The Terrible God of Calvinism

Robert Pate

Banned
The God of the Bible is not the same God of Calvinism. The God of the Bible, "So loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, that whosoever that believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

The Bible depicts God as being "Long-suffering and not willing that any should perish" 2 Peter 3:9. The Psalms written by King David, paint a picture of God as being kind, just, merciful, righteous compassionate and long-suffering, Psalm 86:15.

But the God of Calvinism is none of that. The God of Calvinism predestinates billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. It is not our fault that we are sinners, its Adam's fault. We are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. We are sinners without works. You cannot make yourself a sinner simply because you were born into sin.

"For as by one man disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19.

We inherited sin from our first Father Adam. We all have Adam's blood coursing through our veins. This means that the God of Calvinism is unjust because he sends sinners to hell. No one should be sentenced to hell because they are sinners. No one will go to hell because of sin, they will go to hell because of unbelief and rejection of God's Son, Jesus Christ.

If you are going to believe in Calvinism, then you must believe that God creates and gives life to people that are reprobates. He creates and gives life to these reprobates for the sole purpose of sending them to hell. How can anyone have faith in a God that would do such a terrible thing as this?

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith. It is not humanly possible to have faith in the mean, cruel, unjust, unrighteous God of Calvinism.

NickCharles

Then you have an issue since God sends some of those He loves to hell. How can you believe in a God who doesn't love unconditionally?

nikolai_42

The God of the Bible is not the same God of Calvinism. The God of the Bible, "So loves the world that he gives his only begotten Son, that whosoever that believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

The Bible depicts God as being "Long-suffering and not willing that any should perish" 2 Peter 3:9. The Psalms written by King David, paint a picture of God as being kind, just, merciful, righteous compassionate and long-suffering, Psalm 86:15.

But the God of Calvinism is none of that. The God of Calvinism predestinates billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam. It is not our fault that we are sinners, its Adam's fault. We are born into sin, Psalm 51:5. We are sinners without works. You cannot make yourself a sinner simply because you were born into sin.

"For as by one man disobedience many were MADE sinners" Romans 5:19.

We inherited sin from our first Father Adam. We all have Adam's blood coursing through our veins. This means that the God of Calvinism is unjust because he sends sinners to hell. No one should be sentenced to hell because they are sinners. No one will go to hell because of sin, they will go to hell because of unbelief and rejection of God's Son, Jesus Christ.

If you are going to believe in Calvinism, then you must believe that God creates and gives life to people that are reprobates. He creates and gives life to these reprobates for the sole purpose of sending them to hell. How can anyone have faith in a God that would do such a terrible thing as this?

Salvation always has been and always will be by faith. It is not humanly possible to have faith in the mean, cruel, unjust, unrighteous God of Calvinism.

Robert, let me know if this is a good analogy for what you are saying:

All men are born with Adam's sinful nature - let's say this is analogous to all men being subject to gravity (everyone born into the world is - no exceptions). All men are riding an airplane whose pilot is gone and that is destined to crash into a mountain. God - wanting all to be saved - distributes to every one on board (without exception) a top of the line parachute since He wants everyone to be saved. The parachute is foolproof and functions perfectly every time it is used. Most men jump out of the plane (some don't - hoping it will actually land safely). Of the ones who jump out of the plane, only some actually pull the ripcord to activate the parachute. These are they that have faith to believe - and so are saved. Those that don't are wanting to save themselves (by religion or some other ineffectual way).

Is this a reasonable comparison?

NickCharles

Do you believe that those who are Christ rejectors should have eternal life?

I'm not taking about my view, so do not try to shift the burden. The question is, do you believe that God loves unconditionally? You cannot say He does if He sends people to hell.

Robert Pate

Banned
I'm not taking about my view, so do not try to shift the burden. The question is, do you believe that God loves unconditionally? You cannot say He does if He sends people to hell.

God sends no one to hell.

People send themselves to hell because they do not believe in the one whom God has sent.

God so loved the world, unconditionally, John 3:16. He provides salvation for the whole world as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

However, this salvation is not yours if you don't receieve it.

nikolai_42

People send themselves to hell because they do not believe in the one whom God has sent.

God so loved the world, unconditionally, John 3:16. He provides salvation for the whole world as a free gift from God, Ephesians 2:8.

So men perish based on who there are and what they do...but they live based on what they choose?

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert, let me know if this is a good analogy for what you are saying:

All men are born with Adam's sinful nature - let's say this is analogous to all men being subject to gravity (everyone born into the world is - no exceptions). All men are riding an airplane whose pilot is gone and that is destined to crash into a mountain. God - wanting all to be saved - distributes to every one on board (without exception) a top of the line parachute since He wants everyone to be saved. The parachute is foolproof and functions perfectly every time it is used. Most men jump out of the plane (some don't - hoping it will actually land safely). Of the ones who jump out of the plane, only some actually pull the ripcord to activate the parachute. These are they that have faith to believe - and so are saved. Those that don't are wanting to save themselves (by religion or some other ineffectual way).

Is this a reasonable comparison?

Yes, the Gospel calls for a responce. No responce is a responce and they crashed with the plane.

NickCharles

Can God prevent people from going to hell?

nikolai_42

God has done all that he can do to save all of humanity.

The ball is now in humanities court. What will you do with Jesus?

Why is the gospel foolishness to those who are perishing? Is it mental deficiency? Pride? A blind spot in their understanding?

Robert Pate

Banned
Why is the gospel foolishness to those who are perishing? Is it mental deficiency? Pride? A blind spot in their understanding?

The reason that I did not respond to Christ for a number of years is because I loved being a sinner.

I did not get saved until I was 34.