Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hideous crime?

Well so is emptying a bank account, selling or stealing everything of value, taking the kids, the dog, the food- pretty much everything except the bills.
While you're on a protective order, unable to secure your possessions and household because you pushed your irate wife one night.

:plain: Boring *story*. You need some new material.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:plain: Boring *story*. You need some new material.

Yeah, and that's why I don't care if women like you get raped. Something you never understood from the start- you all don't mind men getting treated horribly, so why should I care so much about you :rolleyes:

Let it sink in- you shouldn't be expecting men to cater to you while you run over them :wave2:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yeah, maybe he should have said something along the lines of it's only stupid people who deserve to get raped - then that would put the pair of you little cranks in the firing line...

I've never said that only stupid people deserve to get raped

Arthur Brain

only a retard like you would fail to realize that the deservedness is conditional

and i've never said that rape is no big deal :idunno:

Only a total troll/sociopath would state that people deserve to be raped and ironically attach an intelligence factor in regards to that. So in that sense alone you've reduced rape to being no big deal...

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Hideous crime?
Right.

Well so is emptying a bank account,
Well, no. I don't know a rational soul who'd hesitate choosing between temporarily losing access to their money and being raped.

selling or stealing everything of value, taking the kids, the dog, the food- pretty much everything except the bills.
You can't steal common property, which is what marital assets are. And someone who attempts to do what you're describing can be met in a court and a fair division of assets arrived at. You can't be un-raped.

While you're on a protective order, unable to secure your possessions and household because you pushed your irate wife one night.
That's still not true. All anyone has to do is get a status quo order then present a case at a permanent order hearing, and then work out the rest in a divorce proceeding.

Probably will end up guilty on a charge because of all the Arthur Brains in the courtroom.
Or because your hypothetical guy (ahem) was guilty as charged.

ok doser

Only a total troll/sociopath

that's an emotional rant, devoid of reason

tardlyartie said:
would state that people deserve to be raped

some people, artie

those who act in ways that they know will increase their risk of being raped

tardlyartie said:
and ironically attach an intelligence factor in regards to that.

i didn't do that, artie

you did

artie said:
So in that sense alone you've reduced rape to being no big deal...

your conclusion is based on flawed premises

which is typical of any discussion with you when you've been hitting the sauce

Arthur Brain

I've never said that only stupid people deserve to get raped

Oh goody for you then. The fact that you even said such a thing to begin with shows where you're at. Even musty told you to stop in that thread as believe it or not folk don't hold with that kind of asinine garbage. Go figure, or in you case don't bother. Your act wore thin ages ago...

ok doser

Well, no. I don't know a rational soul who'd hesitate choosing between temporarily losing access to their money and being raped.

where do you get "temporarily"?

and i know lots of people who would allow themselves to be raped for money

they're called prostitutes

ok doser

Oh goody for you then. The fact that you even said such a thing to begin with shows where you're at. Even musty told you to stop in that thread as believe it or not folk don't hold with that kind of asinine garbage. Go figure, or in you case don't bother. Your act wore thin ages ago...

hepatomegaly can be a life threatening condition artie

better get yerself checked out

Arthur Brain

that's an emotional rant, devoid of reason

No, it's based on your long established trait as a troll who resorts to this thinly veiled deflection to avoid a proper response.

some people, artie

those who act in ways that they know will increase their risk of being raped

Execrable in itself.

i didn't do that, artie

you did

No, you did:

"I'm thinking that some people are so stupid they deserve to get raped"

your conclusion is based on flawed premises

Nope, it's based on your own words as much as you may like to squirm around them.

which is typical of any discussion with you when you've been hitting the sauce

Ah, the lies/projection again. You only hurt yourself with that dude...

ok doser

From understanding the law and how it works. A thing I already explained to our willfully ignorant friend.

i don't believe you're talking about the same thing

bu that's ok - whatever you think you're talking about, you probably think you're right

so keep waving that flag at yourself :first:

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

A man, for starts.

Still wondering why a woman is so destructed by a man over a woman to a man. I won't get the answer because we all know that women have a victim complex.

You can't steal common property

Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's a crime. What married couple has private bank accounts, and so on?

This is the part where you say "That's their fault", and I point out the resounding irony of the subject of what causes rape according to you :rolleyes:

That's still not true. All anyone has to do is get a status quo order then present a case at a permanent order hearing, and then work out the rest in a divorce proceeding.

Yeah, it's so simple- except it isn't. I saw it happen with my own two eyes, and was almost forced to assist in it.

Or because your hypothetical guy (ahem) was guilty as charged.

Guilty of pushing your irate wife.

The rightful penalty: a shove
The actual penalty: can't own a firearm, jail time, kids lost, fines, and some guy living in their house with their family.

Justice :rolleyes:

You see, I care as much about women being victimized as women do about men victimized. Don't like it? Good. Go cry a river like you all tell men :wave2:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wrote: I don't know a rational soul who'd hesitate choosing between temporarily losing access to their money and being raped.
A man, for starts.
A very, very stupid one.

Still wondering why a woman is so destructed by a man over a woman to a man.
Try that again in English.

I won't get the answer because we all know that women have a victim complex.
You won't get an answer because it's mostly poorly constructed assumption that doesn't merit it. You haven't made the case you're resting that slightly garbled attempt on.

Just because it's not illegal doesn't mean it's a crime.
That's actually exactly what it means. :plain:

What married couple has private bank accounts, and so on?
Most married couples have bank accounts. If by "private" you mean individual, that's not uncommon either, especially among the affluent.

This is the part where you say "That's their fault",
No, it's the part where I note that doesn't actually change anything.

and I point out the resounding irony of the subject of what causes rape according to you :rolleyes:
Seriously, stop trying to see how much you can't manage to make work in a sentence.

Yeah, it's so simple- except it isn't. I saw it happen with my own two eyes, and was almost forced to assist in it.
Everything I said about recourse and the law are absolutely and completely true.

Guilty of pushing your irate wife.
Actually, guilty of breaking into a room she'd attempted to secure herself in and striking her in the process. That was your "hypothetical" and that's battery (assault as well if she retreated in fear).

The rightful penalty: a shove
Nope. A simple shove wouldn't do it. Absent physical evidence it's a he said/she said and that won't survive a hearing.

The actual penalty: can't own a firearm, jail time, kids lost, jail time, fines, and some guy living in their house with their family.
That takes a felony conviction and that requires actual evidence. You're not being honest with the facts.

You see, I care about as much about women being victimized as women do about men victimized.
You've established your emotional stunting and issues already. Your inability to see people as more than extensions of your bias speaks to that as well.

So much for equal measure- instead of them being misandrists, I'm just a misogynist :rolleyes:
Oh, I wouldn't say just. I don't think anyone would use that in relation to your arguments. :nono:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yeah, and that's why I don't care if women like you get raped.

Being that you don't even view rape as a crime (by virtue of the way you badmouth victims and excuse rapists) ,it's obvious to anyone who is honest (and not a complete troll) that this has nothing whatsoever to do with *women like you* (me) and everything to do with with those such as yourself ... overgrown boys who take issue with not being admired and obeyed.. Too bad for you. The legitimate LAW agrees with me and you know it, which is why you are so angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.