Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are many threads that discuss the nature of God, this one isn't so much about the debate, as discussing why there are so many Antitrinitarian threads on TOL.

The questions this thread deals with are why this topic is the only thing JW's and Arians want to talk about (One-trick-ponies), why there is a need for so many (virtually all the same), and whether some of them should be purged as incredibly redundant on TOL.

Trinity doctrine is man-made doctrine because Jesus made it clear that His Father is the only true God.

There is no such thing as triune god.

KerimF

Trinity doctrine is man-made doctrine because Jesus made it clear that His Father is the only true God.

I am afraid that, in this case, God is supposed to be ONE BEING who cannot, therefore, know about Love other than loving Himself since He is one of his kind. In other words, He can live selfishness only, not Love.

Even on earth, one fools himself if he believes that a great king can love truly his slaves, servants and followers to the point he is ready to share with them all he has. This king has to be selfish because if he does (shares all he has with them), he would be no more the rich powerful king he was. And they will be no more his slaves, servants or followers.

So, would you please help me know when Jesus on the Gospel made it clear that The/His/Our/My Father in Heaven is my only true God?

Thank you.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Trinity doctrine is man-made doctrine

ALL doctrine is man-made.

Whether it's founded on what the Bible actually teaches is another matter entirely.

The ENTIRE Bible (including the portions you think should be removed from the Bible) teaches that God is triune.

because Jesus made it clear that His Father is the only true God.

This coming from someone who would remove anything that isn't Jesus' words from the Bible.

Face it, Meshak. You're a heretic who places your beliefs over what the Bible says.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
ALL doctrine is man-made.

Whether it's founded on what the Bible actually teaches is another matter entirely.

The ENTIRE Bible (including the portions you think should be removed from the Bible) teaches that God is triune.

This coming from someone who would remove anything that isn't Jesus' words from the Bible.

Face it, Meshak. You're a heretic who places your beliefs over what the Bible says.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Hello young lady.

blessings.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So, would you please help me know when Jesus on the Gospel made it clear that The/His/Our/My Father in Heaven is my only true God?

Thank you.

this is what Jesus says:

[Jhn 17:1-3
[1] Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
[2] "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
[3] "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

KerimF

this is what Jesus says:

[Jhn 17:1-3
[1] Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
[2] "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
[3] "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.

Thank you.
But, Jesus is also clear when He says: "I and my Father are one." which means that He (Jesus) is also the only true God.

If Jesus didn't say that He and the Father in Heaven are one, I would see him just a man (or character) made famous by some men to get rich and gain certain authorities (in his name); as it is the case in all religions and their idols; Paganism, Islam and Judaism.

The irony is that even Trinitarians are supposed to believe that perceiving how 'two independent beings' could be unified by love and look as 'one being' for any outsider is beyond human imagination.
Speaking practically, their belief is somehow like yours. The difference is that you are clear that the essence of Trinity cannot exist at all in your life while they force themselves to believe something which they cannot perceive in their life.

On my side, I don't have to believe blindly in Trinity because I live its love here on earth :)

Lon

Why don't you ever respond to my arguments against your position?

This thread isn't really about the debate, but the #'s It was meant to help bring attention and subsequently help mods trim down on those disproportionate numbers.

That said, I've not been very good at checking lately. I need to buckle down and get used to the formatting after the move. :z :cheers:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
This thread isn't really about the debate, but the #'s It was meant to help bring attention and subsequently help mods trim down on those disproportionate numbers.

Why aren't you telling Meshak that? Why me instead?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I do not debate, young man.

I'm not asking you to debate.

I'm asking you to reason out your beliefs.

As God said:

Come let us reason together.

You don't even seem willing to do that much, let alone debate.

I just show you what the Bible says.

No, you don't, because as I said above, you don't accept what the entire Bible says. And it doesn't say what you post on this site.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I'm not asking you to debate.

I'm asking you to reason out your beliefs.

As God said:

Come let us reason together.

You don't even seem willing to do that much, let alone debate.

No, you don't, because as I said above, you don't accept what the entire Bible says. And it doesn't say what you post on this site.

what would you like to know?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
what would you like to know?

Why is it that throughout the Old Testament, God's prophets relayed God's words by saying "Thus saith the Lord," yet not once do we find that phrase in the New Testament, but we find a replacement phrase, uttered only by Jesus Himself, "I say unto you"?

In other words, why does Jesus say "I say unto you" and not "Thus saith the Lord"?

Right Divider

Body part
Why is it that throughout the Old Testament, God's prophets relayed God's words by saying "Thus saith the Lord," yet not once do we find that phrase in the New Testament, but we find a replacement phrase, uttered only by Jesus Himself, "I say unto you"?

In other words, why does Jesus say "I say unto you" and not "Thus saith the Lord"?

I know this one! :french:

meshak

BANNED
Banned

What does this have to do with triune god?

If you keep this up, you will be ignored.

blessings.