The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

lifeisgood

The blood of Christ is on my doorposts! Anyway, I don't believe as you so and we've been over this many times! So there's no point in going over it all again!

Yes, I know you do not believe that the Bible says that it is the blood of the perfect sacrifice that saves. The perfect animal sacrifice in OT being a foreshadow of Jesus Christ and the Cross of Calvary. You would not have applied the blood of the sacrifice then on the doorposts of your house; therefore, allowing death to come in.

God's plan of salvation has not changed since before the foundation of the world to now.
It is always the blood and nothing else that saves.

lifeisgood

God was saving through Christ by his word, as I said we don't agree on this. You only see death, I see life!

au contraire, marhig, I see nothing but life in Christ Jesus and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

If Christ Jesus had not gone to the Cross of Calvary, which He could have decided not to, there would be no life for lifeisgood in absolute.

marhig

Yes, I know you do not believe that the Bible says that it is the blood of the perfect sacrifice that saves. The perfect animal sacrifice in OT being a foreshadow of Jesus Christ and the Cross of Calvary. You would not have applied the blood of the sacrifice then on the doorposts of your house; therefore, allowing death to come in.

God's plan of salvation has not changed since before the foundation of the world to now.
It is always the blood and nothing else that saves.
Jesus was a perfect living sacrifice, he sacrificed his whole life for us, he laid down his life to do the will of God and he bore witness to the truth, he denied his will, never sinning and showed us how to live before God, in a new and living way. He is the only way, the truth and the life, and the only way to the father is through him.

And all those who truly follow him, should be willing to lay down their lives for others, become a living sacrifice and live by the will of God, and Christ by the power of the Spirit will help us to overcome our flesh and this world of sin.

lifeisgood

No I'm not interested because I'm not a Muslim. So why would I read anything that answers Islam?

Why? You believe because you hear the word 'Muslim' you do not have to dignify and answer their questions.

You yourself, marhig, have asked the same questions Muslims are asking there and real CHRISTIANS have taken their time to answer them, which I would assume you would not do because Muslims do not deserve being talked to per your doctrine.

That site is about CHRISTIANS answering questions posited by Muslims and others, such as yourself.

marhig

au contraire, marhig, I see nothing but life in Christ Jesus and what He did at the Cross of Calvary.

If Christ Jesus had not gone to the Cross of Calvary, which He could have decided not to, there would be no life for lifeisgood in absolute.
Jesus was willing for whatsoever was set before him, God knew what Satan would do to Jesus, and he foretold it through the prophets. And Jesus was willing to go through it all to bare witness to the truth and save as many as he could through the gospel of God. And by taking whatsoever Satan did to him and showing forgiveness and mercy he overcame satan's evil with good. Even forgiving those who crucified him, this enduring to the end and overcoming Satan and this world.

And when Jesus prayed to God he asked him to forgive those that crucified him. So that shows is that it was sinful to murder him. And they pleased not God!

marhig

Why? You believe because you hear the word 'Muslim' you do not have to dignify and answer their questions.

You yourself, marhig, have asked the same questions Muslims are asking there and real CHRISTIANS have taken their time to answer them, which I would assume you would not do because Muslims do not deserve being talked to per your doctrine.

That site is about CHRISTIANS answering questions posited by Muslims and others, such as yourself.
Not at all, I'm saying that the link that you have given me answers people who are Muslims, I'm not. Don't twist my words, I have nothing against Muslims whatsoever!

And I've got the Bible and God answers all I need to know, I have complete faith in him!

Rosenritter

I was waiting for that, and no, you are wrong, I do believe in the blood, I've never said I don't. I don't see it as it do and don't believe that Jesus being scourged, humiliated and crucified saves anyone! Life saves, and we are saved by his life!

We are saved by the grace of God, through faith. Jesus was saving before he was murdered!

Rom 5:8-10
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Christ's spilled blood is symbolic of his absorbing the penalty of all our transgressions upon himself. I would say that was part of the act of saving in the way that God chose to convey it to us. Paul also goes on to say that we are saved by his life. I wouldn't say that these statements are incompatible, rather they should be complementary.

lifeisgood

Jesus was a perfect living sacrifice

Jesus is God's only perfect sacrifice PERIOD.

His life did not save anyone.
His many miracles did not save anyone.
His many healings did not save anyone.
His expounding of the written word did not save anyone.

HIS SHED BLOOD ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY rent the veil from top to bottom taking away the separation between man and God bring about God's salvation.

Reject the blood and you reject God's salvation, exactly the same if you did not smear the blood of the perfect animal representing Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's plan of salvation has not changed since before the foundation of the world.
It was the blood of the perfect sacrifice then.
It is the blood of the perfect sacrifice now.
It will always be the blood of the perfect sacrifice.

Rosenritter

GT is completely illogical and impossible to actually have communication with.

Here is an example of GT's fallacious reasoning:
  • Jesus is called the Savior
  • Jesus is also called the Messiah
  • Therefore, Savior and Messiah mean exactly the same thing.
You can't possibly dialog with someone that things this wrongly.

GT is sometimes difficult to have a conversation with, and I won't say that her logic is always bulletproof, but you choose a bad example for illustration. Savior and messiah are synonyms.

mes·si·ah
məˈsīə/
noun

• 1. the promised deliverer of the Jewish nation prophesied in the Hebrew Bible.
  • 2. a leader or savior of a particular group or cause.
    "he was regarded as a messiah by liberal and conservatives alike"

If you wanted to address a specific example, it would be better to find an example that exhibits a mistake, rather than correctness.

marhig

Rom 5:8-10
(8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
(9) Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
(10) For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Christ's spilled blood is symbolic of his absorbing the penalty of all our transgressions upon himself. I would say that was part of the act of saving in the way that God chose to convey it to us. Paul also goes on to say that we are saved by his life. I wouldn't say that these statements are incompatible, rather they should be complementary.
What do you think about this verse

Hebrews 12:4 kjv

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

Niv

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

marhig

Jesus is God's only perfect sacrifice PERIOD.

His life did not save anyone.
His many miracles did not save anyone.
His many healings did not save anyone.
His expounding of the written word did not save anyone.

HIS SHED BLOOD ON THE CROSS OF CALVARY rent the veil from top to bottom taking away the separation between man and God bring about God's salvation.

Reject the blood and you reject God's salvation, exactly the same if you did not smear the blood of the perfect animal representing Jesus Christ and His work on the Cross of Calvary.

God's plan of salvation has not changed since before the foundation of the world.
It was the blood of the perfect sacrifice then.
It is the blood of the perfect sacrifice now.
It will always be the blood of the perfect sacrifice.
You at his life didn't save anyone? That's not what the Bible says!

Romans 5

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life

lifeisgood

Not at all, I'm saying that the link that you have given me answers people who are Muslims, I'm not. Don't twist my words, I have nothing against Muslims whatsoever!

And I've got the Bible and God answers all I need to know, I have complete faith in him!

You said that Jesus has a God. Muslims ask the same question all the time. Christians on that site answered the questions posited by Muslims and yourself, which you did not even dignify yourself to check out.

Here is what you marhig said:

No I'm not interested because I'm not a Muslim. So why would I read anything that answers Islam?

Here is my answer to you, marhig, Because YOU HAVE THE SAME QUESTIONS as the Muslims have and it would take that whole site to answer your own questions.

lifeisgood

You at his life didn't save anyone? That's not what the Bible says!

Romans 5

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life

ANOTHER ONE that does not READ for COMPREHENSION.

marhig

You said that Jesus has a God. Muslims ask the same question all the time. Christians on that site answered the questions posited by Muslims and yourself, which you did not even dignify yourself to check out.

Here is what you marhig said:

Here is my answer to you, marhig, Because YOU HAVE THE SAME QUESTIONS as the Muslims have and it would take that whole site to answer your own questions.
Ah right, actually I haven't got any questions regarding the cross, you're the one asking me why I believe as I do. I don't believe as you do.

Anyway I'm just off to my house meeting

lifeisgood

What is there to understand? It's clear as crystal we are saved by the life of Jesus! You said we're not, the Bible says we are!

Anyway, I'm off out.

It is not speaking of His Perfect Life, but rather the pouring out of His Life’s Blood at Calvary.

We are saved by the shed blood.

lifeisgood

Jesus was willing for whatsoever was set before him, God knew what Satan would do to Jesus, and he foretold it through the prophets. And Jesus was willing to go through it all to bare witness to the truth and save as many as he could through the gospel of God. And by taking whatsoever Satan did to him and showing forgiveness and mercy he overcame satan's evil with good. Even forgiving those who crucified him, this enduring to the end and overcoming Satan and this world.

And when Jesus prayed to God he asked him to forgive those that crucified him. So that shows is that it was sinful to murder him. And they pleased not God!

Ah, a Universalist. Maybe even Satan is going to be saved per your doctrine.

God's Truth

He said to BELIEVE.
That is right, Jesus says to believe.

If you believe then you are OBEYING.

Jesus says to believe and then you do how do you ever get that it is not obeying?

No, gt, believing is NOT obeying.

I do not believe that the Bible declares for you to hope, to have faith, to believe in your own repentance so then God will accept you. Don't think that is what the Bible declares.

Jesus says to, and so does Paul, but you go against God.