Act of God, or not?

CherubRam

Was the tsunami a act of God.

Indian Ocean tsunami: Sunday, December 26, 2004.
The rush of the tsunami (tidal waves) brought sudden disaster to people carrying out their daily activities.
On the ocean's edge many Indians of India were swept away to their death while taking a ritual Hindu bath, in their worship of the full moon.

India has recorded nearly 10,000 deaths from the tsunami that pounded shorelines on Dec. 26 in its southern states and the outlying Andaman and Nicobar islands. Some 6,000 people are missing and presumed dead, mainly in the island territories.
The death toll is expected to climb higher as the body count continues. No animals were found drown. It is reported that animals were seen moving to higher ground before the tsunami struck, were as human beings were completely unaware.
The tidal wave came in at the very time the Pagans went into the ocean's edge to worship. At that very time, on that day, the tidal wave came in.
And the people of the world said that it was just a matter of science.

Does anyone find it odd that the tidal wave came on that very day and hour, when the Pagans were worshiping their Moon god at the ocean's edge?
And what about the Haitians joining Voodoo or other Pagan religions to Christ?
Our scientist also say the earth is due to be struck by a large meteor, but that it will not an act of God. Our scientist also say that it is time for us to have plagues, famine, pestilence, increase of earth quakes; but it will not be an act of God.
For sure many things are a matter of science, but it sounds like the scientist are doing a lot of prophesying to me.

Does anyone find it odd that the scientist have said all of these things are meant to happen at the same time frame the bible said it would? But yet it is a matter of science and not of God! Really!

Mar 11, 2011 ... Thousands of people are dead and thousands more are missing after a tsunami caused by a huge 8.9-magnitude quake devastated north-east Japan.

The Japan tsunami was a year to the day that Japan pressured Israel to stop construction in the West Bank.

MOFA: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. A statement by Press Secretary/Director-General for Press and Public Relations, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, on the decision of the Government of Israel regarding the construction of housing units at settlements in West Bank including East Jerusalem.

March 11, 2010
1. The Government of Japan deplores the decisions of the Government of Israel to give permission for the construction of 1,600 housing units in East Jerusalem in addition to 112 units in West Bank just after the Israeli and Palestinian leadership’s acceptance of the start of indirect talks. The Government of Japan does not recognize any act that prejudges the final status of Jerusalem and the territories in the pre-1967 borders. Japan demands that the plans should not be implemented.
2. The Government of Japan continues to request strongly that both parties will act in a way that enhances mutual confidence. Japan sincerely hopes that the indirect talks in the peace process will swiftly develop into the resumption of direct talks between the two parties.

Haitian earthquake. January 12, 2010.
Jean Jacques Dessalines, who led the Haitian revolution against the French Army, entered into a pact with Satan disguised as a voodoo deity in exchange for a military victory, which finally happened in 1803.
One minister of a Haitian-American church -- who does not believe this legend -- recently wrote about the frequent references in Haiti “to a spiritual pact that the fathers of the nation supposedly made with the devil to help them win their freedom from France. As a result of that satanic alliance, as they put it, God has placed a curse on the country sometime around its birth, and that divine burden has made it virtually impossible for the vast majority of Haitians to live in peace and prosperity in their land…The satanic pact allegedly took place at Bois-Caïman near Cap-Haïtien on August 14, 1791 during a meeting organized by several slave leaders, under [Dutty] Boukman’s leadership, before launching what would become Haiti’s Independence War.”
UPDATE: CBN spokesman Chris Roslan issued a statement Regarding Pat Robertson's Comments on Haiti, saying “On today’s The 700 Club, during a segment about the devastation, suffering and humanitarian effort that is needed in Haiti, Dr. Robertson also spoke about Haiti’s history. His comments were based on the widely-discussed 1791 slave rebellion led by Boukman Dutty at Bois Caiman, where the slaves allegedly made a famous pact with the devil in exchange for victory over the French. This history, combined with the horrible state of the country, has led countless scholars and religious figures over the centuries to believe the country is cursed.

San Francisco Earthquake on Oct. 17,1989.
San Francisco, AKA Sodom and Gomorrah. The city that mocks God and Christ daily.

Alate_One

trying to draw conclusions about these events as "punishment from God" is a bad idea.

Jesus himself stopped the disciples from doing so.

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

CherubRam

trying to draw conclusions about these events as "punishment from God" is a bad idea.

Jesus himself stopped the disciples from doing so.

Now there were some present at that time who told Jesus about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2Jesus answered, “Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans because they suffered this way? 3I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish. 4Or those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them—do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem? 5I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.”

Some things are by chance, while other things are acts of God.

Alate_One

Some things are by chance, while other things are acts of God.

If God is sovereign, all things are "acts of God". The question is, was there an intent to punish. Unless it's specifically stated by a true prophet, I don't think you can make a good case for a punishment effect.

CherubRam

If God is sovereign, all things are "acts of God". The question is, was there an intent to punish. Unless it's specifically stated by a true prophet, I don't think you can make a good case for a punishment effect.

That reminds me of that saying: "If people were meant to fly they would have wings."

I am the only person in the world who has made accurate forecast, but I do not call myself a prophet. The question was for any person to consider for themselves.