The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

popsthebuilder

Let's say there's a war, and the command is to dig a trench around the enemy, to prepare and build up your side's forces before attacking. So, the trench is built, and the forces are ready to move in, and the command comes in to push forward and attack, but there's this one soldier who refuses to do so, so the general asks him why he isn't moving forward, and the soldier says he has his order to stay where he is. The general tells him that the orders have been updated and he needs to push forward, but the soldier refuses, saying he's going to stay where he is.

You are like that soldier, GT, the orders have been updated, and you're refusing to move forward.

Jesus came to earth only for Israel, not the world (though through His death, all were reconciled). He did not come to teach grace. He came to teach LAW. In fact, NOT ONCE in the four gospels did Jesus utter the word grace, but he did say "law" many many times. However, between the point in time where the world crucified Him on the cross and today, there was a change in the orders. The command is no longer to obey. The command is to believe only.

Something you don't seem to have come to understand is that Jesus, in His sermon on the mount, was talking about what it would be like during the Millennial Kingdom, where Christ would rule with a rod of iron. It's not talking about how we Christians should function today.

"Obedience" means you're under a law. And Paul says that we Christians are NOT under law, but under grace. And because we're under grace, nothing is unlawful. Do we sin? Yes, but we are not "sinners" as we were under the law.

“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” - Galatians 2:17-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:17-21&version=NKJV
News flash friend;

Believing is living.

Faith is effectual and not lip service.

Romans: 2. 5. But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6. Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7. To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8. But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9. Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; 10. But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile: 11. For there is no respect of persons with God. 12. For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law; 16. In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. 17. Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 18. And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 19. And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 20. An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law. 21. Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal? 22. Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege? 23. Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God? 24. For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. 25. For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27. And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? 28. For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29. But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Romans: 3. 20. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin. 21. But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22. Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24. Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25. Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26. To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. 29. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30. Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 31. Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Ephesians: 2. 2. Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3. Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6. And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7. That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. 8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9. Not of works, lest any man should boast. 10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

James: 4. 14. Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. 15. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that. 16. But now ye rejoice in your boastings: all such rejoicing is evil. 17. Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

God's Truth

I have never once tried to talk you out of obeying Jesus.
You go against my preaching obedience.
How on earth do you think you can deny that?
I have tried to talk you out of preaching that your obedience earns God's gift of salvation.

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Hebrews 9:15 The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Romans 2:6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Did you read that? How many times do you have to read that we receive eternal life as a reward for doing right?

Do you really think that I am going to exchange the truth for a mean woman's false teachings that go against what the Bible plainly says?

Your error is HUGE, because the Lord Jesus Christ is to receive ALL THE GLORY....ALL THE CREDIT....for man's salvation. So that in the ages to come, all may see the wonderful Mercy of God on His creation.

Obeying Jesus is never ever wrong.

Ephesians 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

You are forever and constantly preaching YOUR obedience.

I preach obedience to Jesus' living words.

His words don't come alive for you unless you do what he says.

That is your grave error, and it's dead wrong. God saves us through His kindness, and the richness of His Grace alone.

Jesus chooses whom he saves, and he chooses to save those who believe and obey him.

glorydaz

You go against my preaching obedience.
How on earth do you think you can deny that?

Colossians 3:24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Matthew 19:29 And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Luke 10:25[ The Parable of the Good Samaritan ] On one occasion an expert in the law stood up to test Jesus. “Teacher,” he asked, “what must I do to inherit eternal life?”

Hebrews 9:15 The REWARD is the PROMISE, of an INHERITANCE, and the INHERITANCE is ETERNAL LIFE.

2 John 1:8 Watch out that you do not lose what we have worked for, but that you may be rewarded fully.

Romans 2:6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.

Did you read that? How many times do you have to read that we receive eternal life as a reward for doing right?

Do you really think that I am going to exchange the truth for a mean woman's false teachings that go against what the Bible plainly says?

His words don't come alive for you unless you do what he says.

Jesus chooses whom he saves, and he chooses to save those who believe and obey him.

Nope, I didn't expect to you listen. You never do. :nono:

God's Truth

Let's say there's a war, and the command is to dig a trench around the enemy, to prepare and build up your side's forces before attacking. So, the trench is built, and the forces are ready to move in, and the command comes in to push forward and attack, but there's this one soldier who refuses to do so, so the general asks him why he isn't moving forward, and the soldier says he has his order to stay where he is. The general tells him that the orders have been updated and he needs to push forward, but the soldier refuses, saying he's going to stay where he is.

You are like that soldier, GT, the orders have been updated, and you're refusing to move forward.

No, JudgeRightly, Jesus didn't change his life giving words.

Jesus came to earth only for Israel, not the world

That is not what the word of God says.

Jesus says when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

(though through His death, all were reconciled). He did not come to teach grace.
You are badly mistaken, Jesus came with grace. That is what the Word of God says.
He came to teach LAW.

No. The law was taught until John the baptizer.

Jesus did not teach the things of the old law.

In fact, NOT ONCE in the four gospels did Jesus utter the word grace, but he did say "law" many many times. However, between the point in time where the world crucified Him on the cross and today, there was a change in the orders. The command is no longer to obey. The command is to believe only.

Read for yourself:

John 1:17 For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Read it and say it repeatedly, and believe.

Something you don't seem to have come to understand is that Jesus, in His sermon on the mount, was talking about what it would be like during the Millennial Kingdom, where Christ would rule with a rod of iron. It's not talking about how we Christians should function today.

What? That is gross error.
"Obedience" means you're under a law. And Paul says that we Christians are NOT under law, but under grace. And because we're under grace, nothing is unlawful. Do we sin? Yes, but we are not "sinners" as we were under the law.

True believers uphold the law. See Romans 3:31.

We are not without a law.

We are no longer UNDER the law; we have the law written on our hearts and minds, see Hebrews 10:16.

There was a change to that old law, see Hebrews 7:12.

That changed old law is our new law.

All those who are saved have to obey the law, the new law, and the new law is in the New Covenant.

The new law is the law of the Spirit; see Romans 8:2, the perfect law James 1:25.

It is the law that gives freedom, see James 2:12.

It is the LAW that requires faith, see Romans 3:27.

It is the law of Christ; see 1 Corinthians 9:21, and Galatians 6:2.

“But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is Christ therefore a minister of sin? Certainly not!For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.For I through the law died to the law that I might live to God.I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.I do not set aside the grace of God; for if righteousness comes through the law, then Christ died in vain.” - Galatians 2:17-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians2:17-21&version=NKJV

You can't and don't live through Christ if you are not obeying Christ.

God's Truth

If I didn't play the lottery and check my numbers every day, I wouldn't have won that million dollars.

Oops.....you mean I did all that and I'm still broke? :bang:

Stop banging your head so much, it could give brain damage.

What are you talking about?

Are you saying obeying Jesus does nothing, even when Jesus says it does?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, you just need to humble yourself and be saved by grace through faith.

Until then, you are only advertising how lost you are. :sigh:
It is her choice.

The law has no mercy.
The law does not judge if you are a good person or bad person, whether you are poor or rich, etc.
The law does not see status or morals.
The law only judges if you (no matter why kind of person you are) has broken the law.
And as we know, scripture tells us that anyone living by the law must keep the whole law and never break a single point of the law or else they are guilty of the whole law.

Right Divider

Body part
Define Lord

Define LORD.
Jesus is the LORD.... deal with it!

See what Paul QUOTES about the LORD Jesus Christ:

Phil 2:9-11 (KJV)
(2:9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: (2:10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth; (2:11) And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

This quote of Paul's comes from HERE:

Isa 45:22-23 (KJV)
(45:22) Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else. (45:23) I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth [in] righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

If you cannot understand that Christ is the LORD, there is no hope for you.

You are a God denier kp.

God's Truth

It is her choice.
I have a powerful testimony.
I believed in Jesus my whole life, but he did not save me until I started obeying.

The law has no mercy.

There is a new law, the law of Christ, the law that requires faith. That new law one can find mercy.
The law does not judge if you are a good person or bad person, whether you are poor or rich, etc.
God does not play favoritism. Those who do good will reap eternal life. Those who do wrong will face God's wrath. Would you like the scripture references?

God's Truth

Saying you believe and have faith will do NOTHING FOR YOU if you did not repent.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Rosenritter

The irony is that you had a chance to try to prove me wrong, depending on how you responded.

May 29th, 2017 02:45 PM
Rosenritter
Thread: The Trinity
Argumentative merely for sake of disagreeing it seems. Fights with the most peaceable members on these board.

That is a neg rep I just got from Rosenritter.
He/she wants to keep judging me and falsely at that, and thinks it is wrong to debate on a debate site.

Reactions: Lon

Rosenritter

Luke 6:27-29 KJV
(27) But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,
(28) Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.
(29) And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.

I agree with what someone said earlier, believing is doing.