Just accept the Biblical fact that God is one

iamaberean

Bs"d

The Bible teaches that God is one:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isa 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Isa 54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Husband, LORD of hosts, and thy Redeemer.

Do you explain that the same way as a trinitarian.

Jesus said he was the first and the last (remember LORD God has no beginning or end),
Psa 90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
the same Spirit (Spiritual Life) that Adam had in him. The breath of life is (God in us) or eternal life. Adam was not God but we must assume that he could have passed that life on to his children. That is also why we (Christians) are called the children of God for we have the breath of life in us.

RBBI

The Shema was a statement concerning what happened on Mt. Sinai which was a wedding ketubah between His new bride and Him. He was telling them they were one with Him now, as a man and His wife are one.

This was underscored when they didn't listen and went whoring after other gods to join themselves to. As a result; because they denied their oneness which was the same as denying their very identity and existance, as a man thinketh in His heart so is he, and they ceased to exist as nation for a season of judgment.

Her husband loved her so much He came back to get her in bodily form but they were busy serving mammon and hating the other because we cannot serve HaShem and mammon (moneychangers) else you'll hate one and love the other, and hate and murder being the same sin, they participated in murdering her husband. Satan was a murderer from the beginning and so she was told she had joined herself to Satan.

And STILL He loves her and weeps for her and will return for her again. Peace

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am one...I have a physical body, a soul and a spirit.

My soul is not my spirit, my body is not my soul....yet I am one.

Let's count the ways of your views to date...

1. Evil is a thing
2. Not just the elect saved at the eschaton
3. Paul speaking as an unregenerate in Romans 7:14-25.
4. Man is trichotomous

"It is also no accident that the Gnostic impulse, now so rampant in the quest for spirituality, finds a ready-made beachhead into evangelical circles through the trichotomist view of human nature."

For more, see:
View attachment 21296

Sigh.

AMR

OCTOBER23

ELIA,

Polytheism does NOT Make you an idol worshiper if you Believe John 1:1

It is all according to your Belief.

You can believe in a Jewish RABBI as the Messiah (except when he Dies)
and then you have to find a new one.

WAIT TILL 2025 AND THE REAL MESSIAH WILL BE HERE.

iamaberean

ELIA,

Polytheism does NOT Make you an idol worshiper if you Believe John 1:1

It is all according to your Belief.

You can believe in a Jewish RABBI as the Messiah (except when he Dies)
and then you have to find a new one.

WAIT TILL 2025 AND THE REAL MESSIAH WILL BE HERE.

There are no more prophets, but since you made it don't be supprised when that doesn't happen, making you a false prophet.

Jesus said he came to fulfill all that had been written of him. If your saying the real Messiah isn't Jesus then you are wrong right from the start. If you are saying the real Messiah is Jesus then one must be saying.............Think about the bold print!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Elia can't be entirely faulted on this issue of the plural manifestation of oneness. This is the problem:

* During the evolution of a Oneness God concept in Judaism, it was difficult for the consistency of the monotheistic concept to compete against the erroneous polytheistic beliefs among the surrounding cultures. That is multiple unrelated deities of the moon or fire or rocks or goddesses etc.

* A new and true revelation occurred in the incarnation of a Son of God aka Jesus among the Jews as promised; God the Father is at one with subordinate deities of relative divinity, creative powers and authority. To see a Son of God is to see the Father manifest in a subordinate deity.

* This new, barely referenced during his incarnate life, revelation in the miraculous person of Christ, was then speculated about in hind sight after he returned to heaven......mixed up with existing Greek concepts that are not really accurate representations of the truth of Christ divine oneness with the Father.

* God has created children, some far greater than others in divinity.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Let's count the ways of your views to date...

1. Evil is a thing
2. Not just the elect saved at the eschaton
3. Paul speaking as an unregenerate in Romans 7:14-25.
4. Man is trichotomous

"It is also no accident that the Gnostic impulse, now so rampant in the quest for spirituality, finds a ready-made beachhead into evangelical circles through the trichotomist view of human nature."

For more, see:
View attachment 21296

Sigh.

AMR

You forgot the Millennial reign on earth of the saints with Christ.

It is also the key to why I believe God has more options than to damn everyone who does not belong to the church.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness for theirs is the kingdom of God. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.....somebody will inhabit the new earth, my home is in heaven.

Evil I say is a power and all powers were created by God. Man was not created for evil but for good only

We debated the issue of Paul [I should say Saul] in Roman's 7. we certainly disagreed.

When will you determine doctrine dear AMR by scriptura sola?

Paul speaks about body, soul and spirit.

The word of God is a 2 edged sword able to divide between bone and marrow, soul and spirit. It is YOUR doctrine that cain't discern between soulish things and spiritual....you have to learn the difference.

When folk come into the church unborn again we detect them, there is no confusion.

Those who seek spirituality apart from the new birth are all outside the church. There is no confusion.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Got it.

Righteous converts still in their fallen mortal bodies during their millennium who are distinguished from the immortals.

Going to have to create another "rapture" (catching away) for the "mortal believers" that get saved during their millennium in order to allow then to enter the glorified state and eternal bliss.

After all, where does all the saints in the millennium go when the earth flees away (Revelation 20:11) or passes away (Revelation 21:1-5)? Surely they are not going to pass away when the earth passes away?

I suppose the first 7 months of this gloriously perfect pristine Eden-like millennium will involve the gruesome and disturbing spectacle of being grave diggers and morticians sweeping up countless corpses (Ezekiel 39:9-14).

Yup, that works. :AMR1:

AMR

glorydaz

We don't have souls; we are souls; when the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. (Gen. 2:7) To become is to be and not to have. The soul is only the combination of body with the breath of life. At death, our body goes back to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it to man. That combination is undone and the soul/concept ceases to exist.

I repped you by mistake on this post. But, I actually don't agree with you here. The word soul is used in two different ways in the Bible. One as living souls, and one as the inner man. The breath of life that makes men living souls is attached to the body. When the breath of life departs, the body dies (no longer a living soul).

This verse makes it clear. Man has three distinct parts.

1 Thessalonians 5:23
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.​

We also see the soul and spirit and the joints and marrow (body).

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.​

glorydaz

It is also the key to why I believe God has more options than to damn everyone who does not belong to the church.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness for theirs is the kingdom of God. Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.....somebody will inhabit the new earth, my home is in heaven.

Evil I say is a power and all powers were created by God. Man was not created for evil but for good only

We debated the issue of Paul [I should say Saul] in Roman's 7. we certainly disagreed.

When will you determine doctrine dear AMR by scriptura sola?

Paul speaks about body, soul and spirit.

The word of God is a 2 edged sword able to divide between bone and marrow, soul and spirit. It is YOUR doctrine that cain't discern between soulish things and spiritual....you have to learn the difference.

When folk come into the church unborn again we detect them, there is no confusion.

Those who seek spirituality apart from the new birth are all outside the church. There is no confusion.

While I agree with much of what you say, I can't agree that God created evil. Evil is not a power, it is the absence of good. Just as darkness is the absence of light.

RBBI

While I agree with much of what you say, I can't agree that God created evil. Evil is not a power, it is the absence of good. Just as darkness is the absence of light.

Then you've never met true evil.

Isaiah 45:7 KJV I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Elia

Amen God is one....He is Father, Son and Holy Ghost

Bs"d

So you are saying God is His own father, and at the same time his own son??

Why is it that Christians cannot count to two?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things. Therefore behold, I will this once cause them to know, I will cause them to know My hand and My might; and they shall know that My name is Y-H-W-H.”
Jer 16:19-21

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Got it.

Righteous converts still in their fallen mortal bodies during their millennium who are distinguished from the immortals.

Going to have to create another "rapture" (catching away) for the "mortal believers" that get saved during their millennium in order to allow then to enter the glorified state and eternal bliss.

After all, where does all the saints in the millennium go when the earth flees away (Revelation 20:11) or passes away (Revelation 21:1-5)? Surely they are not going to pass away when the earth passes away?

I suppose the first 7 months of this gloriously perfect pristine Eden-like millennium will involve the gruesome and disturbing spectacle of being grave diggers and morticians sweeping up countless corpses (Ezekiel 39:9-14).

AMR

Get to the bible dear brother....this doesn't even pass for a caricature [you taught me that] of what I see.

And I wish you would go beyond the fathers, they had no right to abandon the doctrine of the Lord's 1,000 year glorious reign with His saints. The Mill IS the kingdom of Heaven.

Thy will be done ON EARTH as it is in heaven. It is as Paul teaches God's plan for the fullness of time [a synonym for the millennial age]

To UNITE all things whether they be things ON EARTH or things in heaven in Christ.

Why can this not happen in this age...which has been the forlorn hope of Amillennialism down the centuries?

Because they contradict the prophetic words of Christ concerning world conditions prior to and up to His return. So this reconciliation must take place after His return...the restoration of all things, as Peter says, as spoken by the mouth of all the prophets since the world began.

The earth is not going to be blown up at the Lord's return it is Paul says going to be SET FREE from it's bondage to decay.

The other Possuls never understood this, Paul understood it. These are the things Peter says Paul writes about in all his letters which things be hard to understand. PJ&J never understood the gospel age was to be the church among the nations, they never understood that this was a laying aside of Israel in the purposes of God, they never understood that this church among the nations would have to be removed before God could pour His wrath upon the nations.

When the church is gone then the rest of mankind will seek the Lord through Israel.

All these loud bangs and meltings away of the elements take place AFTER the 1,000 years, so Paul was right and the Jerusalem crowd were right. Each in their time

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

Yes but that absence is a negative power, now I am not clever enough to know how but I am sure that unless there be darkness there can be no light, there can be no order unless first there be chaos....it is OUT of darkess that God forms light.

In other words evil is the raw ingredient from which God creates abd is essential to creation. Not essential to God or to good but essential to creation.

Evil is not sin per se, man's meddling with evil is sin.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Got it.

AMR

Strange isn't it that you BELIEVE Revs 20.11 and you BELIEVE Revs 21. 1-5 but you stubbornly refuse to believe all that comes between concerning the 1,000 years.

You play scriptural hopscotch.

Ben Masada

1 - I repped you by mistake on this post. But, I actually don't agree with you here.
2 - The word soul is used in two different ways in the Bible.
3 - One as living souls, and one as the inner man. The breath of life that makes men living souls is attached to the body. When the breath of life departs, the body dies (no longer a living soul).

4 - This verse makes it clear. Man has three distinct parts.

5 - 1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

6 - We also see the soul and spirit and the joints and marrow body.

7 - Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

1 - Definitely, you have all the right in the world not to agree with me even if you don't know why you do that.

2 - Wait! What Bible, the Tanach or the NT? The NT belongs to an absolutely different religion and, in that case, I have no business interfering with unless they are using a Jew to preach against Judaism.

3 - I totally agree with that as long as the soul is only the combination of the body with the breath of life. (Gen. 2:7) At the time of death, the combination is undone while the body returns to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it to man.

4 - No, man has only two distinct parts: The body and the breath of life as soul is only the combination of the others.

5 - The spirit is an embellishment to the breath of life which once breathed into man's nostrils, man became a living soul. So, again, according to Gen. 2:7, We are composed of two parts only. Body and the breath of life.

6 - No, we don't. We can't see spirits because they are emanations. Unless we see them in a vision or in a dream.

7 - These are symbols of other realities from the constitution of man.