Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimateSanity

They don't want to get it, Angel. It's part of being one of the entitlement generation. In the same way that people think they are entitled to free health insurance, to a share in the wealth of the rich.....they are entitled to being free from personal responsibility for their own stupid or immoral behavior. As long as there is someone else to blame, someone else to mooch off of, and someone else to pay their way to school, they are content.

Blame the thief for your own stupidity.....lots of finger pointing going on in this world today.

Taking personal responsibility is only for the other guy evidently.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The victim of a crime has no responsibility for their actions according to TH.
No. I never said that. I said, repeatedly, that they bear no blame or guilt for the actions of another. How you feel about leaving your wallet out where some thief can get at it is your business, but the theft and the blame and guilt for it remain with the thief.

glorydaz

The victim of a crime has no responsibility for their actions according to TH. If no crime was comittted, he would say the possible victim is acting foolishly and inviting a crime. But once the crime is committed, he magically absolves the victim of the previously acknowledged foolishness. How odd????

Good point, CS. It must be some special license.....a license to be stupid and a license to be immoral.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who said that? There are thieves as well as other criminals looking for any opportunity all the time.

As to the other scenerio, if a half naked chick is pressing it all over a guy, i would think thats implied consent.

As soon as the word "no" is uttered, it's clear there is no consent.

glorydaz

If I set my wallet down on on the table and walk away for a minute

but I'm not guilty of anything, because I haven't done a single thing that's wrong.

you're just...hostile and sad really.

It is sad, especially when they don't see their own folly.

"All I did was set my wallet down... and walk away for a minute."
"I'm not guilty of anything."
"I haven't done a single thing wrong."

There certainly are some that "don't see their own folly"....I can't argue with that one. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Correctly retold and it remains true.

Right. Whatever you think of the choice it's legal and no harm will come from it absent someone breaking the law. And that person is responsible, singularly, for the crime.

There certainly are some that "don't see their own folly"
You read it, but the actual humor of your own line escapes you.

....I can't argue with that one. :chuckle:
So it's like all the others then. :plain:

glorydaz

Correctly retold and it remains true.

Right. Whatever you think of the choice it's legal and no harm will come from it absent someone breaking the law. And that person is responsible, singularly, for the crime.

You read it, but the actual humor of your own line escapes you.

So it's like all the others then. :plain:

So you have no personal responsibility for anything you do that does not break a law. Cool. You've cleared that up.

You're one of the special ones. Entitled to a free pass for all your stupidity and immoral ways that don't quite meet the standard of illegality. That must be nice for you. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
As soon as the word "no" is uttered, it's clear there is no consent.

Exactly. Amazing that some here seem to think the majority of rapes must only happen to strippers and half naked women pressing themselves up against men. Oh, and what was it? Naked women walking through a men's prison, or something like that?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So you have no personal responsibility for anything you do that does not break a law.
For anyone actually following the argument, if you're raped, the fault, blame and guilt attach singularly to the person who willfully forced himself upon you. It was his willful act that caused the harm, not your deciding to go for a run alone, answer the door to someone you thought you knew better, etc.

Some people will try to judge you anyway. Pity and ignore them.

Now let's let one of them get back to finding herself amusing.

...special ones...free pass...your stupidity...immoral ways . :chuckle:

1PeaceMaker

Whatever you think of the choice it's legal and no harm will come from it absent someone breaking the law. And that person is responsible, singularly, for the crime.

This is such a salient point. It's at the heart of the matter.

God also lays the blame with the transgressor, not the famous or beautiful or otherwise targeted victim.

As James 1:14 succinctly puts it: "But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed."

Good doesn't incite evil, and non-criminal acts need not be punished or shamed, since they are not the source of the crime itself.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If I set my wallet down on on the table and walk away for a minute I'm not the reason you're a thief.

you're right, you're not the reason the thief is a thief

which is an odd thing to say, because nobody is saying that the woman who acts imprudently and increases her risk of being raped is the reason the rapist is a rapist

but this is typical of you, to argue against a point that's not being made and avoid addressing the points that are being made that you can't address

You could call the action careless or indifferent, but I'm not guilty of anything, because I haven't done a single thing that's wrong.

:chuckle:

good one! :thumb:

i look forward to hearing about you telling Jack that he hasn't done a single thing that's wrong when he forgets to lock his bike at school and it gets stolen :chuckle:

ok doser

There certainly are some that "don't see their own folly"....I can't argue with that one. :chuckle:

:darwinsm:

looks like a good idea for a thread title! :banana:

1PeaceMaker

Then don't take a nice bike to school. Those get their locks picked. Take a junky bike and you won't even need a lock. And you won't tempt anyone to covet.

[/sarcasm]

ok doser

Then don't take a nice bike to school. Those get their locks picked. Take a junky bike and you won't even need a lock. And you won't tempt anyone to covet.

[/sarcasm]

and a wonderful example of sarcasm it is...

if anybody had been arguing that women shouldn't dress attractively

Arsenios

you're right, you're not the reason the thief is a thief

i look forward to hearing about you telling Jack that he hasn't done a single thing that's wrong when he forgets to lock his bike at school and it gets stolen

That being said, we find in Cairo women wearing burkas who almost universally report being groped by Muslim men...

And in sleazy US neighborhoods, half naked street hookers being left strictly alone...

Yet the question of ANY kind of rape, marital or not, among Christians, cannot be called into question at all. The answer is NO! A Christian in name only CAN TRY to justify raping his own beloved wife, and he will fail... Rape is a CARNAL enterprise, and Christians do NOT live carnal lives, even while still adorned in mortal flesh...

Yet women cannot expect to dress and act carnally, and not draw carnal attentions, and one of these is carnal rape by those living carnally...

A nightmare I could have, and have imagined, is that of being a knock-em-dead gorgeously attractive young woman having to deal constantly with carnal males on their constant approach to me wherever I show up...

Yaaaarrrrggghh!

Gimme the burkha!

Arsenios

ok doser

That being said, we find in Cairo women wearing burkas who almost universally report being groped by Muslim men...

i don't give a ratz patooty what mooslims do in the islamic world
And in sleazy US neighborhoods, half naked street hookers being left strictly alone...

nonsense - they just know better than to report rape

Yet the question of ANY kind of rape, marital or not, among Christians,

marital rape does not exist in a marriage between two Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.