The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

What do you think about this verse

Hebrews 12:4 kjv

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Niv

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

The Lord doesn’t call upon Believers to go to the Cross and shed their blood, regarding the resistance of sin. Jesus has already done that for us.

Rosenritter

Why? You believe because you hear the word 'Muslim' you do not have to dignify and answer their questions.

You yourself, marhig, have asked the same questions Muslims are asking there and real CHRISTIANS have taken their time to answer them, which I would assume you would not do because Muslims do not deserve being talked to per your doctrine.

That site is about CHRISTIANS answering questions posited by Muslims and others, such as yourself.

OK, I looked at the site you gave.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_having_a_god.htm

I don't understand how it is answers the question (and I am not a hostile witness). If you understand it, that is wonderful, could you please use this to form your own answer to the question in a way that is concise and easy to read?

Rosenritter

What do you think about this verse

Hebrews 12:4 kjv

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Niv

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

It means realize that Jesus was crucified and died resisting evil, and anyone in his audience that reads this hasn't gone through that level of resistance yet.

lifeisgood

That is right, Jesus says to believe.

If you believe then you are OBEYING.

No, gt, you are simply BELIEVING Him.

Jesus says to believe and then you do how do you ever get that it is not obeying?

Jesus says to, and so does Paul, but you go against God.

AFTER you believe in Him then the Holy Spirit comes in and teaches you what to obey.

Many people do not believe and they obey what they read.

Have you seen JWs lately?
Have you seen Mormons lately?

I could mention others but these are the ones who come obeying that Jesus said ‘go two by two’; however, they do not believe Him. Think on that for a little while.

popsthebuilder

Oh, c'mon popsthebuilder. Comments such as yours irks me to no end.

Had you taken the courtesy of going and check it out, you would know that that place is about Muslims asking questions of Christians and a group of Christians answering them so that Muslims can learn of what our glorious Lord Jesus Christ did for them if they only call upon His name.

Or maybe you do not believe that Muslims deserve to hear the glorious gospel of our Lord Christ Jesus.

At least be courteous and see what that site is all about. Maybe even YOU will learn something about what you believe.

Like I said; I don't generally click on links.

Thanks for the brief description. It is always good to attempt to come together peaceably between brothers or neighbors or enemies, attempting to reconcile and amend seeming differences in what is in reality, the same thing to some extent; faith in GOD.

I'm sorry you don't like the fact that I don't like to click on links, but I really think that is my business.

You still haven't really answered my question though, and I don't really understand how any link can really be too pertinent to the conversation at hand anyway.

Why would you say that I don't think those who attempt to submit to the Will of GOD are deserving of the truth? That is contrary to my personal belief that salvation and return to the heavenly abode is available to all. It too is against scripture, and really seems like an overly defensive low blow, but I get it.... things are reciprocal and I did reach with response to your link, so...

I guess that's enough....

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

marhig

It means realize that Jesus was crucified and died resisting evil, and anyone in his audience that reads this hasn't gone through that level of resistance yet.

Why would we have to shed our natural blood to strive against sin?

Sorry I'm just leaving, I'll be back later thanks.

lifeisgood

OK, I looked at the site you gave.
http://www.answering-islam.org/Shamoun/q_jesus_having_a_god.htm

I don't understand how it is answers the question (and I am not a hostile witness). If you understand it, that is wonderful, could you please use this to form your own answer to the question in a way that is concise and easy to read?

No, Rosenritter, a person has to go through it all (not being hostile). Sometimes it takes me days to go through all that one author (and there are many) is saying on a particular issue for the author to be able to answer a question that should have been easy to answer, but they have to go letter by letter, word by word, concept by concept, etc. because the meaning of the words of the one asking and ours are so totally incompatible, that it is impossible to give a one paragraph answer.

popsthebuilder

That all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son [just as they honor the Father] does not honor the Father, who sent him.

As I said, YOU, NWL, do not want to really know.
You feign desire to know, but you really, honesty, do not want to know.

You might even learn something about what you believe. http://www.answering-islam.org/authors/shamoun/jesus_not_michael.html

There is no doubt that the Son was the fullness of the FATHER to the extent and capacity of the human vessel or temple. That is not literally synonymous with the utter fullness of the eternal GOD which is Spirit, but He was given the countenance of the Father.

That verse speaks nothing of the Spirit which is the self same spirit. That verse doesn't speak for the Trinity, it speaks for the Son of GOD.

God's Truth

There is not one verse in the whole of the Bible that declares that the Father came as a man.

The scriptures say there is ONLY ONE GOD AND HE IS THE FATHER.

Since Jesus is God, then he is ALSO the Father.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

1 Corinthians 8:6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

lifeisgood

Like I said; I don't generally click on links.

Ok don’t.

Thanks for the brief description. It is always good to attempt to come together peaceably between brothers or neighbors or enemies, attempting to reconcile and amend seeming differences in what is in reality, the same thing to some extent; faith in GOD.

You’re welcome

I'm sorry you don't like the fact that I don't like to click on links, but I really think that is my business.

That was not my problem.

It is the dismissiveness that irks me.

You still haven't really answered my question though, and I don't really understand how any link can really be too pertinent to the conversation at hand anyway.

The link answered your question in a way that I would never be able to.

Why would you say that I don't think those who attempt to submit to the Will of GOD are deserving of the truth? That is contrary to my personal belief that salvation and return to the heavenly abode is available to all. It too is against scripture, and really seems like an overly defensive low blow, but I get it.... things are reciprocal and I did reach with response to your link, so...

Never said that. That is something you infer from what I said.

God's Truth

Why pray to God if he is God? That's nonsense!

You did not read it correctly.
Who should a man pray to? Shouldn't a man pray to God the Father in heaven?

Of course a man should pray to God the Father in heaven. God really came AS A MAN and you are confused that HE, AS A MAN, should pray to the Father in heaven!

John 12:30
In response, Jesus said, "This voice was not for My benefit, but yours.

God didn't come as a man, he came in a man he was in his fullness in Christ Jesus bodily. Jesus was in the express image of God, but he isn't God
You are badly mistaken. The scriptures say plainly that Jesus CAME FROM HEAVEN.
Jesus went up to heaven and that is where he came from.

John 3:13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

John 6:62
Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

God's Truth

There is no doubt that the Son was the fullness of the FATHER to the extent and capacity of the human vessel or temple. That is not literally synonymous with the utter fullness of the eternal GOD which is Spirit, but He was given the countenance of the Father.

That verse speaks nothing of the Spirit which is the self same spirit. That verse doesn't speak for the Trinity, it speaks for the Son of GOD.

Do you believe though that there are three?

Right Divider

Body part
GT is sometimes difficult to have a conversation with, and I won't say that her logic is always bulletproof, but you choose a bad example for illustration. Savior and messiah are synonyms.

mes·si·ah
məˈsīə/
noun

• 1. the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
  • 2. a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.
    "he was regarded as a messiah by liberal and conservatives alike"

If you wanted to address a specific example, it would be better to find an example that exhibits a mistake, rather than correctness.
Firstly, no they are not "synonyms". That "definition" is NOT Biblical in the slightest. It is someone's preconceived idea of what it means.

Messiah means ANOINTED. The SAME Hebrew word appears 38 times in the Hebrew scriptures and 36 times it is translated ANOINTED.... twice it is translated MESSIAH.

Savior means RESCUER or DELIVERER.

That you think like GT shows your illogical "reasoning" as well.

Believe the Bible and ditch the contrived "dictionary".

Last edited: