substantiate your claims that the work of Jesus the Christ of GOD is not intended as a guidance and example for the believer. It has nothing to do with gt.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

popsthebuilder

Yeah I know, he believes like you. Working your little fingers off to be saved.
My salvation means little to me if you must know.

I will ask you again to please stop assuming things about me.

I never said I was responsible for my reception of faith. That is just how it happened.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk