Things that are different are not the same that includes God and Jesus Christ.

Cross Reference

Colossians 1:16 KJV -

That is a good verse to use IF we remember the understanding it is referring to is "the WORD, which was wth God and was God", the expression of Him Who united Himself within the soul and body of the man Jesus, then it all [gospel and letters]make complete sense.

oatmeal

Hey! Wake up and address what I wrote instead of keeping on with your convoluted reasoning.

Jesus could have called down ten thousand angels to destroy the world. Of Himself, He didn't have to redeem the world. Why did he? Why was He compelled to except He expressed the "PHYSICAL HEART OF GOD"?

Did He live in fear of His Father? Or was it HIS LOVE for you that He went to the cross to redeem your sorry butt? What? I gave you sound reasoning you choose to ignore. You explain why HE did so when HE had authority, equal to God, His Father, to do whatever HE deemed was the course of action to pursue?? Don't come back with anymore of your religious agenda ridden propaganda, OK? Be the Christian you profess to be.

You are a son of God by seed, not by adoption.

I John 3:1-2, I Peter 1:23

I did answer your questions, however, it not up to me to determine if you like my answers or not.

Clearly, you did not like my answers, but that is not my problem.

Do you do your Father's will? Are you one with God when you do God's will? Yes, you are.

Being one with the Father is not unique to Jesus Christ. Everyone who has done the Father's will is one with the Father at least on those parts of God's will that they chose to do.

Jesus Christ always chose to always to the Father's will, thus He was one with the Father in all of God's will for him.

The reason he did what he did is to fulfill the commandment, "Honor your father and mother" He did so by doing his Father's will.

Exodus 20:12

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Jesus Christ honors his Father. So should we as sons of God.

Jesus Christ first and foremost loved God with all his heart, soul and mind

Jesus Christ kept the first and great commandment and the second one as well.

Matthew 22:37-39

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

That is why he did what he did.

He loved God because God first loved him.

John 17:24

Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Even as God loved us even before we existed.

Romans 5:8

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

1 John 4:19

We love him, because he first loved us.

You explain why HE did so when HE had authority, equal to God, His Father, to do whatever HE deemed was the course of action to pursue??

Where did Jesus get his authority?

John 5:20

For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

John 8:42

Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 14:24

He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

John 14:28

Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

John 14:31

But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

John 5:19,30,26-27

Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise.

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

John 10:18

No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 12:49

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.

John 14:31

But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do....

John 15:10

If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

Matthew 12:50

For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Are you a brother of Jesus Christ?

Mark 12:6

Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved, he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.

Do you revere God's son?

John 4:34

Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.

John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Who gave to who? Who had something to give to the son?

John 6:38

For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

If Jesus is God, why didn't he do his own will?

John 7:17

If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

It is verses like the above that clearly demonstrate that the son is inferior to, derived from and subordinate to God.

Are you equal to do the Father's will for your life?

Yes, you are, you are a son of God, I John 3:1-2. II Corinthians 3:5-6, 9:8

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to read the context as well.

Jesus Christ did the will of the Father, not his own will.

They were always on the same page, so to speak.

They were one in purpose

No one takes eternal life from a believer because both God and Jesus Christ make sure of that.

John 10:25-36

Not as keen as the Jews were...huh?

oatmeal

I'll provide you the verse but that doesn't mean you will believe it.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. (Colossians 1:15 NKJV)​

Indeed, Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.

That does not say he is God

God is invisible, Jesus Christ is not. The two are different, therefore, they are not the same.

That verse does not say that Jesus is God, it says that he is the image of the invisible God.

Huge difference.

Do you have photo of your father? Is that photo literally your father? No, the photo is not your father, your father is your father, the photo is simply an image of your father!

oatmeal

Colossians 1:16 KJV -

God created by or for Jesus Christ

Ephesians 3:9 KJV

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

the words "by Jesus Christ" are found only in the Stephen's Greek text from which the KJV was translated. Thus, those words should be omitted.

Thus, Ephesians 3:9 should read, "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things"

God created.

Mark 13:19

For in those days shall be affliction, such as was not from the beginning of the creation which God created unto this time, neither shall be.

Genesis 1:1

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Who created?

a. God

b. the son of God

c. Jesus Christ

d. the image of God

"a" is the only correct answer.

God created

God told Moses that He made Moses god to Pharaoh. So are you going to tell me that Moses created? Exodus 7:1 KJV

And the Lord said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet.

Cross Reference

Clearly, you were overwhelmed by scripture.

Why not read and believe the scripture I supplied for you instead of insulting the messenger?

You go first. I and others, have "Clearly"given you understanding of the same scripture quote and a bunch you refuse to read.. You ignore it because it refutes your untoward opinion. That's dishonest.

What hole did you pop out of with such a damnable opinion? What books do you read that feed your ego? Who are your mentors? Certainly you won't be ashamed to mention their names?

oatmeal

You go first. I and others, have "Clearly"given you understanding of the same scripture quote and a bunch you refuse to read.. You ignore it because it refutes your untoward opinion. That's dishonest.

What hole did you pop out of with such a damnable opinion? What books do you read that feed your ego? Who are your mentors? Certainly you won't be ashamed to mention their names?

You are in the clear majority on this thread, who am I that I should take preeminence over the clear majority?

I am but one a few, you have hundreds(?) of fellows.

Show me which scriptures I have not believed.

I have showed you which ones you do not consider.

Jesus took his lessons from his Father. John 5:19,30

Jesus Christ has to learn for only God knows all, Jesus had to learn from God. First from scripture, then by God showing him via revelation

Cross Reference

You are in the clear majority on this thread, who am I that I should take preeminence over the clear majority?

I am but one a few, you have hundreds(?) of fellows.

Show me which scriptures I have not believed.

I have showed you which ones you do not consider.

Jesus took his lessons from his Father. John 5:19,30

It is not a question of which ones you believe but those you mis-construe for your advantage in argument. You will get no more from me. Argue with yourself.

oatmeal

Not as keen as the Jews were...huh?

You are vague and you have no scripture.

Isn't this the exclusively Christian thread where you would think that Christians who believe scripture is God's word would actually use scripture to make their point?

John 5:39

Matthew 4:1-10

Luke 4:1-30

"It is written"

The basis for Jesus' life was scripture.

If he had replied to the Devil with anything but scripture, would he have been doing God's will?

Cruciform

Since God is the Father of the lord Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ is not the Father, they are not the same.
Yes, the Father and Jesus are different Persons. Along with the Holy Spirit, however, they are also the same Being. That is the doctrine of the Trinity.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You need to read the context as well.

Jesus Christ did the will of the Father, not his own will.

They were always on the same page, so to speak.

They were one in purpose

No one takes eternal life from a believer because both God and Jesus Christ make sure of that.

John 10:25-36

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

Those who left Egypt all believed Moses and obeyed what God said, in order to be of that number however--

2Pe 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pe 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

2Pe 2:20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
2Pe 2:21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
2Pe 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Do not ignore scripture truth, lest you be found guilty of the blood of others.

LA

genuineoriginal

What did Jesus mean when he said, "I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).

It is most likely the same thing He meant in this verse:

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when He said His followers are to be one as Jesus and the Father are one?

Cross Reference

It is most likely the same thing He meant in this verse:

John 17:22
22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:​

Can you tell us what Jesus meant when He said His followers are to be one as Jesus and the Father are one?

<bated breath :)>

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
You say they are different Jesus said He is one with the Father. If you have seen Me you have seen the Father.