The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

rako

Of course the Trinity is taught in the Bible, as the Bible says to baptize in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, thus forming a threesome of "Trinity."

More interesting for debate however is whether the Torah actually teaches a "trinity" of some kind as well in a divine sense. When "God" showed up to visit Abraham, he did so in the form of three angelic/divine beings. Now how could "God" show up in the form of three beings, if God is "one"? How could God be called "Elohim" (plural) in the Torah if God is called "one"? The Christian answer is that God is one united being composed of three beings.

There is also a school of thought that this Christian theory fits into- that the ancient Hebrews were really Trinitarians (or at least believed in a composite God of some kind) and that they did not believe in a "monogenic God". I think that the Hindus in some cases may also claim to believe that their deities also compose a whole God, Brahman.

Krsto

I can't believe there are 12 fools that don't see the Trinity is shown in the Bible. :duh:

According to the inventors of the doctrine, who represent hundreds of millions (a few more than 12) the doctrine is not taught in the bible. According to The New Catholic Encyclopedia, “The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title THE TRINITARIAN DOGMA. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.” The Apostolic Fathers are those who followed immediately after the apostles and some had the apostles as their teachers.

I don’t always agree with the Catholic Church, but when I do, it’s because they have interpreted church history correctly.

Apple7

There is also a school of thought that this Christian theory fits into- that the ancient Hebrews were really Trinitarians (or at least believed in a composite God of some kind) and that they did not believe in a "monogenic God".

All the prophets of the Tanak were Trinitarian.

Jews did not like this, so they made a recension of their scriptures and tried in vain to eliminate as much plurality as possible from the original text and then re-release it as the MT.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
According to the inventors of the doctrine, who represent hundreds of millions (a few more than 12) the doctrine is not taught in the bible. According to The New Catholic Encyclopedia, “The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century. But it is precisely this formulation that has first claim to the title THE TRINITARIAN DOGMA. Among the Apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective.” The Apostolic Fathers are those who followed immediately after the apostles and some had the apostles as their teachers.

I don’t always agree with the Catholic Church, but when I do, it’s because they have interpreted church history correctly.

So you're anti Trinity ? then you're anti Christ