The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

keypurr

The Spirit of the Father dwells in the Son just like he does in us.

But the Father does not dwell in us or Christ bodily, just in Spirit.

Also, we are true sons and joint heirs with our Brother.
Somewhat true, however, I see the son as a spirit being, a singular spirit. Like his Father. Only Jesus had that spirit being in him. That express image is a created form of God for the Father was pleased that he had his fullness.

As an after thought, did the Father doubt that he could give his son fullness? Was he pleased to see the fullness because he might have thought that he could not transfer that power?

I like to ask questions.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Somewhat true, however, I see the son as a spirit being...

Christ was not a Son until the Father conceived him in Mary.

Israel was the Father's firstborn son, not Christ.

Exodus 4:22-23 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD: "Israel is My son, My firstborn." So I say to you, "let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.” ’ ”

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Agree, Jesus was a human so he is not the true God.

Jesus Christ is no longer human, he is immortal. Only God is immortal.

Jesus is the Father's firstborn from the dead. He is still subject to his Father.

The Father is the Most High, the Son is less high and he honors his parents.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Jesus Christ is no longer human,

Jesus Christ resurrected bodily and thereby glorified humanity in His Person.

Men of faith have been made immortal through Him by His victory over death.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL! (For goodness sake!)

keypurr

Christ was not a Son until the Father conceived him in Mary.

Israel was the Father's firstborn son, not Christ.

Exodus 4:22-23 Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the LORD: "Israel is My son, My firstborn." So I say to you, "let My son go that he may serve Me. But if you refuse to let him go, indeed I will kill your son, your firstborn.” ’ ”
Then who is the son that God used to lay the foundation of the Universe in Heb 1?

Sent from my SM-T330NU using TheologyOnline mobile app

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hi Nang, how are you?

Getting old, lol, well what else is new.:think: There is no possible way to change keypurr and his views; it is not worth the writing.:yawn:

Rosenritter

First and last what?

The Christ of God is not God.
The son of God is not God.
The son of a King is not the King.

Christ was sent by his Father to us. He did not come of his own accord, he came because of his love for his God.

God is not a name, it is a position. There is only one true God, Jesus Christ tells you that in John 17:3. Read the entire chapter. Jesus does not disagree with me at all. Christ is our mediator, our high priest. He paid the price to his Father for our sins.

Sent from my iPad using TOL
Isaiah 44:6 KJV
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

That's what "first and last" means Keypurr. I predict that you will either deny or avoid but he couldn't be speaking more clearly.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
So are we all going to be Gods?

The word "God" is not plural, the kingdom is one family.

John 17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

One with the Father and Son. Indivisible.

keypurr

The word "God" is not plural, the kingdom is one family.

John 17:21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.

One with the Father and Son. Indivisible.
True, God is singular, there is only one. God, but there are others considered as gods. Christ was a form of God or as the JWs put it, "a" god. He is far superior than the Angels. Christ is in a class by himself.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

keypurr

Isaiah 44:6 KJV
Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

That's what "first and last" means Keypurr. I predict that you will either deny or avoid but he couldn't be speaking more clearly.
Ever consider that there are many worlds and Christ is Lord over this one? Maybe his Father is God of all the worlds in the Universe.

Christ, the spirit son, is firstborn of all creation. He took the form of man in Jesus. So Jesus Christ is first and last. But that does not make him God.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ, the spirit son, is firstborn of all creation.

The firstborn of all creation in what context?

Colossians 1:18 And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence.

Do you reject this scripture?