Another tally of anti-trinitarian threads

csuguy

Such is within reasonable discussion of this thread. Who is it that casts the 'first' stone? Trinitarians on a Trinitarian board? :think:

Feeling entitled much? This isn't a Trinitarian board. It isn't even necessarily a Christian forum, with only part of the forum reserved for Christians (with no requirement that they identify as Trinitarians, btw).

In fact, seeings as how the board is alive thanks to membership fees - it belongs to those of us who have over the years paid for membership, regardless of religious affiliation.

Lon

Feeling entitled much? This isn't a Trinitarian board. It isn't even necessarily a Christian forum, with only part of the forum reserved for Christians (with no requirement that they identify as Trinitarians, btw).

In fact, seeings as how the board is alive thanks to membership fees - it belongs to those of us who have over the years paid for membership, regardless of religious affiliation.
Says "Registered plus?"
Feeling entitled much?
Why are you guys this contentious? And then this combative when somebody mentions that you guys seem incredibly contentious???

I am not on a Unitarian board. You also know, by Mods and most Christians, despite your objection, this is, in fact, a triune board.

Lon

I don't currently have membership since I'm not on here much of late, but over the years I have held several memberships. My point stands.
I think thou protesteth too much. It isn't a Reformed board either. I at least know where I am and who owns the board. You seem to be in a bit of denial.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I'm actually quite thankful for TOL allowing non-/anti-Trinitarians to post so freely. It was what showed me very clearly that in my zeal to bring correction to the minutiae of the Trinity doctrine and expose the false modern conceptualizations of many/most professing Trinitarians, that I was positioning myself outside Orthodoxy and aligning with heretics and schismatics.

Several on TOL contributed to my epiphany that I needed to temper my criticism in a more effective manner, and focus on making sure I am aligned within the bounds of the historical faith if I'm to retain any credibility and have any hope of reaching an audience with my valid concerns.

It has caused me to re-double my efforts to rigorously maintain the boundary of the Reformed tradition in any and all challenges to various facets of doctrine that need reconciliation to the truth of the Word. I can no longer permit being perceived as affiliated with Arians, Unitarians, Sabellians, etc. by allying with them simply because I take issue with internal doctrinal issues regarding the Trinity formulaic.

And now I'm glad to see the clamp-down, which is still very reasonable.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm actually quite thankful for TOL allowing non-/anti-Trinitarians to post so freely. It was what showed me very clearly that in my zeal to bring correction to the minutiae of the Trinity doctrine and expose the false modern conceptualizations of many/most professing Trinitarians, that I was positioning myself outside Orthodoxy and aligning with heretics and schismatics.

Several on TOL contributed to my epiphany that I needed to temper my criticism in a more effective manner, and focus on making sure I am aligned within the bounds of the historical faith if I'm to retain any credibility and have any hope of reaching an audience with my valid concerns.

It has caused me to re-double my efforts to rigorously maintain the boundary of the Reformed tradition in any and all challenges to various facets of doctrine that need reconciliation to the truth of the Word. I can no longer permit being perceived as affiliated with Arians, Unitarians, Sabellians, etc. by allying with them simply because I take issue with internal doctrinal issues regarding the Trinity formulaic.

And now I'm glad to see the clamp-down, which is still very reasonable.
It's good to see you PPS, I've missed your posts. So you had an epiphany ? Are you a Calvinist now ?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It's good to see you PPS, I've missed your posts. So you had an epiphany ? Are you a Calvinist now ?

I've always been Reformed (though more aligned with Luther than Calvin). I reject, and can exegetically and lexically reconcile, the false binary of Calvinism and Arminianism.

What I was referring to was the Reformed mantra in my sig. The Church reformed (from Latin corruptions) and always reforming, according to the Word of God. I am within the boundaries of orthodoxy in my internal challenges of facets of terminology and formulaic for Theology Proper and Anthropology Proper, etc.

My previous approach aligned me with anti-Trinitarians, with whom I vehemently disagree.

Last edited:

Krsto

The thread was moved and renamed.

I heard a vicious rumor that you converted to Islam, which can't be true... right?

I still don't know what he was talking about. Disrespect? Is Lon not getting enough respect in this life?

No, I haven't "converted" to Islam since Islam isn't a religion to which one converts, contrary to popular opinion. Either a person is faithful to God (that's what the word "Muslim" means) or he isn't so anyone who is faithful to God is a "Muslim". I've been one for as long as I've been a Christian. Not that all Muslims would accept me as a brother but that's their problem, not mine :) Quite a few do just because I'm a Unitarian (thus God has no "partner" in my theology) and I'm faithful to God and even draw inspiration from Mohammad.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I still don't know what he was talking about. Disrespect? Is Lon not getting enough respect in this life?

No, I haven't "converted" to Islam since Islam isn't a religion to which one converts, contrary to popular opinion. Either a person is faithful to God (that's what the word "Muslim" means) or he isn't so anyone who is faithful to God is a "Muslim". I've been one for as long as I've been a Christian. Not that all Muslims would accept me as a brother but that's their problem, not mine :) Quite a few do just because I'm a Unitarian (thus God has no "partner" in my theology) and I'm faithful to God and even draw inspiration from Mohammad.

Wow. I really am speechless, and in the saddest grieving way possible.

And God has no "partner" in any valid theology. The Son is anarthrous Theos. Eternal and uncreated ontological divinity.

Reactions: Lon