The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Rosenritter

Christ is our saviour, and he reconciles to God through the gospel, although the word is not his own, he says this himself. But what he speaks he receives from the father and only speaks what the father gives him to speak.Jesus is the way, the truth and the life and the only way to the father is through him.

As you say, it says in the Bible there is only one mediator between God and man and our mediator is the man Christ Jesus. So Christ isn't God as he is the mediator between us and God. And when we pray we pray to the father through him, everything is now done through Christ, because God has set Christ at his right hand and has given him authority over everything in heaven and in earth.

But I would have you know that the head of every man in Christ and the head of the woman is the man and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3).

Aren't God and Christ actually titles and positions that have meaning? My point being is that in a sense God may not be Christ and Christ may not be God, in the same sense that Sheriff is not Judge and Judge is not Sheriff. The point being here is that while roles may not be identical to each other, the same person might fill both roles.

Jesus can be both LORD and Christ.

God's Truth

I think you would firstly need to show me how the scriptures don't allow for God to appoint an spirit/angel above everything and allows mankind to be redeemed through that spirit/angel. Your question is a loaded question where the respondent has to already have assumed that one of Gods spirit/angel is incapable of not being exalted enough to save mankind.

If you were to ask me why I personally believe Jesus is Michael I can answer, but such a loaded question requires some facts to be establish before answering.

No, no one has to consider answering what you say has to be answered first.

Tell me how an angel's spirit can be in the thousands and thousands that are saved.

Only the Spirit of God can do that.

Tell me how God the Father and Jesus Christ live inside the saved when we are only given one Spirit.

God's Truth

And someone that said she cannot find a verse in the Bible that says that Jesus is an Archangel.

We are to be the temple and abode of God (2 Corinthians 6:16).
It is done through the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-11).

To the degree that God and Christ Jesus dwell in us depends on the degree we follow the leading of the Holy Spirit.

God is Spirit, Jesus is Spirit, we are only given one Spirit, there is only one Spirit.

So with that information from the scriptures, tell me how Jesus is not God the Father come in the flesh.

God's Truth

Through the Holy Spirit (Romans 8:9-11).

Hahahahaha There is only one Spirit. The Father and Jesus are that one and only Divine Spirit. Now tell us all how the Father himself lives in us and the Spirit of the Son himself lives in us.

You say by the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit is a distinct/different Spirit than the Father and the Son.

lol

Bible says there is only one Spirit and no scripture anywhere says the Holy Spirit is different and a proxy for the Father and Jesus! lol

The. Father. Himself. lives. in. the. saved.
Jesus. himself. lives. in. the. saved.
The. Holy Spirit. lives. in. the. saved.
There. is. only. one. Spirit.

Try to figure it out.

God's Truth

Perhaps you have reading comprehension issues. There is no need to revisit questions implied or asked that were thoroughly answered in my one-on-one debate with you. It stands as a constant reminder of how far outside the camp you currently reside. Sigh.

AMR

You have images of grandeur of yourself and the debate we had.

You like to tell others repeatedly about that debate, but you do not like to explain to us what you claim God says.

I can't stop talking about His Truth.

You didn't answer in that debate and you still don't answer.

lifeisgood

We have to do what Jesus says to do to be saved.

Yes. Believe in Him or at least believe His works. That's what He said. Nothing about obeying to be saved.

He is the Way his words are life.

Yes. Salvation is all of Him and nothing of us.

“Christ…suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God” (1 Peter 3:18).

“Whoever does not believe is condemned already....the wrath of God remains on him” (John 3:18, 36).

“he gave his only Son” (John 3:16).

“Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us” (Galatians 3:13).

God “loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation”—the wrath-absorbing substitute—“for our sins” (1 John 4:10).

God's Truth

BTW: God does not need my defending. He defends Himself all by Himself. Thank you very much.

You don't speak as the saved speak.

We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Here are some reasons, from the bible, to support debating.

Acts 4:20 For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.

Acts 9:29 He talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him.

Acts 15:1 Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved." This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Acts 18:28
For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

2 Corinthians 3:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope that it is plain to your conscience.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Paul opposes Peter. See Galatians 2:11-21

Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Ephesians 4:11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Philippians 1:7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.

1 Timothy 4:6 If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.

2 Timothy 2:25-26 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Titus 1:9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Titus 1:13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

Jude 3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.

lifeisgood

God is Spirit, Jesus is Spirit, we are only given one Spirit, there is only one Spirit.

So with that information from the scriptures, tell me how Jesus is not God the Father come in the flesh.

God is spirit. Jesus is not spirit.

Then Jesus was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil (Matthew 4:1).

Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led around by the Spirit in the wilderness (Luke 4:1).

He who has received his testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for he gives the Spirit without measure (John 3:33,34).

But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own initiative, but whatever he hears, he will speak; and he will disclose to you what is to come. He will glorify me, for he will take of mine and will disclose it to you. All things that the Father has are mine; therefore I said that he takes of mine and will disclose it to you (John 16:13-16).

Scripture makes a distinction between the Son and the Holy Spirit as can be seen by the above verses.

Jesus was led of the Spirit – He did not lead Himself.

Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit – He was NOT filled with Himself.

The Bible say Jesus was given the Holy Spirit.

Besides, the Bible says that the Holy Spirit will testify of Jesus NOT of Himself.

There is not one verse in the Bible that states Jesus to be the Holy Spirit.

lifeisgood

You don't speak as the saved speak.

Spoiler

We are to debate, even in public debate. We are to argue, vigorously refute, sharply dispute, persuade, oppose, defend, confirm, command, preach, teach, instruct, rebuke, encourage, and contend.

Here are some reasons, from the bible, to support debating.

Acts 4:20 For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.

Acts 9:29 He talked and debated with the Grecian Jews, but they tried to kill him.

Acts 15:1 Some men came down from Judea to Antioch and were teaching the brothers: "Unless you are circumcised, according to the custom taught by Moses, you cannot be saved." This brought Paul and Barnabas into sharp dispute and debate with them. So Paul and Barnabas were appointed, along with some other believers, to go up to Jerusalem to see the apostles and elders about this question.

Acts 18:28
For he vigorously refuted the Jews in public debate, proving from the Scriptures that Jesus was the Christ.

Acts 19:8-9 Paul entered the synagogue and spoke boldly there for three months, arguing persuasively about the kingdom of God. But some of them became obstinate: they refused to believe and publicly maligned the Way. So Paul left them.

2 Corinthians 3:11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men. What we are is plain to God, and I hope that it is plain to your conscience.

2 Corinthians 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10

Paul opposes Peter. See Galatians 2:11-21

Galatians 4:16 Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?

Ephesians 4:11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Philippians 1:7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God's grace with me.

1 Timothy 1:3-4 As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain men not to teach false doctrines any longer nor to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. These promote controversies rather than God's work—which is by faith.

1 Timothy 4:6 If you point these things out to the brothers, you will be a good minister of Christ Jesus, brought up in the truths of the faith and of the good teaching that you have followed.

2 Timothy 2:25-26 Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.

Titus 1:9 He must hold firmly to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.

Titus 1:13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith

Jude 3 Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints.
Spoiler

Debate or preach the word, gt, not defend God.

God does not need you to defend Him.
God does not need me to defend Him.

He who created the world and all that is in it has the power to defend Himself all by Himself. Thank you very much.

God's Truth

God is spirit. Jesus is not spirit.

Then how did Jesus come from heaven? LOL

Ephesians 2:18
For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

That scripture shows us that Jesus is that one Spirit in whom we have access to the Father.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

Read this scripture:

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

That scripture SAYS the Lord is the Spirit.

Jesus is the Spirit. All these scriptures tell us Jesus is the Spirit. Revelation 2:7, 8, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22; 14:13; 22:17.

lifeisgood

You are badly mistaken.

1 Corinthians 15:45 So it is written: The first man Adam became a living being; the last Adam became a life-giving Spirit.

hahahahahahaha You said Jesus is not spirit.

Your comprehension of the word is lacking.

Adam has not power to give the Holy Spirit. Jesus has the power to give the Holy Spirit and He did send the Holy Spirit to those who believe Him as He said He would.

Never did He Himself said, that He is the Holy Spirit.
Nowhere in the Bible can you find that Jesus is the Holy Spirit.