Just accept the Biblical fact that God is one

Elia

Bs"d

The Bible teaches that God is one:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

This text which says that God is one, is repeated in the NT, see HERE

Keep in mind that NOWHERE is it anywhere written in Scripture that God is three, three in one, triune, a trinity, or anything like that.

That should make it quite simple to accept the Biblical fact that God is one.

So go for it.

Throw the corrupt traditions of men overboard, and follow what God says.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"
Jer 16:19

Elia

I am one...I have a physical body, a soul and a spirit.

Bs"d

That's why you are not one.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Elia

the family is one

you can't have a family without a daddy, mommy, and baby

Bs"d

That's why a family is NOT one.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

Ben Masada

I am one...I have a physical body, a soul and a spirit.

My soul is not my spirit, my body is not my soul....yet I am one.

We don't have souls; we are souls; when the Lord formed man from the dust of the earth, He breathed into man's nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul. (Gen. 2:7) To become is to be and not to have. The soul is only the combination of body with the breath of life. At death, our body goes back to the dust and the breath of life goes back to God Who gave it to man. That combination is undone and the soul/concept ceases to exist.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

The Bible teaches that God is one:

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

This text which says that God is one, is repeated in the NT, see HERE

Keep in mind that NOWHERE is it anywhere written in Scripture that God is three, three in one, triune, a trinity, or anything like that.

That should make it quite simple to accept the Biblical fact that God is one.

So go for it.

Throw the corrupt traditions of men overboard, and follow what God says.

He is one, all of Gods divine offspring are unified with him in divinity. To have seen the Creator Son on earth in the person of Jesus was to have seen the Father.

Elia

He is one, all of Gods divine offspring are unified with him in divinity. To have seen the Creator Son on earth in the person of Jesus was to have seen the Father.

Bs"d

So according to you God is His own son, and at the same time His own father?

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”

Last edited:

Elia

how many would that be?

Bs"d

Depends on how many family members there are.

Elia

He is one, all of Gods divine offspring are unified with him in divinity.

Bs"d

God is not unified, God is ONE.

Elia

how do you explain

Let us make man in our image

in gen 1:26

Bs'd

Genesis 1:26; "Let us make man" If anybody finds in a text the word "us", would any normal person assume that it refers to one person with a multi-personality disorder? Of course not.

But why then, when Christians see the word "us" in the Bible, do they think that?

Gen 1:26 is used as a 'proof' that there is more than one God, or one God who is not one, eventhough the Bible clearly teaches that there is only one God who is one. and despite the fact that there are several other valid explanations for the plural word "us". One explanation is that it is a majestic plural as used by kings. Another possible explanation is that God was talking to the angels.

Some Christians try to refute the last argument by saying that the angels didn't create. They point to Genesis 1:1; "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." They say: 'God was the creator, and not the angels.' However, it is a given in Jewish law that an emissary is equal to the one who sends him. When a Jewish man marries a woman through an agent, the legal effect is the same as when he marries her personally. A good Biblical example of this is to be found in Genesis 19 where is spoken about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. God sent two angels to destroy the cities, the angels said to Lot in verse 13: "For we are about to destroy this place, because the outcry against its people has become great before the LORD, and the LORD has sent us to destroy it." Upon this Lot says to his sons in law: "Up, get out of this place; for the LORD is about to destroy the city." Lot didn't say: "The angels are going to destroy the city" He said: "The LORD (Y-H-W-H in the Hebrew text) is going to destroy the city". And in verse 29 it is written: "So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley...." So the angels were send by God to destroy the cities, but God is considered to be the one who did it, because He was the one who sent them. So why shouldn't the same hold true for the creation?

But one way or the other, no plural created man. Look in Genesis 5:1; "When God created man ..." In Hebrew this is: "bara Elohiem adam" Here the verb "to create", in Hebrew "bara", is in the singular, indicating clearly that Elohiem who created man is one. The same goes for the very first verse of the Bible: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." The word created is here written in the singular; it says "bara". If God was a plural, it should have been "baru".

BUT, back to the pronouns, Y-H-W-H says the following:

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

It says "I" am Y-H-W-H. And, as we all know, "I" is singular, and not plural, and therefore no three persons in Y-H-W-H. Otherwise He would have said: "WE are Y-H-W-H."

But no such thing, God says: "I am Y-H-W-H".

No trinity.

Another example of a pronoun:

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

As we see, it says that YOU, in the Hebrew singular, not plural are Y-H-W-H.

Again, no YOU, plural, are Y-H-W-H, but YOU singular, are Y-H-W-H.

So no three persons in God.

Another one:

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Clear what? It doesn't say: “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: WE are the first and WE are the last; apart from US there is no God.

No such a thing, it is all SINGULAR.

Another one:

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Again, God says: "I am Y-H-W-H", and not "WE are Y-H-W-H" Such a thing simply doesn't exist.

I can go on and on with this, but these examples suffice. There is NO plurality in God.

And the word "us" when God speaks to the angels, does not imply otherwise.

"Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that Y-H-W-H He is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; THERE IS NO OTHER."
Deut 4:39

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Bs'd

Genesis 1:26; "Let us make man" If anybody finds in a text the word "us", would any normal person assume that it refers to one person with a multi-personality disorder? Of course not.

But why then, when Christians see the word "us" in the Bible, do they think that?

did They only make one?

Elia

did They only make one?

Bs"d

"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
Gen 1:27

"Therefore know this day, and consider it in your heart, that Y-H-W-H He is God in heaven above and on the earth beneath; THERE IS NO OTHER."
Deut 4:39

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them."
Gen 1:27

He being Christ. You only have part of the story.

Christ is God but he is not the Most High, there can only be one who is most high, everyone else is less high but unified in Spirit.

E Pluribus Unum.

Elia

He being Christ. You only have part of the story.

Christ is God but he is not the Most High, there can only be one who is most high, everyone else is less high but unified in Spirit.

Bs"d

Well, at least you admit that you are an polytheist.

But of course, that makes you an idol worshipper.

“This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
Isaiah 44:6

Elia

Bs"d

What I see here is a lot of attempts to turn one into three, but what I don't see is Christians accepting the fact that God is one.

Why is it that Christians have so much trouble accepting that what is clearly written in their NT? :confused: :confused: :confused:

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15