The Trinity

The Trinity

• Total voters

God's Truth

Maybe she thinks He can only be one of the other, but cannot be both.
That might explain a lot of her error.

Tell me how.

I can tell you how, but you go against it.

So you tell me how according to your trinity doctrine.

How is Jesus FROM heaven if his body is just flesh and his spirit is just a spirit of a man?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hahahaaaa

hahahahahaha

Shame on you.

Revelation 1:14 The hair of His head was white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were like a blazing fire. 15 His feet were like polished bronze refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the roar of many waters.
Have you come to the correct conclusion that scripture never tells us what color His hair was while He walked the earth?
I don't blame you for laughing at such a stupid question that you ask, and that you cannot answer yourself.

Can't wait to see what your next stupid and irrelevant question might be.
But I know there will be plenty!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL So HOW is he from heaven if his flesh is mere flesh and his spirit just a spirit of a man?

From Gotquestions.org;
The hypostatic union is the term used to describe how God the Son, Jesus Christ, took on a human nature, yet remained fully God at the same time. Jesus always had been God (John 8:58, 10:30), but at the incarnation Jesus became a human being (John 1:14). The addition of the human nature to the divine nature is Jesus, the God-man. This is the hypostatic union, Jesus Christ, one Person, fully God and fully man.

Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person. Jesus' humanity and divinity are not mixed, but are united without loss of separate identity. Jesus sometimes operated with the limitations of humanity (John 4:6, 19:28) and other times in the power of His deity (John 11:43; Matthew 14:18-21). In both, Jesus' actions were from His one Person. Jesus had two natures, but only one personality.

The doctrine of the hypostatic union is an attempt to explain how Jesus could be both God and man at the same time. It is ultimately, though, a doctrine we are incapable of fully understanding. It is impossible for us to fully understand how God works. We, as human beings with finite minds, should not expect to totally comprehend an infinite God. Jesus is God’s Son in that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). But that does not mean Jesus did not exist before He was conceived. Jesus has always existed (John 8:58, 10:30). When Jesus was conceived, He became a human being in addition to being God (John 1:1, 14).

Jesus is both God and man. Jesus has always been God, but He did not become a human being until He was conceived in Mary. Jesus became a human being in order to identify with us in our struggles (Hebrews 2:17) and, more importantly, so that He could die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins (Philippians 2:5-11). In summary, the hypostatic union teaches that Jesus is both fully human and fully divine, that there is no mixture or dilution of either nature, and that He is one united Person, forever.

God's Truth

Have you come to the correct conclusion that scripture never tells us what color His hair was while He walked the earth?
I don't blame you for laughing at such a stupid question that you ask, and that you cannot answer yourself.

Can't wait to see what your next stupid and irrelevant question might be.
But I know there will be plenty!

Are there any of your friends going to tell you are messing up big time?

popsthebuilder

If you have to consult and rely of the explanations of other men to attempt to accurately describe Christ then what does that say about the relationship you have with our savior?

Perhaps one has a great relationship with Him but cannot rightly explain it. Such is understandable and even expected. What isn't expected or needed are those same outside opinions that are devised by men to explain away flaws in doctrine as a mystery, or those opinions being posted as if a definitive say on the matter as opposed to actual unbiased within context scripture.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

God's Truth

From Gotquestions.org;
The hypostatic union is the term used to describe how God the Son, Jesus Christ, took on a human nature, yet remained fully God at the same time. Jesus always had been God (John 8:58, 10:30), but at the incarnation Jesus became a human being (John 1:14). The addition of the human nature to the divine nature is Jesus, the God-man. This is the hypostatic union, Jesus Christ, one Person, fully God and fully man.

Jesus' two natures, human and divine, are inseparable. Jesus will forever be the God-man, fully God and fully human, two distinct natures in one Person. Jesus' humanity and divinity are not mixed, but are united without loss of separate identity. Jesus sometimes operated with the limitations of humanity (John 4:6, 19:28) and other times in the power of His deity (John 11:43; Matthew 14:18-21). In both, Jesus' actions were from His one Person. Jesus had two natures, but only one personality.

The doctrine of the hypostatic union is an attempt to explain how Jesus could be both God and man at the same time. It is ultimately, though, a doctrine we are incapable of fully understanding. It is impossible for us to fully understand how God works. We, as human beings with finite minds, should not expect to totally comprehend an infinite God. Jesus is God’s Son in that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35). But that does not mean Jesus did not exist before He was conceived. Jesus has always existed (John 8:58, 10:30). When Jesus was conceived, He became a human being in addition to being God (John 1:1, 14).

Jesus is both God and man. Jesus has always been God, but He did not become a human being until He was conceived in Mary. Jesus became a human being in order to identify with us in our struggles (Hebrews 2:17) and, more importantly, so that He could die on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins (Philippians 2:5-11). In summary, the hypostatic union teaches that Jesus is both fully human and fully divine, that there is no mixture or dilution of either nature, and that He is one united Person, forever.

lol That articles says he can't explain it; and guess what? It didn't! HAHAHAHAAA

I can explain my beliefs.

You can't explain yours.

Yours is nonsense.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you have to consult and rely of the explanations of other men to attempt to accurately describe Christ then what does that say about the relationship you have with our savior?

Perhaps one has a great relationship with Him but cannot rightly explain it. Such is understandable and even expected. What isn't expected or needed are those same outside opinions that are devised by men to explain away flaws in doctrine as a mystery, or those opinions being posted as if a definitive say on the matter as opposed to actual unbiased within context scripture.

All it says it that at times I am smart enough to defer to the wisdom of others and do not pretend to know it all. Do you defer to the writings and wisdom of others. If not I hope you do not have any other christian writings in your possession except the bible.

God's Truth

Well said.

popsthebuilder

All it says it that at times I am smart enough to defer to the wisdom of others and do not pretend to know it all. Do you defer to the writings and wisdom of others. If not I hope you do not have any other christian writings in your possession except the bible.
I do not on both counts.

I didn't mean to insult you.

I really didn't.

I only meant that one needing to rely on such should keep from promoting such as truth, as it is merely devised by man.

I personally, intentionally do not rely on the explanations of others when it comes to the reading and comprehension of sacred texts.

That is not me saying that it is wrong, just that it is wrong for me personally.

I promise you that it was not my intent or motive to insult you or insinuate any negative thing about your intelligence. Surely it takes both a wise person and a humble person to admit what you just did.

peace

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I do not on both counts.

I didn't mean to insult you.

I really didn't.

I only meant that one needing to rely on such should keep from promoting such as truth, as it is merely devised by man.

I personally, intentionally do not rely on the explanations of others when it comes to the reading and comprehension of sacred texts.

That is not me saying that it is wrong, just that it is wrong for me personally.

I promise you that it was not my intent or motive to insult you or insinuate any negative thing about your intelligence. Surely it takes both a wise person and a humble person to admit what you just did.

peace

Thank You, Understood.

God's Truth

This article explains it better than anything you will ever have to offer. I'm glad that you can explain God and I'm sure He is glad for you too.

You condemn people for not believing your false doctrine. You have said I am not saved because I don't believe in the trinity doctrine.

You brought an article here that says it can't be explained.

When I used to tell people here that the trinity doctrine says it is not explainable, I was called a liar.

That article explained NOTHING, and admits it can't be explained and understood.

It is your belief that mine and your salvation depends on believing in the trinity doctrine, as you have said, then you would think that you would know how to explain it in your own words yourself.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You condemn people for not believing your false doctrine.

You brought an article here that says it can't be explained.

When I used to tell people here that the trinity doctrine says it is not explainable, I was called a liar.

That article explained NOTHING, and admits it can't be explained and understood.

It is your belief that mine and your salvation depends on believing in the trinity doctrine, as you have said, then you would think that you would know how to explain it in your own words yourself.

Who said that the trinity was explainable. If it is or is not explain to me how one can be fully God and fully man. I did not say you had to understand the article. Did you understand its intent?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is the firstborn over all creation and then all things were made through his body, for him, and by him.

The word 'body' is not in Paul's reference in Colosians. That's your made-up idea and addition.

Paul says that all things were created by 'Him', not 'by his body'.

GOD didn't need a body to create anything.

'Firstborn' is a title of rank in that context.

God's Truth

Who said that the trinity was explainable.

Read that article. It says it isn't explainable.

By the way, you gave me a neg rep just a bit ago and told me to study the scriptures. You have a lot of nerves telling me to study the scriptures when you have to copy and paste what someone else says about the trinity doctrine. The trinity doctrine that you use to condemn people with.

If it is or is not explain to me how one can be fully God and fully man. I did not say you had to understand the article. Did you understand its intent?

I understood the article. The article explained NOTHING. It says Jesus was fully God and fully man because he says so. He also says that it can't be explained.

I know how Jesus is fully God and fully man. I can explain it because it is in the scriptures.