Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Father is not the Son, nor the Holy Spirit.
The Son is not the Father, nor the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is not the Son, nor the Father.

Reactions: Lon

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
John 1:1c with Greek

3574a872227b7df49f5110afb961dbe1.jpg

YHWH is the word that is the god; not Yeshua.

John 1:14a with Greek[/QUOTE]

529ec0c211701faf6a30e0b6048e583e.jpg

3fd554775258ed0a8ece3b17cb19c1cf.jpg

Not the same logos.

Yes, the exact same Logos.

John 8:58 with Greek

ec335f426367dd16c92f57c9b4cbc4e2.jpg

a043cd2b5dbae550ea00fe51f0d72e8e.jpg

It was about Abraham still being alive, and seeing his day and being happy about it.

I like how you read all of that into the verse, where it says nothing of the sort.

John 20:28b with Greek
Kai and mou seperate both parts of the would be subject or start of the sentence.

b474b57b67345bb2868ab731b45e3117.jpg

Seems pretty clear to me that Jesus was the Lord of him and the God of him.

See, there's a funny thing about the greek language. When the Greeks talk about gods, they rarely (if ever) put a definite article in front of "theos," because they're polytheistic, and defining one of their gods as "the god" would elevate one as "the god." But when talking about the one true God of the Bible, except for a few exceptions where the grammar requires differently, God is written as "the God," or "ho theos."

For example, "TO AN UNKNOWN GOD," or "AGNOSTO THEO," is the inscription Paul mentions in Acts 17:23. Not "AGNOSTO HO THEO," because that would imply "the" God. When there's no definite article in front of a noun in Greek, it's like putting "a" or "an" in front of a noun in English. Paul, in verse 24, calls this "unknown god" of the Greeks "The God" in the very next verse. If this distinction was not here in the Bible, between the way the greek pagans spoke greek and the way believers in Christ spoke Greek, defining "ho theos" instead of just "theos," it would be very difficult to determine which "god" or "God" is being talked about.

English translations are not proof of anything because they are sloppy. It needs to improve.

The only sloppy translations here are yours. They need to improve.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
They aren't sloppy. The idenifite articular construct is older than the english definite articular constructs.

"But as many as received him,

Who is Him?

The Light. God.

What does John 1:1 say?

"And God was the Word." That's literally what it says.

775ef6c5608103318a78735eb1abcdc4.jpg

So therefore "the Word" = "God" = "the Light" = "Him".

Who is the first chapter of John talking about?

The Word, The Light, Jesus Christ.

God.

to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." This logos not the logos of the hebrew name YHWH.

The passage is not talking about a "word." The passage is talking about the "Word."

Anything else would be idolatry.

Just so we're on the same page, Trinitarians believe the Word (logos) in John 1:1 is Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who is God. Not "a" word. "The" Word.

They rarely do that because they are talking about a specific god. That's the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

Let's stay away from fallacious arguments, like the argument from incredulity.

"To the unnoticed one the god". Even your example is unconvincing.

I'm giving you the literal translation of "AGNOSTO THEO." Why are you trying to say it doesn't say what it says?

AGNOSTO THEO" literally translated means "unknown god," which in English translates to "to an unknown god." There's no definite article there. Please stop adding to scripture.

Seems to me you don't know what the nominative case is.

470f590f41539bff89afe70ed78bfbcc.jpg

Perhaps you should just look at the image I am providing. Koine Greek was the language the New Testament was originally written in, no?

So then why can't you accept what it literally says?

You need to consider that you are an idolator.

How about instead of making baseless accusations, you provide an argument for your case.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The word “Trinity” is found nowhere in the Bible.
It is a word that describes theology.
First came Jesus and next came men’s theology that sought to develop a meaning that was overlaid on Jesus’ words amd deeds.

Plus, the idea of a Trinity negates the foundational Jewish idea of monotheism.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The word “Trinity” is found nowhere in the Bible.

Straw man. No one here claims that that's our position except those who reject the triunity of God. Please try a rebuttal against our actual argument.

It is a word that describes theology.

And?

First came Jesus and next came men’s theology that sought to develop a meaning that was overlaid on Jesus’ words and deeds.

So therefore.... something.

Plus, the idea of a Trinity negates the foundational Jewish idea of monotheism.

Please explain how.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Please try a rebuttal against our actual argument.”
The Bible calls God an old woman giving birth, a storm cloud, a mountain, a potter, an eagle.

Everyone uses metaphoric language when describing the holy or the sacred.

So nothing is preventing you from believing that “the Trinity” describes God.

The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio. Not the One God that Judaism believes in.

And again, the word Trinity is not found anywhere in the Bible.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio.

Notice that you said: "The theology of the Trinity indicates God is some sort of divine trio."

And, that you did not say: "The theology of the Trinity indicates [three gods are] some sort of divine trio."

Interesting.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
The last time I tallied these, the number was well over 130 threads against a Trinitarian view.

After all of them were deleted, it is surprising to see how quickly they are rejuvenated.

This is not a 'debate the trinity' thread. It is a thread specifically about the number of threads and why they exist, as well as a reference tool.

1. ECT- A pink egg isn't a blue egg -can't be an egg, & Jesus cannot be God -Oatmeal
2.A pink egg isn't an egg and Jesus can't be God (2) -Oatmeal Deleted
3. Jesus isn't God - Elia
4. Jesus isn't the Messiah - Elia
5. Jesus can't be Y-H-W-H or he'd be praying to Himself -Elia Deleted--Same topic as Jesus isn't God
6. There are two gods -October23
7. Jesus is just a normal man, not God -Cross-Reference
8. Why can't you see God, but people have seen Jesus Christ? Pink egg isn't a pink egg redux--Oatmeal Deleted--same topic again. Please stick to one thread.
9. Jesus has a God-Keypurr
10. A false messiah and an idol -Elia
11. Not only anti-Trinitarian but anti-Christ as well.
12. The Trinity is False - Squeeky
13. Jesus isn't Jehovah -Kingdom rose
14. Jesus is not God - Lazy
15. Jesus is not God - Cherubram
16. Jesus isn't our sin Sacrifice - Caino (UB thread at 680+ pages of useless bandwidth, would like to see it chopped and a new thread started if it must)
17. Jesus isn't God, just His right-hand - Cherubram
18. Jesus isn't the Alpha and Omega - Cherubram
19. Jesus is unique, but not God - cgavaria
20. Jesus is not God, no matter what scripture says - cgavaria
21. Jesus is just 'a' god - Squeeky
22. Is Jesus God? -Versais (Hinduism) I'd leave this one as legitimate and needed against polytheism
23. Jesus is Created - Squeeky
24. Jesus is Created - cgavaria
25. Jesus is not Messiah - Elia
26. The Trinity is False -Squeaky
27. Jesus is not equal with God - Cherubram
28. Jesus is not God -Daqq
29. Jesus is not God - kingdomrose
30. Jesus isn't perfect so not God - Stephencbh
31. Jesus is not God (2) - Kingdomrose
32. God is not Triune - Kingdomrose
33. YHWH is not Triune -Kingdomrose (Sacred namer as well :plain: )
34. The Trinity is not true -Kingdomrose
35. Jesus Is not God -Beammeup
36. Arian commercial - Lazy Afternoon
37. Jesus is not God - Kingdomrose
38. Jesus is not God - Oatmeal
39. Trinitarians are Pharisees - Kingdomrose
40. Trinitarians are not Saved - Squeeky
41. Jesus is not God - Oatmeal
42. The Trinity is devil doctrine - Squeeky
43. Jesus is not the Word - Squeeky
44. Jesus is not I AM - Squeeky
45. Jesus is not God - Squeeky
46. Jesus cannot be God - Cherubram
47. Not Meshak this time: Mainstream isn't Christian - Cherubram
50. About half of all of Squeeky's threads if not all.
51. God isn't triune - tigger 2

Mod Note: There gets to be too many of these threads, they will be deleted. Duplicate topics will be deleted.

Johnny Carson did an act where he put an envelope with a question to his head and knew the answer, then opened the envelope and read the question.

This list of names is the Answer.

What is the question?

oatmeal

Johnny Carson did an act where he put an envelope with a question to his head and knew the answer, then opened the envelope and read the question.

This list of names is the Answer.

What is the question?

Who might actually be takind scripture seriously?

oatmeal

The last time I tallied these, the number was well over 130 threads against a Trinitarian view.

After all of them were deleted, it is surprising to see how quickly they are rejuvenated.

This is not a 'debate the trinity' thread. It is a thread specifically about the number of threads and why they exist, as well as a reference tool.

1. ECT- A pink egg isn't a blue egg -can't be an egg, & Jesus cannot be God -Oatmeal
2.A pink egg isn't an egg and Jesus can't be God (2) -Oatmeal Deleted
3. Jesus isn't God - Elia
4. Jesus isn't the Messiah - Elia
5. Jesus can't be Y-H-W-H or he'd be praying to Himself -Elia Deleted--Same topic as Jesus isn't God
6. There are two gods -October23
7. Jesus is just a normal man, not God -Cross-Reference
8. Why can't you see God, but people have seen Jesus Christ? Pink egg isn't a pink egg redux--Oatmeal Deleted--same topic again. Please stick to one thread.
9. Jesus has a God-Keypurr
10. A false messiah and an idol -Elia
11. Not only anti-Trinitarian but anti-Christ as well.
12. The Trinity is False - Squeeky
13. Jesus isn't Jehovah -Kingdom rose
14. Jesus is not God - Lazy
15. Jesus is not God - Cherubram
16. Jesus isn't our sin Sacrifice - Caino (UB thread at 680+ pages of useless bandwidth, would like to see it chopped and a new thread started if it must)
17. Jesus isn't God, just His right-hand - Cherubram
18. Jesus isn't the Alpha and Omega - Cherubram
19. Jesus is unique, but not God - cgavaria
20. Jesus is not God, no matter what scripture says - cgavaria
21. Jesus is just 'a' god - Squeeky
22. Is Jesus God? -Versais (Hinduism) I'd leave this one as legitimate and needed against polytheism
23. Jesus is Created - Squeeky
24. Jesus is Created - cgavaria
25. Jesus is not Messiah - Elia
26. The Trinity is False -Squeaky
27. Jesus is not equal with God - Cherubram
28. Jesus is not God -Daqq
29. Jesus is not God - kingdomrose
30. Jesus isn't perfect so not God - Stephencbh
31. Jesus is not God (2) - Kingdomrose
32. God is not Triune - Kingdomrose
33. YHWH is not Triune -Kingdomrose (Sacred namer as well :plain: )
34. The Trinity is not true -Kingdomrose
35. Jesus Is not God -Beammeup
36. Arian commercial - Lazy Afternoon
37. Jesus is not God - Kingdomrose
38. Jesus is not God - Oatmeal
39. Trinitarians are Pharisees - Kingdomrose
40. Trinitarians are not Saved - Squeeky
41. Jesus is not God - Oatmeal
42. The Trinity is devil doctrine - Squeeky
43. Jesus is not the Word - Squeeky
44. Jesus is not I AM - Squeeky
45. Jesus is not God - Squeeky
46. Jesus cannot be God - Cherubram
47. Not Meshak this time: Mainstream isn't Christian - Cherubram
50. About half of all of Squeeky's threads if not all.
51. God isn't triune - tigger 2

Mod Note: There gets to be too many of these threads, they will be deleted. Duplicate topics will be deleted.

It would be revealing to see those quotes you falsely attribute to me.

Your false accusations reveal your "scriptural study"methodology

robycop3

The doctrine of the Holy Trinity is plainly taught in the story of Jesus' baptism. There, we see Jesus, the Holy Spirit, & God The Father all manifest, physically separate from one another.

Ps82

Hello all. Sorry for just jumping in with some thoughts instead of carrying on a dialogue already started. I have not visited this site in a long time but love this topic. First, I do not think a person seeking salvation has to understand how the ONE God can have a trinity type of nature. Sinners seek the suffering Jesus because the Father wants mankind to understand what he has accomplished and endured for us. Yet, it is fascinating to learn about God's nature and according to the mention of The Spirit, The Son, and The Father there is reason for a mature Christian to seek a better understanding. This is what I've concluded based on my studies. I had already decided to make Jesus my Lord; so, I wanted to know the Father better. Once I realized who the Father was things started popping. Gen. 1 told me the ONE God was Spirit in the beginning but some where between moving as a Spirit and the end of Gen.1 The LORD began his work. Some where between the end of Gen.1 and the start of Gen. 2 The LORD appeared. Now most believers accept that The LORD he is God ... The Spirit and He are ONE. So, what's the difference between God the Spirit Gen. 1 and The LORD God who worked on the 7th Day? There is only one thing! The Spirit of God appeared. How? God the Spirit created an image to represent himself. When the LORD God came to the Garden to word it was a hands on and face to face relationship. This use of an image has everything to do with understanding exactly who the Son is. If Light was involved in Genesis 1 bringing the potential of visibility into our world then I have concluded that God's image was somehow manifested in and by THAT LIGHT. I have found scripture that reassures me I am correct. If the Son was identified as being THAT LIGHT who had come into the world but seen in flesh and therefore was not recognizable as THAT consuming LIGHT then we have a great connection here between the Father and the Son. It should make sense to you now that the appearance of the fleshly Son looked like the image of his Father even though the Son was missing the heavenly glory. Now watch this verse. Jesus said an oral prayer and one must assume he wanted his disciples to hear it and comprehend something. John 17:4-5 [my inserts appear] I [the Son] have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify you me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. IOW, From the beginning God had determined to share his glorious image with his living Word who would one day come on earth speaking face to face in a lesser glory of flesh. In fact fact the future Messiah was with God and was God in the form of the WORD from the beginning. In fact the Word and the Father shared the manifested presence God created. God is ONE. Just like Jesus said when you have seen me you have seen the Father. I think the Father could have said when you have seen me you have seen my Son. God the Spirit first introduced himself as The presence of the LORD, later referred to as the Father. Next he introduce himself as our fleshly Lord Jesus. Lastly he has given us the promise of his Holy Spirit being in us if we choose to honor his suffering as experienced through his association with the Son of flesh. God is ONE even while being the invisible Spirit, the visible LORD, and fleshly Savior. Isaiah 43:11 I[God the Spirit], even I, am the [manifested and visible] LORD; and beside me [who is the Spirit and the manifested LORD] there is no [possible] Savior. IOW it is God was is our Savior through Christ. All three of these are the ONE same God. The only difference that comes into play is that God manifested an image for himself and USED IT to accomplish his works among men and FOR MEN. One day our risen and glorified Lord Jesus will personally introduce us to the Father. We will not be harmed by the full Glory of the Father, for as saints we will have been transformed from mortal flesh to immortality. My rendition of I Timothy 6:11 [Godly men flea evil and follow after righteousness etc.] 12 Fight with faith and lay hold of eternal life to which you are called.] 13 We are charged before God and Christ]14 to keep this commandment until our Lord Jesus appears.]15 When in his [risen] times he shall show [you] who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; 16 [He will show you] Who only hath immortality, dwelling in[side] THE LIGHT which no [mortal] man hath seen, nor can see; [Our risen Lord will show us] to whom be[longs] honor and power everlasting. Amen. IOW, our Risen Lord will introduce us to the glorious body of heaven which belongs to God and whom we know as The LORD God the Father. We will know him as he knows us. God introduced himself as the Father, the Father introduced us to the coming Son, and the Son did and will introduce us directly to the Father. They are God because our God is ONE.

Lon

Hello all. Sorry for just jumping in with some thoughts instead of carrying on a dialogue already started.

There are many threads that discuss the nature of God, this one isn't so much about the debate, as discussing why there are so many Antitrinitarian threads on TOL.

The questions this thread deals with are why this topic is the only thing JW's and Arians want to talk about (One-trick-ponies), why there is a need for so many (virtually all the same), and whether some of them should be purged as incredibly redundant on TOL.