Mods, why was The Barbarian banned?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Because Stripe tries to get people who disagree with him banned as often as possible, and he's often successful. Unfortunately.

Also, Granite shouldn't have been banned either. That was lame.

I agree. I would love for any mod to weigh in on this and defend themselves though

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
It was Knight that made that decision. You'll have to take that up with him.

Thank you for your comment. He's free to weigh in whenever he wants. It would be helpful if he did. Otherwise, he just looks like someone who can't deal with dissenting opinions. Bad quality for a moderator to have, don't you think?

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Please read these rules.

You should have read them when you first joined this board. The is a Christian board that leans to the far right.

I understand the rules. What I don't understand is how Barbarian broke any of them that Stripe didn't. I've asked Knight in a pm.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Please read these rules.

You should have read them when you first joined this board. The is a Christian board that leans to the far right.

Because there's a correlation between the rules and moderator activity. Right. :p

Anyway, Kdall, one of the benefits of a subscription (as far as I'm aware; this may have changed) is access to the woodshed, where you can see reported posts and moderator activity with respect to reported posts.

I don't recommend subscribing, of course. (As Sherman just said; this is a biased site.) I'm just pointing this out.

Quetzal

It was Knight that made that decision. You'll have to take that up with him.
That may be true, but you certainly went on the war path yesterday by banning Granite and going after PureX for, what I thought, what was relatively tame in regards to posts. From my perspective, you were fishing for reasons since neither of their posts were reported, you simply took it upon yourself.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
When scum starts growing on places like your patio

PUB0005979_352092.jpg

you have to use a power washer to wash it away.

You know that it's a temporary cleanse, as it will return, but it sure makes the patio look and smell nice when it's gone.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
Because there's a correlation between the rules and moderator activity. Right. :p

Anyway, Kdall, one of the benefits of a subscription (as far as I'm aware; this may have changed) is access to the woodshed, where you can see reported posts and moderator activity with respect to reported posts.

I don't recommend subscribing, of course. (As Sherman just said; this is a biased site.) I'm just pointing this out.

Perhaps this thread can expose a little bit of that for non subscribers

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
That may be true, but you certainly went on the war path yesterday by banning Granite and going after PureX for, what I thought, what was relatively tame in regards to posts. From my perspective, you were fishing for reasons since neither of their posts were reported, you simply took it upon yourself.

In all fairness to the moderators, Granite acts like a jerk the vast majority of the time. The vast majority of his posts, that I've seen, are basically just insults and pathological appeals. So that one particular post was relatively tame...compared to what?

Quetzal

Perhaps this thread can expose a little bit of that for non subscribers
It is a joke, but this is a private forum and it happens. It is unfortunate though because we are in danger of losing unique perspectives on topics. I do not want to see that happen.

Quetzal

In all fairness to the moderators, Granite acts like a jerk the vast majority of the time. The vast majority of his posts, that I've seen, are basically just insults and pathological appeals. So that one particular post was relatively tame...compared to what?
I hold his comments relative to what people are throwing at him. I do this for everyone. Personally, it looks like he took a lot more than he dished out (many of the times) and got dinged for it.

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
It is a joke, but this is a private forum and it happens. It is unfortunate though because we are in danger of losing unique perspectives on topics. I do not want to see that happen.

Granite doesn't have a unique perspective on topics. He has tons and tons of vitriol. That's about all I've seen from the guy. He offers almost zero evidence or arguments for his positions. It's: " Either agree with me, or you are a worthless excuse for a human being."

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
I hold his comments relative to what people are throwing at him. I do this for everyone. Personally, it looks like he took a lot more than he dished out (many of the times) and got dinged for it.

By all means, review any of his posts against me in particular. :idunno:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay, it is bad form to be bugging the staff about infractions. I place people back in the penalty box if they pester me about it after they come off a ban.

Knight created this board and it is his playground to govern at his discretion. It is also a Christian board. Comments disparaging the Bible, and Christians can get you in trouble

Stipe is the chorus in a Greek comedy.

Knight judged right that this comment was disruptive and didn't add anything to the discussion. This is heckling rather than participating. If you want to heckle Creationists, go someplace else.

Quetzal

Granite doesn't have a unique perspective on topics. He has tons and tons of vitriol. That's about all I've seen from the guy. He offers almost zero evidence or arguments for his positions. It's: " Either agree with me, or you are a worthless excuse for a human being."
That is one perspective, but this is a very popular frame of mind for this website. I have seen much worse from other members that will normally go unnoticed. Maybe he had it coming, but the bias is becoming more and more prevalent and I hope it won't discourage open discussion.