The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I do know what it means and whether Jesus was conceived internally or externally really doesn't matter, the fact is he was conceived by the Father's power referred to as the Holy Spirit.

The Father of Jesus had to supply his share of the chromosomes needed to make a human being, this includes an XY chromosome.

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren... (Hebrews 2:17 NKJV)​

Jesus was born as human as you or me, he's our Brother.

He is our Savior and God.

genuineoriginal

The Trinity is taught in the Bible
That seems to be the core of the problem.
The Trinity is not taught in the Bible, but many people have been deluded into believing it is taught in the Bible.

And yet, in 1700 years of the Church teaching the Trinity doctrine, not a single Trinitarian has been able to prove that the Bible teaches the Trinity.

genuineoriginal

What?? are you serious?
Yes.

Matthew 24:5
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.​

That verse says many shall be representing Jesus, will claim that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ), and will deceive many.

John 5:43
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.​

That verse says Jesus is representing His Father and will be rejected, but when someone else shows up representing nobody but himself, you will accept him.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are only four verses in the entire Bible that use plurality for God.
These four verses are found in the Old Testament.
Genesis 1:26 Genesis 3:22 Genesis 11:7 Isaiah 6:8

Even with these four verses, the Old Testament clearly teaches us to hold a Monotheistic Unitarian faith in a single God.

For starters;

Matthew 28:19 English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

1 John 5:7-8 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Yes.

Matthew 24:5
5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.​

That verse says many shall be representing Jesus, will claim that Jesus is the Messiah (Christ), and will deceive many.

John 5:43
43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.​

That verse says Jesus is representing His Father and will be rejected, but when someone else shows up representing nobody but himself, you will accept him.

I don't see your point? If you really are making one?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
For starters;

Matthew 28:19 English Standard Version (ESV)

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

1 John 5:7-8 English Standard Version (ESV)

7 For there are three that testify: 8 the Spirit and the water and the blood; and these three agree.

G.O. is a Unitarian, so he doesn't believe in the Trinity. He will just
disregard those verses.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, I am not.

I am defending the belief in Unitarianism, a doctrine taught by the Bible, against the false accusations of believers in the Trinity doctrine, which is not taught by the Bible.

That is the false accusation I am fighting against.
Since the Bible teaches us to believe in Unitarianism, then that belief is not a "cult" nor is it a false belief.

If you are a unitarian you deny the deity of Jesus Christ. Are you a Unitarian?

Unitarianism (Dictionary.com)
/ˌjuːnɪˈtɛərɪəˌnɪzəm/
noun
a system of Christian belief that maintains the unipersonality of God, rejects the Trinity and the divinity of Christ, and takes reason, conscience, and character as the criteria of belief and practice

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes.

Not according to the Bible.
Do you really have a problem with what the Bible says about the relationship between God and the Son of God.

Yes, that is what scriptures state.

No, that is not found in the Bible.
The Bible clearly states Jesus is the Son of God, over and over and over again.

No, that is not found in the Bible.
The closest the Bible comes is to call him the holy Spirit of God.

I know you haven't yet accepted that the scriptures never say "God the Son" and "God the Holy Spirit".
Why do you reject the clear words of the Bible?
The Holy Spirit is God. Peter calls Him God;

Acts 5:3-4 English Standard Version (ESV)

3 But Peter said, “Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Spirit and to keep back for yourself part of the proceeds of the land?

4 While it remained unsold, did it not remain your own? And after it was sold, was it not at your disposal? Why is it that you have contrived this deed in your heart? You have not lied to man but to God.”

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Sorry but the one creator GOD regardless of preferred name isn't and never was a man. The holy spirit which is Christ isn't a person either.
The Spirit has;
a mind, Romans 8:27
a will, 1 Corinthians 12:11
He speaks, Acts 8:29, 13:1
He loves, Romans 15:20
He grieves, Ephesians 4:30
He prays, Romans 8:26

Forces do not do those things, persons do.