Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I told you that I like it here and will continue to support it within reason. I don't need you to balance my checkbook for me, thank you!

As do I ... which is why I continue to support TOL.

Insofar as problems with other posters, my suggestion is to put them on ignore.

TOL is admittedly biased ... which IMO is more honest than sites where it is claimed there is no bias. Do some members use this to their advantage? Sure. However, what they do will not define how I choose to respond or bother to respond.

I have been on a lot of discussion forums, and quite honestly, TOL offers more liberty in posting than the rest.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because the person who started the thread isn't very bright.

He had a fair question, who the heck cares where it's posted?

Fact is, you banned The Barbarian for something that was totally tame, something you'd never have banned Stripe for saying.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Insofar as problems with other posters, my suggestion is to put them on ignore.

:up:

Unfortunately, evolutionists seem to think they have to argue with everything a YEC says. If a creationist said the Earth was round, there'd be some moron Darwinist — I apologize for the redundancy — poke his head out from under a rock to disagree.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Unfortunately, evolutionists seem to think they have to argue with everything a YEC says. If a creationist said the Earth was round, there'd be some moron Darwinist poke his head out from under a rock to disagree.

well the earth is misshapen - not a perfect round ball. LOL kiddin' :cigar:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
He had a fair question, who the heck cares where it's posted?

Fact is, you banned The Barbarian for something that was totally tame, something you'd never have banned Stripe for saying.
Of course not!

I agree with Stripe. Stripe is on my side of the bias.

The Barbarian is a jerk who has posted on TOL for years and when he makes a database wasting post he exposes himself to possible banishment. Heck it wouldn't hurt my feeling at all to permanently ban him.

Again... if any of you find this unpalatable you are free to leave. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to stay here on TOL.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Unfortunately, evolutionists seem to think they have to argue with everything a YEC says. If a creationist said the Earth was round, there'd be some moron Darwinist — I apologize for the redundancy — poke his head out from under a rock to disagree.
That is a great point.

Essentially I'm just looking for reasons to ban folks like Barbarian because he's done the same thing on TOL for probably 10 years or so. It's just a waste of effort.

Quetzal

That is a great point.

Essentially I'm just looking for reasons to ban folks like Barbarian because he's done the same thing on TOL for probably 10 years or so. It's just a waste of effort.
Would it be worth considering telling them exactly that. Something along the lines of: "-User-, based on your post and infraction history, I do not feel you are a proper fit for this forum. 24 Hours from now, your membership will be banned from this forum." No need to look for reasons, just cut em out.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Of course not!

I agree with Stripe. Stripe is on my side of the bias.

I'm sure glad you don't run the country.

The Barbarian is a jerk who has posted on TOL for years and when he makes a database wasting post he exposes himself to possible banishment. Heck it wouldn't hurt my feeling at all to permanently ban him.

You know, when you've banned everyone who isn't on your side of the bias, you're going to have a pretty boring forum.

Again... if any of you find this unpalatable you are free to leave. Nobody is twisting anyone's arm to stay here on TOL.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank TOL for being the catalyst for my moving from strongly conservative to a more left than right moderate, and even more importantly, for damaging my faith in Christianity. Since you're the owner of the site, I thought you'd like to know how influential the Christians on this site have been in my life.

Anyway, this place needs some balance so that's partly why I'm still here.

Jose Fly

Well yeah....that's how this site is run. Just look at this thread. Those not on the right-wing Christian team have been referred to as scum and morons and nothing happens.

If that's the sort of biased site they want to run as Christians, that's fine. But I can't imagine they believe it gives a positive impression of the faith though.