Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

RevTestament

I go back to 2003 at this joint so you might want to reconsider who is emulating who as it concerns the term "Elohim".
Your join date says 2009...
That said I am happy for the company. So few understand exactly what Jesus promised ... and Paul ... and Peter ...

To be a member of the family of God is no small thing and yet so few understand what it is they aspire to nor what they were promised.

Ah well, t'was ever thus ..."eye hath not seen nor ear heard", etc.
If you have known this since 2003 though, I think you beat me to the punch. I didn't realize the precise connection until more recently.
The House of "God" is literally the house of Elohim Jesus said He was preparing rooms for us in. I find it sad that Athanasian Christianity have blocked themselves off from such an inheritance. I am glad I have found an ally in this revelation. :)

RevTestament

Hello RevTestament ... Long time away for both of us.
I'm trying to contact you. I've tried to message you, but the site says that the volume on your message board is full and you must delete some content in order to receive others. You have asked me some questions about my dream.

K cleared you two whole spaces :)
just send your reply. Don't quote our prior correspondence. I believe I also have a link to my email somewhere...

fzappa13

Your join date says 2009...

If you have known this since 2003 though, I think you beat me to the punch. I didn't realize the precise connection until more recently.
The House of "God" is literally the house of Elohim Jesus said He was preparing rooms for us in. I find it sad that Athanasian Christianity have blocked themselves off from such an inheritance. I am glad I have found an ally in this revelation. :)

Me and a poster named Elohim had a lot of fun with the subject back in '05 I think (BTW, I was Mateo back then). That thread is long gone. It's kinda funny but it's not ... watching peoples' heads explode when confronted with scripture on the subject. This is inevitable when what you believe is from the mouth/pen hand of a man and not the word of God. A plain reading of the subject through scriptures quickly has doctrinaires foaming at the mouth. A pity so many know not what they seek.

Kerry

Asking where the words, "God the Son, hypostatic union, dual nature, and God man" is a strange question if the theology behind these terms can be shown to be derived from the bible. Such an imposed requirement of asking that specific words be shown to be in the bible, which those who hold to these never say are found in the bible but only the theology behind them, can be equated to saying, "well the word bible is not found in the bible so there must be no bible."

BoyStan

I recognise the anti trinitarian worship at my church's worship every Sunday. The whole emphasis is on Jesus. Jesus is spoken of like he is God and their is no Spirit or Father, but Jesus is everything. This attitude is contrary to Jesus own statements in the gospels. The worship of Jesus only, ignoring the trinity is idolatry!

Lon

I recognise the anti trinitarian worship at my church's worship every Sunday. The whole emphasis is on Jesus. Jesus is spoken of like he is God and their is no Spirit or Father, but Jesus is everything. This attitude is contrary to Jesus own statements in the gospels. The worship of Jesus only, ignoring the trinity is idolatry!

Well, this isn't the thread to debate it, but no, I disagree with you. "I and the Father are one." There is no honoring the Son without honoring the Father or Spirit. Most often, the mistake I see is that one doesn't rightly understand that God is One, Father, Spirit, and Son is/are God. It is given as a mystery, but the 'equatedness' is clear, Suggestion: Spend a little time reading the Creeds, their scriptures given, and why the documents were crafted the way they were. You don't have to agree with the Creeds unless they are wholly Biblical, and I believe they are. Further discussion might be taken to one of the threads linked on the first page. This specific thread simply tracks these threads and if they get overtly top-heavy on TOL, we can eliminate the redundant ones leaving one or two in the wake that carry the intent (we haven't had to, because a new one is started almost every other day here on TOL by Arians/Unitarians). This thread is simply about the #'s and discussion about their specific existence on TOL rather than a rehashing of those exact same topics in yet another thread, as it were. Thanks -Lon

BoyStan

Thanks, Lon
Okay my comment was in the wrong thread. I was not seeking to debate the Trinity. I am fully 100% convinced of the Trinity. The Trinity is not just a doctrine for academic textbooks or theology students. The Trinity is what I practice everyday. This is especially so in prayer to the Father in Jesus name through the Holy Spirit. My observation of the complete focus on Jesus at church, especially in worship, is out of focus with the New Testament witness. Let the church practice the same Trinitarian balance shown in the New Testament.

Reactions: Lon

lazaros

If you want scriptural warrant(s) for the doctrine of the Trinity, start at the beginning - Genesis 1.1-2.4a, the locus classics of trinitarian theology.This is not the 'last' time the doctrine is delivered,but you should begin here, that is, if you want to learn something:

http://markanmandala.info/mm1.html

If you are serious about theology, the you can download Hebrew and Greek fonts from the link listed on the following page:

http://markanmandala.info

Truth-

That's the whole reason for the Trinity doctrine, it is to have everyone worshipping Jesus(true name is Yehowshuwa) instead of the Father Yehowah.

stephencbh

BANNED
Banned
Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Interesting that Jesus does not state those who do my will...
Interesting and entirely explained by the Trinity doctrine of the Church.

There is distinction between the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The Father generates the Son, and the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and from the Son. This is why the Lord Jesus Christ the Son, said, "I and the Father are one," and it's also why the Church believes and teaches that the Maker is the Trinity. He is the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and that's why the Church baptizes in the name of the Trinity, because That's the Maker.

God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon

Lon

The last time I tallied these, the number was well over 130 threads against a Trinitarian view.

After all of them were deleted, it is surprising to see how quickly they are rejuvenated.

This is not a 'debate the trinity' thread. It is a thread specifically about the number of threads and why they exist, as well as a reference tool.

1. ECT- A pink egg isn't a blue egg -can't be an egg, & Jesus cannot be God -Oatmeal
2.A pink egg isn't an egg and Jesus can't be God (2) -Oatmeal Deleted
3. Jesus isn't God - Elia
4. Jesus isn't the Messiah - Elia
5. Jesus can't be Y-H-W-H or he'd be praying to Himself -Elia Deleted--Same topic as Jesus isn't God
6. There are two gods -October23
7. Jesus is just a normal man, not God -Cross-Reference
8. Why can't you see God, but people have seen Jesus Christ? Pink egg isn't a pink egg redux--Oatmeal Deleted--same topic again. Please stick to one thread.
9. Jesus has a God-Keypurr
10. A false messiah and an idol -Elia
11. Not only anti-Trinitarian but anti-Christ as well.
12. The Trinity is False - Squeeky
13. Jesus isn't Jehovah -Kingdom rose
14. Jesus is not God - Lazy
15. Jesus is not God - Cherubram
16. Jesus isn't our sin Sacrifice - Caino (UB thread at 680+ pages of useless bandwidth, would like to see it chopped and a new thread started if it must)
17. Jesus isn't God, just His right-hand - Cherubram
18. Jesus isn't the Alpha and Omega - Cherubram
19. Jesus is unique, but not God - cgavaria
20. Jesus is not God, no matter what scripture says - cgavaria
21. Jesus is just 'a' god - Squeeky
22. Is Jesus God? -Versais (Hinduism) I'd leave this one as legitimate and needed against polytheism
23. Jesus is Created - Squeeky
24. Jesus is Created - cgavaria
25. Jesus is not Messiah - Elia
26. The Trinity is False -Squeaky
27. Jesus is not equal with God - Cherubram
28. Jesus is not God -Daqq
29. Jesus is not God - kingdomrose
30. Jesus isn't perfect so not God - Stephencbh
31. Jesus is not God (2) - Kingdomrose
32. God is not Triune - Kingdomrose
33. YHWH is not Triune -Kingdomrose (Sacred namer as well :plain: )
34. The Trinity is not true -Kingdomrose

Mod Note: There gets to be too many of these threads, they will be deleted. Duplicate topics will be deleted.