Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't care what other people think of me. What you want from me is what you get on every other Christian website. A "mamba pamby", nicer than God love-fest. Sorry, Jesus wasn't a girly man. He flipped over tables and whipped people with a whip He made Himself.

So if you are looking for the limp-wristed Christians you are going to have to look elsewhere.
Booyah!

Jose Fly

You're totally right. It isn't. The problem I have that you don't is that it's my faith, too

Well, I've been around religious-themed internet forums for well over a decade, and I've noticed some very definite trends.

In forums that are run fairly where the same rules are applied to everyone equally, right-wing Christianity doesn't fare well at all and eventually its advocates leave. The only places where right-wing Christianity does well are forums like this one that are specifically biased in its favor.

So I guess I kind of understand the dilemma managers here face. If they run it fairly, it won't be long before it becomes dominated by non-Christians. Run it unfairly and it reflects poorly on Christianity.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I don't care what other people think of me. What you want from me is what you get on every other Christian website. A "mamba pamby", nicer than God love-fest. Sorry, Jesus wasn't a girly man. He flipped over tables and whipped people with a whip He made Himself.

Jesus did not whip people, sir, FYI.

Jose Fly

:doh: You don't see unbridled vitriol here like you do at other sites.

I've seen some of the most hateful, horrible things said here about gays, atheists, and other groups. I mean, one of the regular debates here is whether gays should be executed, or just locked up.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Your right, he never said "scum" - he said vipers, broods of vipers, dogs, whitewashed tombs, child of the devil, father of lies, wolves in sheeps clothing, swine, scorners, mockers, despisers, infidels and heathen.

Only to those who opposed his message and divinity. I, and the other Christians here, do neither

Jose Fly

We are human and subject to bias. Knight allows a broad spectrum of discussion on this forum.
If people are questing to learn or attempting to qualify or set something straight he is very accepting.
When you have been here for awhile you will observe some patterns of pushing hot buttons by certain people. When it reaches the level of trolling Knight will step in before all out war ensues.

That only applies to those on the right-wing Christian team. Those on the team are free to troll and push buttons all they like.

But again, don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
my problem with the barbarian
is
he is a teacher who says he is pro life
and
he is smart enough to know that the democrats support abortion
so
what can he do?
he does whatever he can to make the republicans look bad
because
they don't support unions or teachers
which
in his mind is more important than abortion

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Exactly. In forums that are run fairly, right-wing Christianity does extremely poorly.

I remember a quite famous atheists message board that went under also at basically the same time for the same reasons. It wasnt about right wing christianity, none of them, it was about unlike minded people wanting to take over and ruining the place.

Same thing was the begining as whats happening in this thread, whining about the rules, wanting to change the place.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
If we were supposed to name call and berate those who are not like us, then no Gentiles would ever have become Christians.

Christians should be judging those who claim to be inside the church, do you read your bible at all?

You claim to be christian, but talk like you don't know what the bible even says.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Then suck it up and accept it like it is. If you cant, find your way to the door, those are your options.

No they don't. They flock together where they won't be bothered with uncomfortable questions. That's not sucking it up. That's hiding from what scares you