The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

The do the same thing in that verse and they are the same.
I cannot explain it past what it says and will not assume it means three separate persons when it says the three are in heaven and do the same thing in heaven which is bear record. The Christ/ GOD /the Holy Ghost is the righteous merciful judge of all.

Why add what isn't needed for understanding and isn't plainly stated?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Well said.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These are excellent.
These are too.

Genesis 6:6 KJV
(6) And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

Exodus 32:14 KJV
(14) And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

2 Samuel 24:16 KJV
(16) And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshingplace of Araunah the Jebusite.

1 Chronicles 21:15 KJV
(15) And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite.

Psalms 106:45 KJV
(45) And he remembered for them his covenant, and repented according to the multitude of his mercies.

Jonah 3:9-10 KJV
(9) Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not?
(10) And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.

Jonah 4:2 KJV
(2) And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Amos 7:3 KJV
(3) The LORD repented for this: It shall not be, saith the LORD.

And several more, all clearly showing us that the word "repented" does not mean "stopped sinning".

drbrumley

A man may change his mind about his sins and yet not turn to God. He may turn to something else. But the man who acknowledges the gospel to be God's message of salvation and trusts Jesus Christ as his Savior must of necessity in so doing both change his mind and turn to God in the act of faith.

drbrumley

The Greek words for repent and repentance occur 58 times in the New Testament, and it would appear highly significant that Paul's epistles contain only five references to the word (Romans 2:4; 2 Corinthians 7:9, 10; 12:21; and 2 Timothy 2:25). The other 53 occurrences of the word are in those Scriptures which deal primarily with the nation of Israel in covenant relationship to God. Israel, being a covenant people already, were not told to repent in order to become a covenant people. As a covenant people who had strayed away from God they are called upon to change their minds, to turn back to God. This fact indicates that the major usage of the word refers not to becoming saved but to an adjustment of those who are already in covenant relation to God

popsthebuilder

Then you are not worried about error.
I am.

No it's not.
It is about correcting error no matter who proclaims the error.

The error is that the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
That is GT's error.
Get on board or just stay out of the way.
It means stop and turn from.

She doesn't deny that. You do.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God Does Not Repent as in "change His mind"

God Does Not Repent as in "change His mind"

Language must be understood according to nuance. When a word is used in multiple ways one must derive a sense as to how the word is used in specific contexts in order to understand how to interpret it. If the Bible both affirms and denies the same proposition in the same terms then it becomes obvious that there is both a proper and improper sense of the terms employed.

For example, "repent:"

Scripture says that God is not a man that He should repent, but also maintains in different contexts that God repents. Obviously the word "repent" is being used properly in terms of an actual change of mind when it is denied that God repents, and it is being used improperly of a mere change in actions that have been foreordained when it is affirmed that God repents.

AMR

popsthebuilder

You've got to be kidding, popsthebuilder. You've got to be kidding.
I am as serious as ever.

Your claim; support it.

If it is true it is for you to show my error and correct it in hopes for my salvation.

I would do the same for you.

Is there One Spirit or three?

Is there One GOD or three?

I understand that the One GOD can be referenced or observed via three separate perspectives. But they are all the same Spirit.

God's Truth

gt, is probably serving a schizophrenic god who talks to himself and hear voices reverberating in his head. :idunno:

John 12:27“Now my soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save me from this hour’? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28Father, glorify your name!”

Then a voice came from heaven, “I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.” 29The crowd that was there and heard it said it had thundered; others said an angel had spoken to him.

30Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine.

popsthebuilder

Your comprehension thingy is off popsthebuilder.
gt's false doctrine has been a very bad influence on you.
We will see. Wait

Why do you think people demand that those who make mistakes (each and every one of us) must, upon realization of said mistake, openly admit it while people are actively attacking them for it?

The word means stop and turn from.
For man that indeed is a reference for what to do with sinful nature.

She never said GOD stopped sinning or that GOD ever sinned, or that GOD could sin.

You all are simply too caught up in burning her at the stake.

This morning the majority was saying that it didn't mean stop.

I shown you otherwise and now it is that it doesn't mean stop sinning. Each of you who go against her for this is stuck on trying to condemn another believer rather than cleaning out your ears and seeing what it is she was trying to say, which is not that GOD ever sinned.

God's Truth

There was nothing for GOD to stop doing, as GOD was not doing to them what was on His mind to do.
His mind did not stop, His mind changed direction.

GT says the word "repented" means "stopped sinning".
Even after being shown clear evidence that the word does not mean "stopped sinning", she willfully continues in her lie and will not repent of it.
Which leads her into another error she willfully continues in ---- that you must completely stop sinning BEFORE Christ will even consider saving you.

But you would rather overlook and pander her in her errors.
It's like watching the blind lead the blind.

What you say about me is skewed. I say we have to repent of our sins to get saved.

John the baptizer taught it, Jesus himself taught it after John was arrested, and Paul himself taught it.

Paul says the same thing that John the baptizer says.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.

Matthew 3:8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.